It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• the worst bikini line ever what to do!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-18-2004, 05:21 PM   #1
    beebsqtip

beebsqtip HB User
    the worst bikini line ever what to do!

I hate to talk about this online, but I am desperate for advise. I have a really bad bikini area. No only does it expand every time I shave or nair it gets even longer and every wear. I also made the mistake in the past when trying trimming in other areas. Which I am pretty sure everyone knows what I am talking about and that grew out to an extreme. Is there anything that can fix. This is so embarresing to talk about. I need some advise though. I hope nobody I know, knows my user name or this could be really embarresing. Sorry can't spell either.

Thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2004, 06:52 PM   #2
    preciouskitty
    (female)

preciouskitty HB User
    Re: the worst bikini line ever what to do!

[QUOTE=beebsqtip]I hate to talk about this online, but I am desperate for advise. I have a really bad bikini area. No only does it expand every time I shave or nair it gets even longer and every wear. I also made the mistake in the past when trying trimming in other areas. Which I am pretty sure everyone knows what I am talking about and that grew out to an extreme. Is there anything that can fix. This is so embarresing to talk about. I need some advise though. I hope nobody I know, knows my user name or this could be really embarresing. Sorry can't spell either.

[/SIZE]I have the same problem!! Its driving me crazy! I don't know what is causing it to spread, waxing or shaving? I have been waxing for about 3 yrs and shave a little in between, but I just started having this problem over a yr ago. I'm 23 and am married so this really sucks. I can't help but feel unatractive and it's really causing problems in my relationship. I try and hide it from my husband and its always on my mind. The waxing wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the ingrown hair. I don't think its hereditary cause like I said, it just started at 21. I think I'm doing something wrong!! So, beeb, I feel ya! I hope someone can help us. When did this start for you? I know its embarrasing. I'll never be able to wear a swimsuit again.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:01 PM   #3
    Girlie19
    Veteran

Girlie19 HB User

Haha, I have the same problem and I just recently started shaving. It's not too bad though. I'm not sure if it's true but I read somewhere that pubic hair can grow till your mid twenties so maybe that's what it is.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
    Saka
    Veteran

Saka HB User

I used to have a pretty bad bikini line until I started getting all my pubic hair waxed. It hurts a bit, especially the first few times, but it makes the hair grow back much slower and softer. I had tried shaving once but that was a bit mistake. Now I would not go back to how hairy I once was. The only problem is the upkeep. I have to wax every 4-5 weeks or so to keep it nice. But compared to what it was, I'm happy with that!

Old 01-21-2004, 02:54 PM   #5
    Meg28
    Veteran
    (female)

Meg28 HB User

Hi Sakorsha,

I would love to wax my bikini area (professionally) but I am mortified at the thought of it. Could you explain the process to me a bit? I have this awful image in my mind where my legs are up in stirrups spread eagle and strangers looking at me. I know this isn't the case but I'm still a bit nervous and shy.
    Thanks,
    Meg

Old 01-21-2004, 04:25 PM   #6
    FaerieStars

FaerieStars HB User

The hair growth is probably not from hair removal. It's just a natural growth that you may be noticing more because of the hair removal. Hair starts out fine and as it grows it becomes thicker. They do make hair growth inhibitors. I heard about them being used with brazilian waxes. You might want to do an online search for them, or ask when you get waxed professionally.
    Oh, and has anyone actually gotten a brazilian wax? I'd like one but I am absolutely terrified!

Old 01-22-2004, 07:02 PM   #7
    preciouskitty
    (female)

preciouskitty HB User

Waxing is great...keeps the area smooth for a couple of weeks but for some it causes ingrown hair. I've tried everything(tendskin, bikini zone, tea tree, exfoliate) to get wrid of them but nothing has worked yet...urgh! The ingrowns cause ugly purple scarring too! If anyone has any last resort tips for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!!

Old 01-25-2004, 12:14 PM   #8
    preciouskitty
    (female)

preciouskitty HB User

BUMP!

Old 01-29-2004, 08:51 PM   #9
    preciouskitty
    (female)

preciouskitty HB User

Bump...one last time and I'll give it up!!

Closed Thread