It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Severe pain in the lower back. I don't know what's wrong with me.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2014, 08:00 AM   #1
    Char024
    (female)

Char024 HB User
    Severe pain in the lower back. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I've been having pains on my left side waistline more toward the back but not the back it self. Its been the same spot since the whole 'back-pain' thing started. I think it's because of my kidney but Im not sure if it is or not. This is not the first time it's happening. It started a couple of months ago, probably in Feb-March 2013, I guess. The pain comes and goes. It usually last 3-5 weeks, which at first starts from the left side and after a couple of days, there's pain in both, the right and the left side [spots parallel to each other]. It goes on like this for a few weeks, one to three weeks minimum or sometimes even for a month or longer. It starts to pain in my left (and right side after some days) out of nowhere and after a few weeks, the pain goes like there was nothing wrong. The pain is severe and at times it feel like there's air in my kidney too sometimes. Also, there's some loud noise/sound made when there's pain in my kidney, like when you put tiny pebbles in a Tin and shake it; that kind of a sound. I can hear it, and feel it too, it hurts really bad. It's weird! I don't know what is wrong and I am really worried about this. Im only 16 year old, female and I dont think I can have kidney stones, as after researching a bit about them, It is clear that kidney stones in female occur in their 50's or minimum age, in their 40's. My father had 3 kidney stones a few years ago, so it concerns me whether I do too. It'll be really helpful if someone could tell me what's wrong

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2014, 01:12 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Severe pain in the lower back. I don't know what's wrong with me.

Have you had any scans of your internal organs? This does not sound like an issue originating in the spine.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #3
    Char024
    (female)

Char024 HB User

[QUOTE=teteri66;5257253]Have you had any scans of your internal organs? This does not sound like an issue originating in the spine.[/QUOTE]
    No I have not had any internal scans of my body or anything like that. Do you think this is a serious problem or just some regular day pain? Should I consult a doctor?

Last edited by Char024; 01-12-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:31 PM   #4
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi char, If you are having severe, recurrent pain that last for weeks & then returns again it could be your body telling you that something is wrong & people of any age could have kidney stones. I had them & one of my ureters, that carries urine from kidney to bladder, was cut in half by a sharp edge of kidney stone but thankfully the pain sent me to the hospital & i had it easily repaired surgically but if i had waited i might have lost it. I hope its nothing serious & the dr can find the cause of the pain & you get well soon.

Last edited by gmak; 01-12-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    back ache, kidney problems, kidney stones, muscle aches