It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

• Pain after SIJoint RFA

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
    Jfwag
    (female)

Jfwag HB User
    Pain after SIJoint RFA

I had my 3rd RFA two weeks ago for pain in right butt that projects down the front of the leg. Before I had it this time, the pain was intermediate but prevented me from walking more than 10 minutes before needing to sit down. After the RFA, the pain was still there and then 6 days after the ablation I felt a sudden tearing feeling in my butt and searing pain down my leg. It's been a week since then and I am still needing pain meds with little relief. Walking is very painful. It's like I have muscle spasms every half hour that lasts several minutes. In between the painful spasms it's just painful but less so. Dr will not do anything for at least a month after ablation. Ugh! Anyone ever had this result? The other two ablations were fine. I had pain relief for about 10 months. This time the pain is worse than before the ablation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2014, 08:15 PM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: Pain after SIJoint RFA

Welcome to the board. Is the pain along the front side of your thigh or where is it located?

Are you being treated by an orthopedic spine surgeon or a neurosurgeon whose practice is limited to back and neck problems? What type of doctor is doing the ablations?

Old 03-15-2014, 11:11 PM   #3
    Jfwag
    (female)

Jfwag HB User
    Re: Pain after SIJoint RFA

The doctor is a certified anesthesiologist with focus in Pain of spinal origin, neuropathic pain, and cancer pain. The pain is in my lower back, right buttock and then wraps around the front of my leg to my knee. The injection was for the SIjoint. In the past the injections have eliminated hip and leg pain but not the lower back pain. At least I could walk!

Closed Thread

Tags
    back pain, leg pain, rfa, sciatica