It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• everyone use exfoliators?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2015, 10:04 PM   #1
    Lonnie47021
    Inactive
    (female)

Lonnie47021 HB User
    everyone use exfoliators?

I have been using exfoliating scrub once in a week for about 2 months. It was fine for the first several times when I used it, but I feel that the scrub hurts my skin a little bit while I am rubbing it on my face.

Should I stop exfoliating my face? Or is it because of the product?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2015, 04:23 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: everyone use exfoliators?

It really does depend on the product. Exfoliating is important- but not every exfoliator is gritty. If the one you are using is gritty- and you are rubbing too hard, you can actually hurt your skin. It can make your pores larger- and it can leave scars.
    AHA/BHA are ingrediants which also exfoliate your skin and they are liquids. They are usually in toners- using them daily will help cell turnover and cleaning out your pores without damaging your skin. BUT these have acid bases and should be used along with a sunscreen moisturizing lotion- your skin will be more susceptible to burning- and if you are really sensitive, you may only be able to use it every other night until your skin gets used to it. If you try it and dont have a burn, or redness- its probably gentle enough for every day use.
    I love the ones made by Paulas Choice- they have an entire line of exfoliation products based on your skin type.
    hope this helps!

Old 08-23-2015, 03:07 PM   #3
    Kay778
    (female)

Kay778 HB User

Over exfoliating can actually cause the skin to get thinner and possibly cause breakouts. Too harsh.Try 2-3 days a week. Opt for a gentler exfoliator. My fav is the Oil of Olay line. Gentle microbeads also work great!!!!

Last edited by Administrator; 10-19-2015 at 08:09 PM.

Old 10-20-2015, 12:02 AM   #4
    Lonnie47021
    Inactive
    (female)

Lonnie47021 HB User

It could depends of both. Some skin type are more sensitive than other and some products are more efficient than other too. Plus, it could depends of the nomber of times you exfoliate every week. Twice a week or maybe three should be the maximum because if you exfoliate your skin when there is not dead skin is something useless and bad for your skin because you just irritate and dry it.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:07 PM   #5
    Adriana990
    (female)

Adriana990 HB User

I think you should use another exfoliator which gently exfoliate your skin like some cleansing oil.

Old 11-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Clinique makes one for daily use and it's really gentle.

Closed Thread