It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Shaving bikini line...weird stuff happened

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2004, 09:16 AM   #1
    Ruderico

Ruderico HB User
    Shaving bikini line...weird stuff happened

Hi

I used to shave my bikini line with a razor and only the places that otherwise "fall" out of your panties. But then I found out that I have an awfull lot of hair on my lambia (even on the inside of them!) so I started shaving them too. Soon after that I got little bumps on them that would last for weeks and they hurted like hell. Now I remove my "bushes" with a cream, but can this also create these bumps when its on my skin too long. The problem is that some of these bumps have created some sort of permanent bump beneath my skin that has a real hard time to heal... Does anybody have the same problem and have a solution?

BTW: I haven't had sex yet, so it can't be a sexual desease.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
    buttonnose

buttonnose HB User
    Re: Shaving bikini line...weird stuff happened

It sounds like you have ingrown hairs. Try using a product like tendskin or exfoliate the area. I posted a homemade tendskin recipe a few min ago. You could try that. I use to have this problem too but now i apply tendskin after I shave and once a day afterwards with no problems.

Old 04-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #3
    FaerieStars

FaerieStars HB User

I shave everything, and i got this nasty ingrown hair once. It grew pretty long under my skin, as it was growing straight across under my skin like a tunnel. I had to cut open my skin to get it out. It took forever to heal. I think it's just one of those places that takes a while to heal.

Old 04-03-2004, 08:14 PM   #4
    Hamer

Hamer HB User

Yes, it does sound like an ingrown hair. PLEASE do not try to take care of it yourself or cut yourself- you could get an infection. Visit your gyno and he/she can give you an ointment to put on it that works wonders. I had an ingrown hair for about a month before I visited the gyno and within a week it was practically gone.

To help prevent these, don't shave against the grain if that makes any sense. Try to shave in a downwards motion rather than upwards.

Old 04-04-2004, 08:27 AM   #5
    FaerieStars

FaerieStars HB User

I was given that same advice- to shave with the grain. But it doesn't work. It doesn't shave the hair smoothly and leaves stubble, which is worse than having longer hair there. The ingrown hair I got wasn't from shaving, it was from plucking it out with a tweezer. I wanted to see how long it would take to grow back as a test for waxing. Any time you try to get rid of hair on your body there are going to be problems. The hair is SUPPOSED to be there. Nature wants it there. We just don't.

Old 04-05-2004, 05:20 AM   #6
    Ruderico

Ruderico HB User

Thanks for your information! But do I really have to go to the gyno? Because my GP has to give me a note to go there and I will have to tell and show him first what is wrong, and I've been there a couple of times before with such rather embarrasing complaints.... I really don't want to go through this again. Second, my father works in the same local hospital (some know me) and I'm afraid people think I'm pregnant and start rumours when I go to the gyno. Don't these bumps just dissapear after a while? I used to have a lot more than I do now since I use a cream to take away the hairs. But this one spot has been there for ages...

Old 04-05-2004, 05:23 AM   #7
    Ruderico

Ruderico HB User

BTW: Buttonnose, what kind of product is "tendskin"? Is it a hair remover or something to prevent ingrowns after shaving?

Old 04-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #8
    buttonnose

buttonnose HB User

Tendskin doesn't remove hair. It just prevents ingrown hairs, bumps, rashes, etc. It works well if you want to shave against the grain too and it will also help get rid of current ingrown hairs. It's kinda pricey at the beauty supply stores but not too much on ebay. The homemade recipe is much cheaper but I'm not sure it works.

Old 04-05-2004, 11:01 PM   #9
    starr21
    (female)

starr21 HB User

I had the whole ingrown hair problem down there, then i used this cream that i got in a microwave wax kit. It was the best stuff i ever used, not one ingrown hair. I think they sell it at drug stores and it's called bikini zone? I could be wrong on the name but look around. Sorry i wish i knew the name but it was a plain old tube of cream.

Closed Thread