It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• whats the fastest way to grow your hair

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-08-2003, 02:35 PM   #1
    BeachBella289

BeachBella289 HB User
    Post whats the fastest way to grow your hair

whats the fastest way to grow your hair? ive heard about some vitamins that work and the special shampoo and also if you eat certain foods well whats the best thing to go with or which one the best....?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #2
    kellie2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kellie2 HB User
    Unfortunately, nothing will make your hair grow any faster than God intended it to, which is about 1/2 inch per month. Taking care of it will give it the look of health but as for rate of growth, there really isn't anything you can do to make it grow faster.

Old 07-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #3
    Samantha_Michelle

Samantha_Michelle HB User
    Just be nice to it. No cutting, coloring, blow drying....eat plenty of vitamin C, wash often, keep it out of the sun and wind....I do all this and I have very long hair. But some people, I've found, just can't grow long hair. Its genetics, I suppose.

Old 07-09-2003, 05:48 AM   #4
    crystaleyes21

crystaleyes21 HB User
    Some people seriously can not grow hair only to a point, but others can. I am an avid blow-dryer and heat styler on my hair and have the longest softest hair, you would never imagine I heat style it. Trim off as little as possible to keep the shaft healthy. When washing, use friction at the scalp, which will increase circulation to you scalp and helps. Also brushing, be a little rougher around the scalp to further increase circulation. My hair gros very fast because of the constant action that is going on to my scalp. Try these along with what everyone else has said, and it should help greatly ~~Heather

------------------
    ~~Never look down on somebody unless you are helping them up~~

Old 07-09-2003, 12:10 PM   #5
    dream_fairy55
    (female)

dream_fairy55 HB User
    Here are tips that have seemed to help ME -- I used to have thin/fine hair when I was young, but now it def. much thicker and long (middle of my back).

~getting pregnant
    ~taking a multi vitamin
    ~ gettting it trimmed (1/4 inch) every 2 months

Good luck!

Old 07-09-2003, 12:13 PM   #6
    dream_fairy55
    (female)

dream_fairy55 HB User
    Oh yes, also don't use products that 'ruin' your hair... like coloring it, blow drying it, etc.

Old 07-09-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
    crystaleyes21

crystaleyes21 HB User
    ...most products will not ruine hair if used properly, as for blowdrying, do that properly and that, also, will not "ruine" your hair

------------------

Old 07-11-2003, 08:23 PM   #8
    Hamer

Hamer HB User
    I started taking a one-a-day multivitamin for women and I seriously think my hair and nails are growing a lot faster.

Old 07-11-2003, 08:52 PM   #9
    inquisitive1
    (female)

inquisitive1 HB User
    Which vitamin do you take?

Old 07-12-2003, 06:55 AM   #10
    crystaleyes21

crystaleyes21 HB User
    I think she is talking about the vitamin called "one a Day" and it says specifically for woman on the bottle. You can get them at any local drug store or place that sells groceries and pharmecueticals together. Hope that helped..

------------------

Old 07-13-2003, 10:57 AM   #11
    ladida
    (female)

ladida HB User
    Hi, try eating a more healthy diet get all ur vitamins etc etc. I also found that tying my hair back in a very tight ponytail at night encouraged my hair to grow longer,definitely! Not so sure if it's good for one's hair though,lol! Leave it down during the day too, gravity works wonders
    Good luck!
    Ladida

Old 09-04-2003, 10:36 PM   #12
    kera

kera HB User
    my aunt used to be a beautician years ago, and she insists that 1/2" per month is the max, no matter what. if you have healthy hair and it's already growing at the max rate, then all you can do is try to minimize breakage. if your hair grows at less than the 1/2" rate, there's a chance you'll have success with some of these remedies. i wish my hair would grow faster too!

[This message has been edited by kera (edited 09-05-2003).]

Old 11-18-2003, 02:44 PM   #13
    nikkicute

nikkicute HB User
    Lightbulb You can try this product!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeachBella289
    whats the fastest way to grow your hair? ive heard about some vitamins that work and the special shampoo and also if you eat certain foods well whats the best thing to go with or which one the best....?
    Well one product to can try is Eqyss Mega-Tek Rebuilder. It was originally used in the salon for very damaged hair and for cancer paitients who lost their hair due to the cancer treatments. For some unknown reason they started to market it to horses and changed the formula (made it stronger because horses hair is more tougher than human hair) added even more ingrediants and those that used it before noticed there hair grew faster. I called the number I got off the website and ask the women who answered the phone questions. One was does she use this product herself? She said yes and it works. She also gave me pet catalogs for horses to call because you can buy them cheaper than on the website. I guess these product are kind of like the Manes-N-Tail products you see in Wal-Mart or Target but these are stronger. Well if it can help cancer paitients grow hair maybe healthy people can have even better results. I hope that helped a little. bye

Old 11-23-2003, 12:48 AM   #14
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
    Re: whats the fastest way to grow your hair

Somewhere on these boards i read that taking Kelp tablets makes the hair grow faster and healthier.

My hair grows well, but every once in a while i'll buy a bottle of either a multivitamin tablet or one specifically for "hair, skin & nails" and i was getting an inch trimmed off each month, but my hair growth seemed to keep up with the trims, making me think that the vitamins did help make it grow faster. I still eat a healthy diet and drink a lot of water. I wash it every second day and blow dry the crown of my hair dry, leaving the ends to naturally dry, but never "style" dry it as i worry that pulling it with a brush and using a lot of heat may damage my hair as it's virtually down to my waist. I tie it back loosley when i go to sleep.

Trimming keeps the hair healthy and it's the only way to get rid of split ends. Better to trim a tiny bit off on a regular basis than let it go and have to get a heap cut off in one hit.

Old 11-23-2003, 08:17 AM   #15
    hairqueen

hairqueen HB User
    Re: whats the fastest way to grow your hair

some people swear by pre*natal vitamins

Closed Thread