It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Concealer for Dark, Dark Circles???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2004, 04:35 PM   #1
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User
    Question Concealer for Dark, Dark Circles???

Does anyone know of a very good concealer that would dark circles? I've tried so many brands over the years, but most of them cake up and then the darkness comes back. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

Hysterectomy: April, 1996
    Thyroidectomy: Jan, 2002
    Oophorectomy: April, 2008
    Cholecystectomy: Aug, 2009

Last edited by Pagegurl; 02-09-2004 at 04:39 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 05:14 PM   #2
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User
    Re: Concealer for Dark, Dark Circles???

What's causing them? If it's allergies, the concealer might be making them worse.

Old 02-09-2004, 08:36 PM   #3
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crossbow
    What's causing them? If it's allergies, the concealer might be making them worse.

To be honest, I'm really not sure. I drink about 2/3 gallon of water every day, so it's not a lack of water. I've had dark circles for years, and I'm beginning to wonder if it has anything to do with the heavy menstrual cycles I use to have. Also, I suffer with thyroid trouble and there have been times when I've thought that may be my problem. I don't suffer with allergies, so that rules that out. I'm really at a loss.

Thanks for responding though.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:25 AM   #4
    FaerieStars

FaerieStars HB User

If they're bluish then they're veins, and you can't do anything to make them go away. It's just thin, pale skin with veins showing through. That's the kind that I have. Some people say yellow concealer. I find it makes it worse, since the veins are blue, and the yellow just stands out, with the blue showing through. I heard some good things on another beauty site about cinema secrets makeup. It's a FULL coverage thing made for professionals that's supposed to be able to cover tattoos. You can get it from their site, and other sites, but you HAVE to get a really good match since it's so pigmented. I think they have a store in california, and certain beauty salons might have it, but I have no clue which ones.

Old 02-10-2004, 06:30 AM   #5
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FaerieStars
    If they're bluish then they're veins, and you can't do anything to make them go away. It's just thin, pale skin with veins showing through. That's the kind that I have. Some people say yellow concealer. I find it makes it worse, since the veins are blue, and the yellow just stands out, with the blue showing through. I heard some good things on another beauty site about cinema secrets makeup. It's a FULL coverage thing made for professionals that's supposed to be able to cover tattoos. You can get it from their site, and other sites, but you HAVE to get a really good match since it's so pigmented. I think they have a store in california, and certain beauty salons might have it, but I have no clue which ones.

Mine are actually a dark purple. Do you think things like low white and red blood counts could be contributing to the problem?

Old 02-10-2004, 07:46 AM   #6
    Blue-eyedBelle
    Senior Veteran

Blue-eyedBelle HB User

I know a lot of people who have had dark bluish/purple circles fade after using Aromaleigh's Free Radical Skin Quenching serum. In the meantime, a yellow color corrector would counteract the blue/purple - but it takes some skill to get it to look natural.

Old 02-10-2004, 03:14 PM   #7
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue-eyedBelle
    I know a lot of people who have had dark bluish/purple circles fade after using Aromaleigh's Free Radical Skin Quenching serum. In the meantime, a yellow color corrector would counteract the blue/purple - but it takes some skill to get it to look natural.

Thanks so much! I'll pick up some asap and start using it.

Old 02-10-2004, 03:33 PM   #8
    Terri_281331836

Terri_281331836 HB User

Hi! I don't know what causes it for you, but for me it was thin skin I inherited from my mother. The stuff I use (its the best!) is Clinique brand, either 'airbrush' or 'city' (I think that's what they're called) The one I got was in a small green case and was a creme compact. Expensive, but so worth it. If you ask at the Clinique counter and tell them what it's for, they'll point you right to it.

Terri

Old 02-10-2004, 03:43 PM   #9
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Terri_281331836
    Hi! I don't know what causes it for you, but for me it was thin skin I inherited from my mother. The stuff I use (its the best!) is Clinique brand, either 'airbrush' or 'city' (I think that's what they're called) The one I got was in a small green case and was a creme compact. Expensive, but so worth it. If you ask at the Clinique counter and tell them what it's for, they'll point you right to it.

Terri

Thanks so much Terry. I'm planning on shopping tomorrow, so I'll pick some of that up.

Old 02-10-2004, 04:31 PM   #10
    snwflkcty
    (female)

snwflkcty HB User

It could be hereditary. I have dark circles and pretty much everyone in my family has them too. I just use covergirl invisible concealer in a shade lighter than my own skin. Then I cover it with a little loose powder. It works pretty well for me.

Old 02-10-2004, 04:40 PM   #11
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snwflkcty
    It could be hereditary. I have dark circles and pretty much everyone in my family has them too. I just use covergirl invisible concealer in a shade lighter than my own skin. Then I cover it with a little loose powder. It works pretty well for me.

Does the powder not looked caked on on top of the concealer? With me, after a couple of hours, it starts bunching up under my eyes. My Mom had dark circles, but the rest of the women in the family were okay. Mine probably is hereditary.

Old 02-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #12
    snwflkcty
    (female)

snwflkcty HB User

No, it doesn't look cakey at all. That issue might depend on the brand of makeup you use or how much you apply.

Old 02-11-2004, 03:02 PM   #13
    Pagegurl
    (female)

Pagegurl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by snwflkcty
    No, it doesn't look cakey at all. That issue might depend on the brand of makeup you use or how much you apply.

Thank you very much.

Old 02-11-2004, 08:24 PM   #14
    Crossbow
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Crossbow HB User

I had purple circles under my eyes through most of college. Concealer just made it look worse, so I just used some frost eye shadow that was lighter than my skin and just put a tiny bit under my eyes. Worked really well. It took me a while to learn to use just a little bit, though.

Old 02-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #15
    psabrina28

psabrina28 HB User

Well, I have dark circles and I cover them up with Clinique Quick Corrector (concealer), then I use Clinique Superbalanced Make-up (foundation), recently I have been using Cover Girl Aqua-smooth make-up because looks more natural and the price is great...then I finish off with Clinique Blended (loose) face powder (translucent)...my dark circles don't show all day...

Closed Thread