It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Spider Veins

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2004, 08:28 AM   #1
    Boogieslady

Boogieslady HB User
    Unhappy Spider Veins

Hello everyone! I am not a happy camper. Of course as you know it's bikini season. Time to whip out the shorts and skirts and show 'em what you got! Hard to do when you have spider veins. I have in the just the past two years started getting spider veins and I can't stand it. To be honest I don't want to do the surgical thing but I was wonder if someone out there knew of any other solutions. I've heard about Vita K and was wondering if anyone else had and if so what were the results. Any other suggestions ladies? Thanx for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 11:00 AM   #2
    crysci
    (female)

crysci HB User
    Re: Spider Veins

You should seek a dermatologist or plastic surgeon to get sclerotherapy.
    Sclerotherapy is a non-surgical procedure that eliminates spider veins by injecting a sclerosant that permanently removes the veins.

Old 05-25-2004, 11:16 AM   #3
    LoveKitten

LoveKitten HB User

I don't know how to get rid of them .... but I too would sure like to know. But maybe if you tan, or use a self tanner, it might dimish the appearance. I personally am pretty white, and am trying to find a good tanner cuz I don't like to lay out in the sun, and when I am not tan, those stinkin' lines are so visible. Just a thought ....

Old 06-28-2004, 10:58 AM   #4
    tacota

tacota HB User
    Thumbs down Re: Spider Veins

Don't waste your money on Vita K. I used it....and it doesn't do a DARN thing. ALSO, I had a spider vein that was starting lasered TWICE with promises that it would finish going away...and that tiny spider vein is now creeping...it's the size of a quarter now.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:24 PM   #5
    rita
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rita HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boogieslady
    Hello everyone! I am not a happy camper. Of course as you know it's bikini season. Time to whip out the shorts and skirts and show 'em what you got! Hard to do when you have spider veins. I have in the just the past two years started getting spider veins and I can't stand it. To be honest I don't want to do the surgical thing but I was wonder if someone out there knew of any other solutions. I've heard about Vita K and was wondering if anyone else had and if so what were the results. Any other suggestions ladies? Thanx for listening!
    Don't bother with creams, lotion and potions. Nothing applied topically will do a thing for spider veins. What does get rid of them is sclerotherapy, especially foam sclerotherapy. It will permanently get rid of spider veins (and their "feeder" veins) but there is no guarantee that you will not get new spider veins. Also, lasers are not very effective in treating spider veins.

Last edited by rita; 06-28-2004 at 06:25 PM.

Old 07-19-2004, 06:46 AM   #6
    aaron7

aaron7 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rita
    Don't bother with creams, lotion and potions. Nothing applied topically will do a thing for spider veins. What does get rid of them is sclerotherapy, especially foam sclerotherapy. It will permanently get rid of spider veins (and their "feeder" veins) but there is no guarantee that you will not get new spider veins. Also, lasers are not very effective in treating spider veins.
    Ok...i'm retarded and bored...but i was just thinking...and if you were black...you wouldn't be having this problem i guess...wierd...and you also wouldn't get sunburned...

Old 07-19-2004, 08:16 AM   #7
    Valerie01

Valerie01 HB User

Hi, I have the same problem and I hate it myself (who wouldn't?) I don't really have that many but the few I have bother me and they only get more and more, so last week I went and got a consultation...
    It would cost me $1899 for 3 sessions of sclerotherapy & laser...
    Cremes etc do not work, or at least have not worked for me, in my opinion their just a waist of $$
    Well, I hope this helps give you an idea of what you are looking into...

Keep us updated

Closed Thread