It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Need Help! Suggestions,Tips on how to have a soft,smooth,white skin .

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2003, 09:03 AM   #1
    carrieb883

carrieb883 HB User
    Red face Need Help! Suggestions,Tips on how to have a soft,smooth,white skin .

Hello Everybody! I just want to ask any expert on how to have a soft,smooth and white skin.. I heard that to have a soft,smooth and white complexion, you must hevily appply a great content of lotion to the whole part of your body. And Is it true that to have a nice looking feet you should put a lot of lotion and cover it with a saran wrap then sleep as it is.???
    I have a fair complexion and I like to have a soft and smooth skin.Can you give me any advices or tips on how to improve my skin. I also like my feet to be nice lookin' so can you also provide any tips about this.??
    And before I forget i also have a problem regarding my lips. The color of my lips is pale or brownish.I like to have a red, healthy looking lips so that eventhough I don't use lipstick I can be confident about my looks.
    I would be very happy if you will answer or give me any tips about this matter. Thanks in advance and Godbless!

P.S.
    Please suggest any brands of body lotion,feet lotion and about the care for the lips.Thankx!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2003, 08:37 PM   #2
    allygirl

allygirl HB User
    Well, exercising on a regular basis will give your skin a healthy glow. Lemon helps lighten skin, as does yogurt. I don't know about lotion,though....it would have to be a whitening lotion,I think.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:58 PM   #3
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    Put Vaseline on your feet and cover with socks overnight.

You might want to try Paula's Choice skin lightener for the face. Her products are gentle.

Old 05-26-2003, 08:23 AM   #4
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User

Put vaseline on your feet, then put some socks on and sleep like that. It's the best remedy.

For you lips, try Benetint from Benefit. It is a redish lip/cheek stain and it will do what you want.

As far as whitening lotions, I am not familiar with them. I know that lemon helps, but not much.

Old 05-26-2003, 03:19 PM   #5
    allygirl

allygirl HB User
    The main ingredient in most skin whitening creams is hydroquinone, just so you know.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:01 AM   #6
    someday681

someday681 HB User
    I use a hand made goat milk soap that I found online. I just use it on my face (a lot of people use it in the shower) and the soap makes my skin feel so smooth and soft. I love it!

Old 05-27-2003, 12:29 PM   #7
    carrieb883

carrieb883 HB User
    Wink

Hi everybody!
    Thanks for havin' the time. I appreciate all of your replies and I hope you can add new information or maybe some tips next time.
    Anyway, Are you referring to Vaseline Intensive Lotion? Is it just Vaseline or does it go with something like Vaseline with Aloe etc..? I am a lil' bit confuse.
    Again! Thanks and talksoon.Godbless.

------------------
    carrie

Old 05-27-2003, 12:59 PM   #8
    psabrina
    Inactive

psabrina HB User
    Hello! Uh, did't you say you had fair skin? Well, how 'white' do you want to go? I don't understand? I do a 'at home' once or sometimes twice a week and it keeps my skin smooth. I also workout for at least an hour everyday and that keeps my skin glowing...oh I drink a ton of water all day long too! As for your feet...just do a 'at home' pedicure once a week (you know, soak, exfoliate, massage, use a pumice stone on your heels...etc...)! Keep your nails trimmed and apply nail polish...ta da!
    Good Luck!

Old 05-27-2003, 01:01 PM   #9
    psabrina
    Inactive

psabrina HB User
    Hi, oops! I messed up on my message...what I meant to say was that I do an 'at home' facial once or twice a week...

Old 05-27-2003, 05:11 PM   #10
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User

I was refering to just Vaseline. Buy the pot that says Vaseline white petroleum jelly. Thant's the one

Old 05-28-2003, 01:00 PM   #11
    carrieb883

carrieb883 HB User
    hi guys!
    thankyou for all your concern and suggestions. I will try the things tha you've informed me.
    bye! talksoon

------------------
    carrie

Old 06-01-2003, 10:58 AM   #12
    carrieb883

carrieb883 HB User
    hello everybody!
    I already bought the Vaseline Petroleum Jelly 100% Pure.Is it the one? Hope it is.......
    Bye
    take care and Godspeed.

------------------
    carrie

Old 06-03-2003, 11:04 AM   #13
    Dollygrrl

Dollygrrl HB User
    To keep your skin fair, don't forget SUNSCREEN! I wear a moisturizing sunscreen every day and it keeps my fair skin soft and very pale. Plus it prevents wrinkling!

~Dolly~

Old 06-04-2003, 01:18 PM   #14
    carrieb883

carrieb883 HB User
    thankx dolly . I always use sunscreen on my face and it's definitely a big help, also very good for sun protection.

------------------
    carrie

Old 06-06-2003, 01:36 AM   #15
    beauty expert
    Inactive

beauty expert HB User
    Thumbs up

NO you don't have to heave on a ton of lotion to get great looking, healthy skin. It can be easy, affordable and fun! My skin is very fair & extremely soft.

The easiest stuff is 1- water, 2-exercise and 3- moisturize (whole body) regularly.
    Specifically for your feet - a good over the counter Pedicure kit can do wonders! Just be careful that your feet aren't cracked or damaged. Vaseline is fine, but remember that it's going to soften just the top layers of your skin. Get into doing a pedicure routine and moisturize afterwards can help your "bottom" layers of skin be soft & smooth!

You can get softer feet in a quick way or a slower way. The quickest way is to do a pedicure, than moisturize (I like the Mary Kay Extra emollient night cream), wrap in Saran Wrap for 5-15 min. than take off!

For your lips - are they stained by something? NO offense but do you drink coffee (or similiar)? Smoke? Anything that you eat/drink can stain both your teeth and your lips. Consider your diet first. Then, I would suggest checking out lip gloss's on the market. There are a ton of them ranging from no color to brights!

I have some other favorites - if you'd care to know, feel free to email me. Good luck! Have fun!

Closed Thread