It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2003, 05:23 PM   #1
    BubbleGumBabi
    Inactive

BubbleGumBabi HB User
    Question Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask??

Hi, i have been told about Queen helene's mint julep mask, and i was wondering what you thoguht about it, does it make your pores look smaller, and keep your skin smooth...or is it not worth the money?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2003, 07:16 PM   #2
    amethystle
    (female)

amethystle HB User
    I really like Queen Helene's Mint Julep mask. I use it all of the time and I really think that it not only helps keep me from breaking out, but is I use when I start to break out it will keep it from getting worse. The longer you leave it on the better it works. I even read a post from someone who said that they leave it on overnight and it helped get rid of their acne.

Old 06-30-2003, 07:04 AM   #3
    grlfrnd
    (female)

grlfrnd HB User
    Thumbs up

QH Mint Julep mask has been around forever - at one time it was only sold at health food stores. I use it and I love it - my husband even uses it. I took the advice of a poster and suggested he leave it on his forehead overnight for several nights and it cleared up his breakout. I use it to shrink the large pores on my nose but consistancy is the key as mentioned on this thread. It's well worth the few $'s to give it a try... if it didn't work, it wouldn't still be on the shelves, IMO!

[This message has been edited by grlfrnd (edited 06-30-2003).]

Old 07-04-2003, 09:16 PM   #4
    sonic
    Veteran
    (female)

sonic HB User
    I live in Ontario, Canada,,& I cant find it anywhere! I went to Wal-mart,,,they dont sell it..(at least thats what the girl said)
    Is it sold in a pouch?...like a one time use thing?
    HELP~~ http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/redface.gif

Old 07-04-2003, 11:00 PM   #5
    makeyourselfxo

makeyourselfxo HB User
    it's sold in a tube. good luck finding it! i think it's sold on some websites as well. definantly worth it if you don't have sensitive skin.

Old 07-05-2003, 06:30 AM   #6
    inquisitive1
    (female)

inquisitive1 HB User
    I bought mine at CVS.

Old 07-06-2003, 02:09 PM   #7
    knut

knut HB User
    i live in MN, and have bought it at Walgreens.

Old 07-07-2003, 03:06 PM   #8
    someday681

someday681 HB User
    Question

How long was it before you guys noticed a difference after using the mask?

Old 04-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
    cajungal328
    (female)

cajungal328 HB User
    Re: Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask??

My mama taught me to wash my face with Ivory soap, because it's natural and no perfumes and chemicals to irritate skin, and to use QH Mint Julep on my face, and I rarely have breakouts. I have one sibling that has acne problems, I wish I could get him to use this stuff :-)

I have used Mint Julep since I was a kid, before I even needed it. I used to like to immitate the girls on TV with green mask and cucumbers :-) 20 years ago, it was sold in a plastic jar, now it is sold in a tube. It's cheap too, I used to buy this stuff at the dollar store for $1 a jar. Now, I find it at Wal-Mart, usually near the Clearasil and Noxema. You can find it at Walgreens or CVS website for sure. Search for "Queen Helene Mint Julep", and you will find a list of stores and distributors who sell this stuff.

It's the consistancy of thick mud and it feels sooo good, cool and refreshing. and you can feel it sucking the crap out of your skin. It makes your skin tight and smooth. I love this stuff. I use it when I have a breakout or when I just want to refresh my skin.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:05 PM   #10
    SilverRoses
    (female)

SilverRoses HB User

Ok I just bought some today and I used it, I noticed that it sucks the oil out of my pores while it dries because you can see little dots after a while. I have enlarged pores and most of them are pretty clogged, but theyre not blackheads. I didnt notice that my pores were remarkably cleaner but a little improvement, the junk is still sticking out waiting to be sqeezed out. Does it take a while for it to clean you pores from just being clogged.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:08 AM   #11
    shlindz
    (female)

shlindz HB User

Thanks Cajungal, I'v been looking for the QH Mint Julip Mask everywhere. I haven't checked Walmart yet. We don't have a CVS or Walgreens in southern Ontario, but we do have Walmart. Yay. I can't wait to try this. I'v tried almost everything on my skin. Proactiv did absolutley nothing and regular cleansers and soaps don't do the trick either. Good luck to everyone, I gotta get to Walmart. lol.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:00 PM   #12
    greenfairy84
    (female)

greenfairy84 HB User

I bought this the other day after all the reviews on this site and let me just say: Do not use if you have sensitive skin.As soon as I put it on I had to splash cold water on my face to get it off it burned so bad.Even for only being on me for 6 seconds it left my skin a little red and dry.It's some pretty strong stuff.I can see why it works on tough skin.
    I did put some on my bf though and he had no problem wearing it and it made his skin look better afterward.He has some large pores and bumps that aren't full pimples yet on his forehead so I'm going to keep putting this on him.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #13
    keepsgoin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

keepsgoin HB User

Do you have Sally's Beauty Supply?...they have it!

Old 04-25-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

This stuff is AWESOME for making your face feel refreshed. During the summer, and even now, my face gets a little oily and just feels icky.. and my skin feels so great after this! I do agree that if you have REALLY sensitive skin (mine is a little but it's fine..) or like open acne bumps, then the mint might sting. I also bought the Mint Julep scrub! I haven't got to use it yet.. but I bet it works great as well.. especially to gently scrub the "gunk" out of pores that may be shrinking. I love how this product is so cheap also. My grocery store always has it go on sale every now and then so it ends up only a dollar or two. I would even use this if it didn't shrink my pores (but it does!) since I love how fresh it makes my face feel!! It can also be good for the morning if you have the time.. to wake you up!

Old 04-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #15
    iris1026
    (female)

iris1026 HB User

How often do you have to use it to be considered consistent?

I also live in Southern Ontario (Canada), has anyone found it here yet?

Thanks

Closed Thread