It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Has anyone trie Dr. Denese skincare?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-10-2004, 08:28 AM   #1
    Kayley
    Veteran
    (female)

Kayley HB User
    Has anyone trie Dr. Denese skincare?

Has anyone tried Dr. Denese's skincare line? I just ordered a four piece kit from QVC. Thanks!
    Kayley

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2004, 02:18 PM   #2
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User
    Re: Has anyone trie Dr. Denese skincare?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kayley
    Has anyone tried Dr. Denese's skincare line? I just ordered a four piece kit from QVC. Thanks!
    Kayley
    Kayley,

I just received the Todays Special Value from QVC on Dr. Denese's skincare.
    Will see and let you know. Let me know what you think of yours. What exactly did you order?

Old 03-10-2004, 05:29 PM   #3
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

I love QVC but never used her line but I do use and LOVE another QVC sold item called Philosophy skincare and I can't say enough about it!

Old 03-10-2004, 05:33 PM   #4
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abbey32
    I love QVC but never used her line but I do use and LOVE another QVC sold item called Philosophy skincare and I can't say enough about it!
    I'm a big QVC fan too. Never used Philosophy products. See it all the time am hoping Dr. Denese's products work......

Old 03-10-2004, 05:38 PM   #5
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bobby1111
    I'm a big QVC fan too. Never used Philosophy products. See it all the time am hoping Dr. Denese's products work......

What exactly are your skin problems? Mine were little lines under my eyes mostly. I am 32. The eye cream I use helped it a lot. It is great that QVC has a 30 day money back guarentee too. Love that. So, if you hate it, return it. I got a few things I hated from them and sent back as far as skin care...Le Mirador and Clientel and Guatinue(spelling?) were awful for me.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:46 PM   #6
    Kayley
    Veteran
    (female)

Kayley HB User
    Smile Re: Has anyone trie Dr. Denese skincare?

Thanks for the repies! I didn't order the TSV. I ordered the 4 piece kit from Dr. Denese, that includes the cleanser, toner, daycream and nightcream. I tried philosophy and it just wasn't enough moisture for me. I have very dry skin, probably due to my medications. I have also tried other lines like Principal Secret (it is ok) and LeMirador(didn't like). I love the camillia oil. I tried it after reading the thread about it, but I don't like to use it in the daytime because I tend to sweat alot and it's too heavy so I use it at night. I'll let you all know how I like Dr. Denese's line.

Old 03-10-2004, 07:57 PM   #7
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User

Quote:
    What exactly are your skin problems? Mine were little lines under my eyes mostly. I am 32. The eye cream I use helped it a lot. It is great that QVC has a 30 day money back guarentee too. Love that. So, if you hate it, return it. I got a few things I hated from them and sent back as far as skin care...Le Mirador and Clientel and Guatinue(spelling?) were awful for me.
    Let's see - lines by my eyes, just an overall wrinkle reducer for the face. What eye cream are you using? Is is by Dr. Denese?

Old 03-10-2004, 07:58 PM   #8
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User

Quote:
    What was wrong with Clientele?

Old 03-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #9
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

I am using the Philosophy eye and lip cream. It has really helped me with the fine lines under my eyes and helps my makeup not settle into the lines. I love their microdermabrasion set....greatest love and great mystery. Awesome stuff.

I didn't like Clientele because it seemed to dry out my skin even more. I hated the smell too. Have you tried it?

I used to think about buying Principle secret...so what did and didn't you like about it?

It's so funny how some products work for people and some don't. I used to always use Noxema but then I got older and needed something more. I am going to stay out of the sun too...I know that damaged my skin and I am so glad Philosophy worked for me to correct my damaged areas.

Another thing that has worked for me tremendously is a facial sauna. I use it about a few times a week a few minutes which opens your pores and then I use my microdermabrasion scrub.

Old 03-10-2004, 10:56 PM   #10
    Kayley
    Veteran
    (female)

Kayley HB User

I like Principal Secret eye conditioner and also the Philosophy eye cream is good, even though the face moisturizer was not enough moisture for me. The kit by Dr. Denese didn't come with eye cream and since I have alot left, it didn't matter. I tried Clientele too and it was good(for me anyway). I think it's good to switch around. I haven't found one line that I like enough to stick with for a long time. Maybe Dr. Denese will be the one above the rest

Old 03-11-2004, 04:14 AM   #11
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kayley
    I like Principal Secret eye conditioner and also the Philosophy eye cream is good, even though the face moisturizer was not enough moisture for me. The kit by Dr. Denese didn't come with eye cream and since I have alot left, it didn't matter. I tried Clientele too and it was good(for me anyway). I think it's good to switch around. I haven't found one line that I like enough to stick with for a long time. Maybe Dr. Denese will be the one above the rest
    Now I have to order the Philosophy eye cream - Will let you know about Dr. Denese.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:01 PM   #12
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

You'll get a better deal if you order the eye cream in a kit. The eye cream alone is like $35 and there is a kit you can get for not much more than that that has the eye cream, moisterizer, cleanser, vitamin C powder....lots of other kits too.

If the Philosophy moisterizer wasn't enough, did you try the for dry skin one? I get the regular because for me the dry skin one was too much.

I love their cleanser too...it gets my makeup off great including the eye makeup without tugging.

Old 03-11-2004, 02:55 PM   #13
    Kayley
    Veteran
    (female)

Kayley HB User

No, I haven't tried the one for dry skin. It would probably work better for me. And I do love their cleanser because it's gentle, and as you said, takes off eye makeup. That is a good idea. I will have to try that soon! Thanks!
    Kayley

Old 03-11-2004, 04:33 PM   #14
    lindao1
    Veteran
    (female)

lindao1 HB User

Hi Ladies,

Oh my goodness, do I love Dr. Denese's skin care line!!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes!!

I've only been using it for about a week now and yesterday my husband said I look like I've had a face lift! Believe that?? I was so tickled when he said that, totally out of the blue. I didn't ask him anything about my skin. And this is only a week of using her products!

I guess I should let you know that I'm 50 years old (will be 51 in two weeks - ha!) with lots of deep wrinkles from baking myself in the sun during my stupidity of youth. I also suffer from very dry skin and age spots. I was in the process of searching for a local dermatologist when I discovered Dr. Denese's products. I have tried Le Mirador, Clientel, Serious Skin and Neutrogena products. Up til now, the Neurogena Products did the best for me (cheapest too). But since Dr. Denese is a dermatologist with her own practice in the Upper East side of Manhattan, I said what the heck, I'll try it. And I'm soooo glad I did. My wrinkles have already diminished, my age spots have already faded some and for the first time in my life, my skin feels supple!! And of course, my husband's compliment really put the icing on the cake!

I know everyone responds differently but for me these products are a miracle. They are a bit pricey if you don't get a kit, but I started off with two kits: the Discovery kit and the "Exfoliate, Rejuvenate, Illuminate kit. It took me a while to figure out when to use what, but once I did, I can now go thru my skin care regimen in no time.

Anyway, this has done wonders for my skin and I only hope that it will do the same for you ladies who have ordered it. Give it a try and maybe you will be as impressed as I am over these products. Best wishes, Linda

Old 03-11-2004, 05:56 PM   #15
    Bobby1111

Bobby1111 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lindao1
    Hi Ladies,

Oh my goodness, do I love Dr. Denese's skin care line!!!!! Yes, Yes, Yes!!

I've only been using it for about a week now and yesterday my husband said I look like I've had a face lift! Believe that?? I was so tickled when he said that, totally out of the blue. I didn't ask him anything about my skin. And this is only a week of using her products!

I guess I should let you know that I'm 50 years old (will be 51 in two weeks - ha!) with lots of deep wrinkles from baking myself in the sun during my stupidity of youth. I also suffer from very dry skin and age spots. I was in the process of searching for a local dermatologist when I discovered Dr. Denese's products. I have tried Le Mirador, Clientel, Serious Skin and Neutrogena products. Up til now, the Neurogena Products did the best for me (cheapest too). But since Dr. Denese is a dermatologist with her own practice in the Upper East side of Manhattan, I said what the heck, I'll try it. And I'm soooo glad I did. My wrinkles have already diminished, my age spots have already faded some and for the first time in my life, my skin feels supple!! And of course, my husband's compliment really put the icing on the cake!

I know everyone responds differently but for me these products are a miracle. They are a bit pricey if you don't get a kit, but I started off with two kits: the Discovery kit and the "Exfoliate, Rejuvenate, Illuminate kit. It took me a while to figure out when to use what, but once I did, I can now go thru my skin care regimen in no time.

Anyway, this has done wonders for my skin and I only hope that it will do the same for you ladies who have ordered it. Give it a try and maybe you will be as impressed as I am over these products. Best wishes, Linda
    Linda,

I just received the Exfoliate, Rejuvenate, Illuminate kit from QVC. Today is my third day of using it. Too early to tell. Which kit do you like better. does the Discovery kit come with an eye cream? The microdermobrasion scrub is wonderful. Let me know which you like better.

Closed Thread