It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

First Tattoo

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-12-2015, 08:50 AM   #1
Peanut0304
(female)

Peanut0304 HB User
First Tattoo

In less than a month I'm going to be turning 18 and want to get my first tattoo done. I'm a very tiny girl; about 5'3 and 100lbs. Meaning yeah I am very petite and have little to no body fat.

I've been considering getting a tattoo for years as a memorial for my Grandpa who passed away about 5 years ago. More recently (within the last 2) I've actually been looking into designs, placement, aftercare, etc. I'm just wondering if anyone has experience with tattoos and the overall experience. I think I've got about an average pain tolerance and wish to get it either on my shoulder/back or on my lower stomach near my hip.

Any information is greatly appreciated

Last edited by Administrator; 04-13-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2015, 02:06 PM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: First Tattoo

Hi. Im also the same height and weight. Ive gotten 4 tattoos done. To be honest, I dont think they hurt. But, the one which was the most uncomfortable was on my foot. They say it hurts worse where the bone is..

I have one on my shoulder, one on my ankle, one on my foot and one on my bicep. The other three didnt hurt at all...

Just follow the instructions for keeping it clean and do what the tattoo artist tells you to do and youll be fine.

Best of luck!
MSNik

Old 04-13-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
Peanut0304
(female)

Peanut0304 HB User

That's what I've heard too. But I either want it on my stomach or my shoulder.

I've heard it hurts on the bone but neither directly should hit one. My hip bones are rather prominent but it would be more to the inside and completely miss that. The cleaning and aftercare I'm not as worried about because I easily have a dozen friends with tattoos already.

Last edited by Administrator; 04-13-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Old 04-14-2015, 03:42 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

There is zero chance of hitting a bone. Tattoos do not go that deep....if you decide to do the tattoo on your hip- your safe. Just remember that when they are doing the area where you are "bony" it might hurt alittle more. I have the entire top of my foot tattoo'd. They did the whole thing on a bony area. They dont hit the bone, but it is done on top of the bone...

Tattoos only hurt while they are doing them, and as soon as they stop working in that area, its over. They wont hurt the next day, although some people do complain that it feels alittle like a sunburn- thats the skin healing....within a few days, it doesnt bother you at all.

The biggest concern you should have is that you get it done by a place with a good reputation- cleanliness is the most important thing. Make sure you actually SEE the tattoo artist take a NEW, STERILIZED needle out of the package in front of you. A good artist will show you as he/she is doing so. Make sure that the place where you are sitting has been sterilized. Remember, a spec of blood on the table where you are laying, can be transmitted to you. It will be an "open cut".

Best of luck! Remember this is forever! Make sure its what you want!

MSNik

Last edited by MSNik; 04-14-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Old 04-17-2015, 11:53 AM   #5
Peanut0304
(female)

Peanut0304 HB User

I'm well aware tattoos don't go to the bone -.- that would hurt insanely if they actually did. I meant it as due to my size my bones do stick out a lot more than an average person. I also knkw it only hurts during, that's just common sense. I'm asking during the procedure if anyone has an idea as to what it would feel like. The cleanliness is obviously a big thing. I don't understand why anyone would go into a sketchy back alley tattoo parlour anyway.

Old 09-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
angelaangela
(female)

angelaangela HB User

My first tattoo wasn't painfull at all, maybe because of the anticipation and excitement I can compare it to waxing pain..

Old 07-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #7
Isabellaqwe
(female)

Isabellaqwe HB User

Hey, I don't have tattoo experience, but I wish you, this memorable, little girl

Old 07-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #8
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hey there,

Good on you for doing your research! So many people just rush in and ink themselves and end up in a world of regret.

They really don't hurt too much. A bit like a cat scratch in some places. I find bones the least painful ( I have my back, forearm, right ankle, full left calf and neck done. My place that hurt the absolute worst was the soft spot down under the ankle, and up under the back of the knee (neither of which you are speaking about). For me the real ouchie parts are the softest parts of my body - bones kinda tickle LOL.

Keep in mind if you're doing your stomach - if you're planning to have children some day it may get ruined by stretching

All the best!
DW.

Reply Reply