It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Back Problems Message Board

Advice need with switching groin pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-29-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Coollolly12
(female)

Coollolly12 HB User
Advice need with switching groin pain

I had a procedure done over two years ago called Dynesis. Where they had put flexible metal rods in my spine to stabilise the spine as the L5 had collapsed and was sitting on my nerve. January of this year had a screw removed from the S1 area as it was not fixed. I do believe it was very close to my nerve root hence random paralysis in right leg.

Since then I have been experiencing onset pain attacks underneath and also pain in right groin then pain in the left groin. My GP suspected that there may be some nerve compression going in. Went for a new MRI and shows no nerve compression however disc L5/ S1 is bulging again ?? I am at a loss of what to do as the symptoms that are I am experiencing is leg cramps cery severe at night especially in my right leg and pulsating annoyance down the right leg I have also noticed that there is soreness when pressed on both sides of legs where the nerve runs down the side of both legs is sore to touch like bruising. Radiating pain switches from one grown to the other. Very uncomfortable does anyone have any ideas what this problem is that I am experiencing???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #2
teteri66
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
Re: Advice need with switching groin pain

I cannot say if the following is true for you, but often when pain switches from leg to leg, it is due to instability. There is sufficient movement that that it allows for a spinal nerve to compress; then with movement, the pressure moves off the nerve.

It doesn't necessarily happen in a short time-frame. In my case I would have pain in left leg for around 4 months...then it would switch to right leg for months. At first the PT thought it was all in my head and I couldn't keep straight where my pain was. But it turned out there was a spondylolisthesis that allowed the L4 to slide over the top of L5, sometimes trapping a nerve. In my case, it trapped a nerve when I was weight bearing. When I sat down, the pain would go away.

Nerve compression does not always show on MRI. I know mine did not.
I suspect you have some instability that is causing nerve compression.

Good luck getting this resolved!

The Following User Says Thank You to teteri66 For This Useful Post:
Coollolly12 (09-30-2014)
Closed Thread

Tags
back and hip pain, back lower spine, back pain, failed spinal fusion, groin pain