It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

Most days I do not feel like using my makeup ...

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2015, 01:33 AM   #1
Nerys
(female)

Nerys HB User
Question Most days I do not feel like using my makeup ...

I have a lot of severe health issues and most days I do not feel like using my makeup. I sometimes wonder if other severely ill women also just skip the makeup. Even putting on some lip color I find I lack motivation to do so.
Last year I tried buying online some new items all pretty things so I did those for a while and then stopped...

The same story goes for shoes and as to my wardrobe since I only get out of the house for dr and hospital appointments I seldom buy clothes. What few clothes I buy I buy online.
I can not go to brick and mortar shops.

My heart failure/pulmonary hypertension , osteoarthritis etc I do not even do grocery shopping anymore which was the last thing I used to do after the other shops/shopping became impossible.

Looking into the mirror I look just grey and pale sort of ashen.
I know I should do some nice blush but I just lack the will for it.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-06-2016 at 12:57 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Nerys:
rufous57 (05-30-2015)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2015, 04:36 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Most days I do not feel like using my makeup...

Nerys,
I think that most women with chronic illnesses would agree with you. But, the bigger question is, are you depressed? or just lack the energy?

There are several types of tinted mositurizer, or even what are called BB creams, which can perk up your complexion. ITs kind of a no makeup look- easy enough to apply and doesnt really do much...but maybe getting rid of the "grey" look, will make you feel better? Also, are you getting any sun at all? Vitamin D is important to overall health...if you can sit outside your house, even for ten minutes a day facing the sun, you might see a difference.

Shoes, are something that you need to address with an orthopedic shoe person. There are tons of sandals and shoes made for people who have foot problems, which are actually really cute. I just bought my mom a pair of summer sandals which are orthopedic..she is wearing them everywhere because she says they make her feet actually feel good.

Dont let being housebound be a reason to not care about yourself... if you take care of yourself, you might find that you have more desire to get out.

Feel better.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:26 PM   #3
Adriana990
(female)

Adriana990 HB User

Ahah I understand what you can feel about makeup... sometimes I just wanna go to work without makeup but if I do, people think I am not feeling good or I am sick... but when I think of the lost time, I think it's really ridiculous

Old 09-11-2016, 04:11 AM   #4
angelaangela
(female)

angelaangela HB User

I don't like the feeling that heavy makeup leaves on my face... Like I am tired or something like that. But, as the girl before was saying, people will think that I am sick if I leave the house without it.

Old 06-13-2017, 04:27 AM   #5
sulaha
(female)

sulaha HB User

I totally understand. I feel like there isn't any use to anything extra on myself. It is too hard to go to stores. I am like you and mostly go to Dr.'s appointments. I have Oxygen 24-7 and it is also a pain to deal with. Yes, depression is a culprit of this, also. On Prozac, but it helps a little. I feel like such a bother to people for them to take me anywhere with all my extra baggage. Can't walk very far w/o chest pain and SOB, even w/ the Oxygen. Use wheelchair sometimes in the stores. There is no answer to this, I believe. We just have to come to conclusion that we will make the best of it, I guess.

Reply Reply