It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Ways on fading freckles?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-06-2003, 11:11 PM   #1
    i dont know

i dont know HB User
    Red face Ways on fading freckles?

Hey Everybody, i have freckles mainly on my arms and face but they arent what u call dark, i was wanting to know if anyone knows of any ways to fade themeven more, cos i was told that they are pretty light so it would be easy to remove the pigments in the skin that cause freckles, has anyone tryed john plunketss superfade, does it work? Any info to do with fading freckles would be much appreciated, thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2003, 01:51 AM   #2
    apple
    (male)

apple HB User
    see my message thread entitled "Do you want perfect looking skin?" in this Beauty and Cosmetic subject.

Old 11-07-2003, 08:18 AM   #3
    MrsLee
    Veteran
    (female)

MrsLee HB User
    How could you want to get rid of your freckles? I think they are so cute, and I wish mine were darker!

But if you don't like them it's OK. I have never tried anything to fade them, but I do know that if I go outside in the sun or tanning they get darker. So using sunscreen when your tanning or in the sun helps. But that's all I really know about it. Too bad you can't just give 'em to me! Good Luck!

Old 11-09-2003, 10:34 AM   #4
    producttramp
    Veteran

producttramp HB User
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrsLee
    How could you want to get rid of your freckles? I think they are so cute, and I wish mine were darker!

But if you don't like them it's OK. I have never tried anything to fade them, but I do know that if I go outside in the sun or tanning they get darker. So using sunscreen when your tanning or in the sun helps. But that's all I really know about it. Too bad you can't just give 'em to me! Good Luck!
    Use sunscreen DAILY and try some of the newest lightening/brightening creams esp. those with l think its called kojic acid or licorice extract. Stay out of the sun, it makes them darker

Old 11-09-2003, 07:09 PM   #5
    merrymeadows

merrymeadows HB User
    I agree with MrsLee. Freckles are very beautiful and unique, I also wish mine were darker.

Old 11-10-2003, 09:30 AM   #6
    swf
    (female)

swf HB User
    I agree wholeheartedly as well. Freckles are so cute. Of course, one woman's misery is another's joy!

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 11-10-2003, 09:44 PM   #7
    lovely.lady
    Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User
    Smile

Freckles, how lovely! I loveee the ones on my shoulders.

Old 11-18-2003, 01:18 PM   #8
    nikkicute

nikkicute HB User
    Talking Get the fade freckles kit!!!

Maybe you should try the Godiva Natural Skin Care line. Look them up on the net. They have a freckles kit just for your problem. I think it incudes whitening soap and whitening lotion along with other products.The main ingredient to whiten is licorice extract and it is all natrual. Most importantly they are VERY CHEAP!!!!! So i hoped that helped a little. bye

Old 01-31-2004, 04:33 PM   #9
    Emster

Emster HB User
    Unhappy Re: Ways on fading freckles?

People think freckles are cute, and I agree they are when they are all in one area. Except for mine, which are in little areas around my face, so it makes my face look splotchy.

I would love to lighten them.

Old 02-03-2004, 10:56 PM   #10
    sharm

sharm HB User
    Re: Ways on fading freckles?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by apple
    see my message thread entitled "Do you want perfect looking skin?" in this Beauty and Cosmetic subject.
    Hi Apple,

Thank you for being willing to share your experience with flax seed oil with us - A lot of people wouldn't bother especially if they are reaping the kind of benefit you are from using it.

I'm from Malaysia and I've not found any shops selling flax seed oil - we only have the capsules. Do you think grape seed oil woul be equally good?

Old 02-06-2004, 11:11 AM   #11
    joche

joche HB User

I've tried tons of products to lighten my freckles and nothing has worked, except for a cream that I bought from Walwart over 2 years ago. This cream did lighten my freckles a lot, but I cannot find it in Walwart or anywhere else any more. Basically I think most of the topical products out there today do not really work for freckles.

Old 04-03-2004, 11:16 AM   #12
    brandon2606

brandon2606 HB User

I have really dark freckles on my shoulders, and i am embarrased to take my shirt off. I wish there was a way for me to get rid of them...please give me and answer at [email][email protected][/email]

thanks

Old 04-03-2004, 08:43 PM   #13
    rollin4stoner

rollin4stoner HB User

fine whoever likes them, they can take mine. I'd rather be unique in other ways than in looks. I just want to look good to myself. I have white skin and not only do I have light freckles, I have dots like they were to be my skin pores or hair folicles and I can't seem to find out whats wrong. Anyway I have been taking the flax deal for a few months now and I haven't seen any results yet but Im trusting the word of the provider of this information. I was also wandering how It is possible to remove the skin pigments that cause freckles.

Old 04-05-2004, 08:36 PM   #14
    Malificent

Malificent HB User

I am a redhead and I get a few freckles from time to time and I HATE them but there's not much I can do. I have a defective pigment, as do all redheads, in my skin. If you are a redhead, you'll have to try pretty hard. But do be careful with that fair skin me dear!

Old 04-17-2004, 12:12 PM   #15
    lauho68
    Inactive

lauho68 HB User

A friend of mine gave me a cream which has really been working for my freckles. It's called Floxia skin discoloration fade cream. Made in France. She got it over there. I don't know if you can find it in the US.

Closed Thread