It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Cost Cutters SUCKS... I need help w/ hair color brands...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-16-2003, 06:34 PM   #1
    Kitty215

Kitty215 HB User
    Cost Cutters SUCKS... I need help w/ hair color brands...

I am so mad!! This is the last time that I am going to a cheap salon to get ANYTHING done!!! I can do a better job coloring my hair then this woman did! I'm SO INCREDIBLY ****** OFF!

SO... I want my hair to be a nice medium blonde color... Highlights are too expensive for me to get done ($100 or more) and I'm not going to a cheap salon anymore... I'm just going to dye my hair myself.

Also, is there a way to soften up my roots (not necessarily change the color of them) to make my hair last longer between coloring?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User
    Re: Cost Cutters SUCKS... I need help w/ hair color brands...

I can relate. I can't tell you how many times I have been unhappy about my hair at cheap salons AND real expensive ones. I have yet to find a salon I like!! If I were you, I would go back. Tell them you are not happy and they will redo it for free and do not tip the girl either. They have a guarantee. Last time I got my hair highlighted it was not blond enough(like always, they always make it brassy) so I went back and she redid it and it was the way I liked. She was nice about it too. Sometimes the lights in salons are tricky....you look ok there and once you get home, it looks different. Do not ever get your hair cut at Great Clips either...they are a bunch of idiots. I went there twice, 2 different people and both of them made my hair uneven! Then I went back and made her fix it and she made it worse!!! I wanted to knock her block off. I can't use home kits....they make my hair orange when I am going for blond.

Old 12-17-2003, 05:31 AM   #3
    producttramp
    Veteran

producttramp HB User

AS a former hairdresser, yes, go back and explain your concerns. A lot of cheap salons take the people right out of schools that are still just learning. They are nervous, cuts are cheap because they will work for cheap for the large amount of clientele they can get. I am not knocking it, just knowing what you see is what you get. Ask for a senior stylist to cut your hair saying you had a recent bad experience.<P> Also, know that some people have underlying tones that cause hair to go brassy etc. because they are harder to break through to the light blond stage than others. Tell your hairdresser that in the beginning at the consultation that you tend toward brassiness. <P>There are a number of go blonde websites out there that are full of information (do a search and you will see) and can help you get the correct tools to do it yourself. If you are darker than a light to med. brown though, either go to a salon or learn how to double process or you will get to an orange-brass stage only. Double process is bleaching out the pigments, then toning with whatever blonde you choose. It can be tricky but read up, ask?'s, call the 800# on the products, etc. Hope this helps!

Old 12-17-2003, 11:20 AM   #4
    Kitty215

Kitty215 HB User

ALRIGHT.... so here's the deal... I did explain to her about brassiness, etc and how my hair works with it b/c I've dyed my hair alot in the past. Also, I had pictures showing what was too blonde for me and what wasn't blonde enough. I also had a picture of myself in the past with my hair highlighted exactly the way I wanted her to do it. I covered all my bases. And she STILL screwed it up. To beat all I had to explain to her how to correct the brassy, yellowish, waaaay too golden highlights (about that... I had about a half an inch of roots that she didn't color AND she might as well have just dyed my hair one color instead of foiling it b/c you could barely see highlights).

I would go back there to have someone fix it BUT the girl I went to was the only one that I would trust at the salon. Two women there obvisouly dye their hair blonde... One is bleached to hell and frizzy... the other is basically different shades of orange. Another lady (the manager on top of it) made a comment while I was getting the foils put in that, "well doesn't she put them (the foils) all in a nice row! I'd just slap them on there! Who cares if it saves time?"
    ***?! That's the LAST thing you'd want to say in your salon! So yea, I'm not going back there b/c they would make it worse. I' d be better with doing it myself.

I think I'm going to go to a reliable salon (expensive.. but reliable) and have them dye my hair back to it's natural color (don't worry, my hair is really really healthy. I take good care of it). Then in a week or so a friend of mine in cosmetology school now will put in the highlights I want. I don't know why I didn't go to her in the first place b/c I've seen how great she is at dying and cutting hair.

I'm so mad at myself!! Never trust a bad salon! Just spend the money to get it the way you like! Otherwise you'll end up spending more money after trying to fix what you hate! And then just wreck your hair.

Closed Thread