It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Mascara and lipstick always.....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2003, 02:10 PM   #1
    crazy_cat

crazy_cat HB User
    Post Mascara and lipstick always.....

I simply cant leave the house if i'm not wearing mascara and lipstick. I'd like to know how many of you can't go without lipstick or mascara or whatever is your "must have".

Also like to know, do you think that mascara and lipstick always is overdoing it? It only takes me 5 minutes to do. How do you think men see a woman who always wears lipstick (i dont think they notice the mascara). I think it looks quite natural and effortless. This is all i use but i simply cannot go without it. Looking forward to replies.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2003, 02:30 PM   #2
    Kre

Kre HB User
    Some of us have worn lipstick every day for so long it would be difficult to like our looks when we did not wear lipstick. For me, I look all washed out and droopy. Put on lipstick and I cheer up.

This may be dating some of us, remember the days when dressing up was name of the game even for grocery shopping? If not, maybe you would fare better with the no-makeup routine.

Old 07-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #3
    crazy_cat

crazy_cat HB User
    Yes, this is exactly how i feel. A simple gesture like putting some lipstick on my lips just transforms the way i look and the way i feel. I've never really even thought about it till recently when i started obssessing that i should try not to wear it, but if i dont i just feel down in the dumps. I'm 31.

Old 07-13-2003, 03:14 PM   #4
    sueadams

sueadams HB User
    Smile

Hi crazy cat and kre!
    Me too with the mascara and lipstick, also under eye concealer! If I don't put them on I feel really washed out and self concious . I have never really thought about it before, it's just something I have always done. My husband won't go out until he has shaved, I guess it's the same sort of thing. There's not a lot wrong with wanting to look and feel your best is there?! Iam 42.
    Have a nice one.

Old 07-13-2003, 05:56 PM   #5
    SunKissed
    Veteran
    (female)

SunKissed HB User
    I cant leave without concealer, some powder, and lip gloss!

Old 07-13-2003, 07:16 PM   #6
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Hi everyone~
    I hate to admit it, but I won't leave the house without my makeup on and hair done and I'm only 23! I've been this way for about 5 years. My husband thinks I'm overly obsessive about how I look. I don't know, maybe I am, but I don't see it that way. I just like to always look my best!

Old 07-13-2003, 11:09 PM   #7
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    All the men I know hate lipstick. I hear them complaining about it even without having to ask them. My teenage daughter's guy-friends (about l0 of them who regularly visit my house) are always complaining about it, just like my Dad and my own man and his son. The reasons are that they hate kissing women with lipstick on because they get it transferred to their own lips, and because they think it looks fake and unnatural. I wear it anyway (lol!) because it keeps my lips moist and healthy, and blocks out damage from the sun. My man says to just use Chapstick then, but we all know that just isn't as effective as a good lip-conditioning lipstick. I've been trying to wear more lip gloss instead of lipstick, but they seem to be just as adverse to gloss as lipstick.

I agree that men don't seem to notice or complain about mascara as much, but then again if they kiss you they aren't going to have it rub off on them either!

[This message has been edited by poreoilyme (edited 07-14-2003).]

Old 07-14-2003, 02:01 AM   #8
    ember

ember HB User
    I always wear mascara,lipgloss,and blush.

Old 07-14-2003, 06:08 AM   #9
    ladida
    (female)

ladida HB User
    Smile

I just HAVE to wear lipstick the whole time, it really brightens up your whole face! I always wear lippie, foundation, mascara and blush.

Old 07-14-2003, 09:29 AM   #10
    crazy_cat

crazy_cat HB User
    Glad to hear you ladies like your lipstick! Is it really true men hate it though? My boyfriend doesnt mind, at least he's never said so and after a long snog you get a kinda bruised look to your lips which is very flattering, then apply another coat over that and it looks fantastic! (i'm a lippie expert!) I'm a real lipstick junkie, i buy a new lipstick nearly every week (many of which i never use), different shades and textures for different times of the day. I use Clinique's brownberry matte for daytime because it looks quite natural and isnt shiny and stays put, but i love the shiny lipsticks and have plenty of them for evenings or for when i'm out with my boyfriend or friends, for some reason i wont wear a red, shiny lipstick if i'm out on my own but have no problem doing this if i'm with company. As i see it i use make up on my best and worst features; best my lips to highlight them, worst my eyes as they're not too large and eyelashes are pretty skimpy. Thinking of getting an eyelash dye. Anyone tried this? Does it look as good as mascara?

Old 07-15-2003, 05:38 PM   #11
    ihatespumoni

ihatespumoni HB User
    Hi,

I have to admit, I hate leaving the house without makeup. When I do, it's just like to the corner store or the video store, and then I put on a hat and shades. I know, it's really bad. Anyway, a word about wearing makeup all the time. Back when I was in highschool (not really that long ago), I woke up late one day and had to rush to school because I had a test and obviously I didn't have time to put any make up on. Guess what happened? Everyone (friends and teachers) asked me if I was feeling sick because I looked so pale and so "different from the way I usually look." No one could pinpoint it to the fact that I wasn't wearing makeup, but I just apparently seemed pale. I don't think that I am particularly pale, it's just that it's such a contrast from what people are used to. Anyway, when pressed for time I put on face powder, blush, eyeliner and I curl my lashes (no mascara). Those are my main vices.

Old 07-17-2003, 07:42 AM   #12
    Dai

Dai HB User
    It depends. I can go to the corner shop or for a walk or whatever without make-up, but I like to have my sunglasses on if I know I'll see many people.

I'm no fan of lipstick really, it's the last thing I'd put on... I'm more into foundation and eye make up.

Old 07-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #13
    girlgato
    (female)

girlgato HB Usergirlgato HB User
    Smile

Each and every day I wear my makeup. Doesn't matter if I'm just staying in - my makeup goes on each morning. Lipstick and lipliner, foundation, mascara, a touch of blush or bronzer are absolute musts for me.

My hubbie has never complained about lipstick. I always apply, blot, reapply, blot again to get more of a lip stain than a glossy/shiny look.

What would us girls do without our makeup???

Old 07-24-2003, 08:32 AM   #14
    lizzydalto

lizzydalto HB User
    Who care what any one thinks. mascara opens our eyes and lipstick makes our smile brighter!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2003, 10:29 AM   #15
    BeachBella289

BeachBella289 HB User
    Well i do know that guys dont liek lipstick because it gets on them...but they can jsut wipe it off. I dont wear it becasue i personally think it tastes horrible ...i stick to flavored lipglosses...which guys liek because they taste good, but i am a teen so i guess i can get away with that. But just a tip, if any of you are wanting to look natural but stick have your lips feeling moisturized, avon makes this awesome lip conditioner, and it comes in a lipstick tube, only it looks like its a pale skincolor...but it's not, it adds a little bit of shine (not very much) and feels so soft and conditons your lips...it's awesome!

Closed Thread