It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• BLEACHING CREAM SITUATION -bad- HELP!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2002, 05:32 PM   #1
    babydoll2_0_0_3

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
    Unhappy BLEACHING CREAM SITUATION -bad- HELP!!!

OK I HAVE A BIG PROBLEM MAYBE SOMEONE CAN HELP ME

OK HERE GOES NOTHING
    OK IM AN AFRO-AMERICAN FEMALE IM 17 y/o
    I've been useing bleaching for about 3 years now
    i stop useing it in January , because i notice when i applied the cream to the area where a dark spot was left from a pimple it made it the spot DARKER, since that happened i haven;t been useing bleaching creams for over 8 months and
    now new brown spots or marks have formed(cause by pimples) and i want to get rid of them, but i dont know what to do.

IM PLANNING TO GO TO A DERMATOLOGIIST TO SEEK HELP!! DO U BELIEVE THERE IS ANY HOPE FOR ME. I DONT HAVE INSURANCE I KNOW ITS GOING TO Cost ME
    $100- TO SEE THE DERMATOLOGIST
    $_I HAVE NO CLUE$_ - PRESCRIPTION

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2002, 11:13 PM   #2
    bluetonic

You probably have what is called melasma. You need to chk with the dermatologist and have him/her take a look at it.

Old 08-10-2002, 01:15 PM   #3
    babydoll2_0_0_3

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
    i dont have melasma....trust
    well thanks
    ill being see her sometime nextweek b4 school starts.

Old 08-13-2002, 09:23 PM   #4
    babydoll2_0_0_3

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
    someone....anyone...??

Old 08-13-2002, 10:08 PM   #5
    bluetonic

Try Alpha Hydrox Fading cream then.

Old 08-14-2002, 07:21 AM   #6
    xKaShyLahx
    Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
    Arrow

Hi babydoll2_0_0_3
    im not really sure what the problem is but i'd say its the bleaching cream which has done more harm than good over the years, so please DONT use anymore. Could u go into a little more detail of your skin tone, b/c i maybe able to give u further help...are you lite skin with dark patches or dark/choco colour with patches darker than your face? if so, i doubt a derm will be able to much about it b/c you've been using the cream 4 so long theres a possibility you might have damaged your skin permentely..only time will tell and hopefully bring your skin back to its normal colour, going to a derm for help might be a wasted journey..SORRY!.hope i've help xx

take care

------------------
    ~*BaBi FaCe*~

~*Troublesome #3*~

Old 08-14-2002, 09:59 AM   #7
    babydoll2_0_0_3

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
    i know for a fact the that the bleaching cream has done more harm than good.It took me awhile to actually figure that one,because when i started useing it was wonderful,because whenever i would have a pimple and i squeeze and it heals it left a light brown spot or mark ,so i would apply the cream to the mark and magic the light brown spot pratically disapeared.
    OK WELL MY COMPLEXION IS UMM...LIKE BROWN kinda light i dont know.its brown i guess. whenever i would get a pimple and i end up squeezing it, it would always leave a mark. so i would use the cream and majic the spot disapear. ok well in later december 2001 i got a pimple on my face so i squeeze and made it heal and applied the cream like always thinking the spot will lighten or disspear like it always did, but i notice the spot didn't dispear or fade away it turned RED and my skin is all ready light and clear so it look like bright red patches(i applied the cream to the four spots on my face). and since the red spot occured i STOPED USEING THE BLEACHING CREAM COMPLETELY AND SINCE JANUARY 2002 - THROUGH AUGUST2002 I HAVEN'T APPLIED BLEACHING CREAMS TO MY SKIN AND MY SKIN GRADULLY TURNED BACK TO NORMAL AND THE SPOTS OR MARKS HAVE FADED AWAY WITH THE HELP OF NATURE.
    OK BUT THE PROBLEM IS
    NEW MARKS OR SPOTS HAVE FORMED, BECAUSE WHENEVER I WOULD GET A PIMPLE AND SQUEEZE IT, IT WOULD ALWAYS LEAVE A MARK. AND NOW I WANT TO GET RID OF THEM BUT I DONT KNOW HOW OR WHAT TO USE

Old 08-14-2002, 11:28 AM   #8
    xKaShyLahx
    Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
    Smile

You should never squeeze a pimple. I know its tempting but DONT its guranteed to leave a mark behind and it takes much longer heal. Well if your complexion is like mine? light brown like beyonce knowles/nelly kinda brown..the brown marks will kinda show up a little but you can solve that, dont put any and i many bleaching creams on it, b/c ur skin doesnt no longer adapt to the use of it and is only doing more harm, let time make them fade way it may take a matter of weeks sometimes months, but its worth the wait rather than screwing your face up, and for the time being apply make up to the troubled areas, to avoid getting more pimples make sure you use make up that is 'oil and fragrance free' by putting make up on you can fool anyone and you'll feel more comfortable!! GOOD LUCK! hope i help..lemme know if you need anymore help!!

Kashy

------------------
    ~*BaBi FaCe*~

~*Troublesome #3*~

Old 08-14-2002, 11:38 AM   #9
    babydoll2_0_0_3

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
    THANKS KASHY!!!
    ok what about the new marks on my face..there really starting to get annoying there's about 5 of them and everywhere else on my face is clear. AND SINCE MY FACE HAS ADAPTED TO THE CHEMICAL HYDROQUINONE...ummm..is it possible i can use something else that doesn't have hydroquinone in it..i know whats a dumb question to ask,because i should know better.

so do u think its still a good idea to go to the dermatologist or just forget about it?

Old 08-14-2002, 11:41 AM   #10
    babydoll2_0_0_3

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
    so did u experience the same problem with the bleaching cream?

i sorrry if im asking too much questions..ok

Old 08-14-2002, 12:10 PM   #11
    xKaShyLahx
    Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
    Smile

hey its ok about the questions im always happy to help. Well been as you know what the problem is its best not to see a derm, like i said its a waste and its pricey!! but its up to you..

I really dont think you should take the risk, not knowing what might happen this time have you ever heard the sayin 'once biten twice shy'? well just remember that, try putting a little conceller or powder on the marks i promise you as long as its oil free etc..you wont have any problems breaking out..dont buy another bleaching agent as they no good for your skin and some of them dont work and some just leave your skin with dark patches, where im from (england)hydroquinone is banned if you red the previous post you would i known about it. It can permentely damage your skin, basically its a bad product so you were lucky (hopefully)it didnt do to much damage..ive never really had a problem with bleach creams i only used it once or twice for a lil dark patch on my skin to even it out,but it usually fails to bleach the right area and bleaches the light part of my skin too, plus i heard bad things about them thats why i stopped using it but i dont need it anyway..GOOD LUCK..IM HERE IF YOU NEED ME!

Kashy

------------------
    ~*BaBi FaCe*~

~*Troublesome #3*~

Old 08-14-2002, 12:59 PM   #12
    babydoll2_0_0_3

babydoll2_0_0_3 HB User
    YEA I ALSO HEARD IT WAS BANNED IN SOUTH AFRICA, BUT PEOPLE STILL FIND AWAY TO SMUGGLE IT TO AFRICA. AND WHEN I WAS DOING RESEARCH ON WHAT THE THE CHEMICAL DOES TO YOUR SKIN. I WAS SO SHOCKED. IT DISFIGURE UR SKIN AND EVERYTHING. I GUESS SINCE I USEED IT OFF ON ON. I DONT HAVE A SEVERE CASE OF disfigurement. THANK GOD!!!. I KNOW I SHOULD OF LISTEN TO MY MOM WHEN SHE TOLD ME NOT TO USE IT, BUT IM SO STUBBORN........

SO, WHAT DO U USE ON UR FACE NOW. WHAT ABOUT THE LIL MARKS LEFT U WOULD GET FROM A PIMPLE? DO U JUST LET NATURE DO ITS JOB?

KASHY THANKS ALOT....THIS CONVERSATION MEANT SO MUCH TO ME...THANK U

Old 08-14-2002, 02:28 PM   #13
    xKaShyLahx
    Veteran

xKaShyLahx HB User
    Cool

HEY your very welcome, i only hope you've learnt from your mistakes and listen to what people say!

ask for the annoying brown marks i get after a pimple i usually just leave them and let them fade with time. Depending on the size of the mark it usually takes weeks for the mark to go, but its worth it rather the screwing up my face..know what im saying?..anyways if you need any advice/help with anything im here for you!!

Kashy

------------------
    ~*BaBi FaCe*~

~*Troublesome #3*~

Closed Thread