It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

Dry Cracking Skin on Knuckles

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Wonderboynyc
(male)

Wonderboynyc HB User
Dry Cracking Skin on Knuckles

Hello everyone,

I am suffering from dry, flaky skin that itches and burns. The problem is located on the fifth knuckle on my right hand. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can shed some light on a long term solution to this problem.
I have tried many hand creams over the years that offer temporarily relief but not a long term solution. The skin on this knuckle is a bit darker and dry. On occasion pieces tend to break off and i feel a burning sensation when i wash my hands. I am clueless as to the reason this is happening. I have a desk job and my hands aren't exposed to laborious outdoor work such as construction. Its a nuissance that keeps pestering on a daily basis. Hopefully, a long term solution to this problem exists.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
YaYagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

YaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB UserYaYagirl HB User
Re: Dry Cracking Skin on Knuckles

Dear Wonderboynyc,

Sorry I am so late on seeing this. I have never looked at this board.

Some people just have dry skin, but paper absorbs body oil, so that may be a culprit. Hand creams are mostly water based, and feels good at first but will dry the skin, plus if they contain oils that can make the surface greasy; few oils have small enough molecules to enter skin.

What works wonderfully for me is pure almond or jojoba oil. Both oils have a small enough molecule to enter the skin and even finger and toe nails, unlike most any other oil.

Less is more, so pour a little bit on one hand, and use fingers to smooth it on the skin and massage it in. It absorbs so well the skin feels smooth but not oily. I use it directly on my face and hands and nails. After a few weeks of using it on my fingernails the nail ridges even smoothed out.

Old 01-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #3
quincy
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Dry Cracking Skin on Knuckles

This is more than just dry skin....possibly it's psoriosis.

I suggest a visit to a dermatologist for proper treatment.

q

Reply Reply

« Fine lines at 16 | - »