It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Upper back pain?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #1
    pickolpants
    (female)

pickolpants HB User
    Upper back pain?

Seven days ago I was walking up a flight of stairs outdoors in about 10 degree weather and had what I believe to be an asthma attack. It definitely was more than just becoming out of breath. I had to sit for about ten minutes to be able to take full breaths again, but it felt like the bottom of my lungs had been strained and caused a lot of pain.

Over the weekend, I developed a fever and the pain greatly worsened and seemed to spread to my upper back. The fever has broken now, but the pain when drawing a deep breath and the severe back pain remains.

I am a smoker (I know, I'm really trying to quit, I promise) but nothing like this has ever happened before. Side note-I have tried sitting in a hot tub, a back rub, anti inflammatories, and stretching. They've felt nice, but haven't really eased the pain. In fact the back pain is greatly increased when I try to curl into a ball to stretch my back.

Anyone experienced something like this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
    Re: Upper back pain?

Hi,
    I think this is a RED FLAG for you to be checked up. When something hurts it means your body tells you something is wrong. Please don't go by our advices and just stay home without seeing a DR.
    We all have different health issues and different symptoms and one symptom may related to ten different health issues. So its time for you to be checked.
    Many healthy people have lung pain after en-hailing very cold air. This is why people with lung diseases not recommended to be outside when temperatures low. I cant leave home without covering my my mouth with warm scarf.
    You not only went outside but also walked fast on steps giving your lungs really heavy duty work out.
    You may have pneumonia which you dont know about or maybe something more serious.

Time to make an app with Pulmonoligist!!!
    Best of luck to you

Moldova

Closed Thread

Tags
    back pain, fever, lungs, smoker