It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Does Retin A, Differin or similar products work for fine lines?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-20-2003, 08:52 PM   #1
    Glitterygrl

Glitterygrl HB User
    Question Does Retin A, Differin or similar products work for fine lines?

I've been using most retinoids over the course of 5 years but haven't stuck to a strict regimen of them mainly because I hated to not wear makeup, you peel somewhat which makes wearing concealer or foundation unsightly. So what I am wondering, is it 'worth' it to stick to a regimen with a retinoid(such as Differin, Retin A etc...)? I would gladly give up wearing foundation and concealer if I knew for sure the outcome was worth it.
    So please if anyone here has used Retinoids with any success reducing fine lines/wrinkles.
    PS--though Differin is not marketed as a wrinkle reducer has anyone found it to reduce lines or wrinkles?
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2003, 09:15 AM   #2
    libby

libby HB User
    I used Retin A for a while....really irritated my face. Someone told me to dilute it with water. But, instead I changed products to Cellex-C, and I love it. It takes a bit of time to work...as does Retin A, but I like it much better. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
    micheguns
    Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
    i am using tazorac and i know they all help with fine lines (i know retina a, tazorac but not sure of differe) my question to you...i am peely too and it is hard to wear makeup, how do you get rid of the peely skin and what do you wash with that is gentle that can take off makeup?

Old 06-01-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
    Glitterygrl

Glitterygrl HB User
    I was with many different cleansers, some good ones to consider are Alpha Hydroxy foaming cleanser, Paula's Choice one step normal to dry cleanser. I would avoid wearing any concealer or foundation or especially powder for the first two weeks(I know it sounds impossible, but any kind of makeup looks terrible on peeling skin and only accentuates peeling). The peeling can be removed with a washcloth the key point here is to be very gentle. Hope this helps a bit.

Closed Thread