It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Hi YOOPERGIRL- Tend Skin Recipe?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2003, 04:51 AM   #1
    pick_n_pock

pick_n_pock HB User
    Question Hi YOOPERGIRL- Tend Skin Recipe?

Hi I wasn't able to find the Tend skin recipe that you recommended on the internet.

Would you be able to post a copy with ingredients amounts, how you mix it, and how you apply it?

I would really appreciat it

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2003, 08:47 AM   #2
    yoopergirl

yoopergirl HB User
    I apply it after I shave with a cotton ball, making sure I shake the bottle first. The mixture lasts a long time. I use half of the alcohol and witch hazel and about 10 aspirin. I poured the mixture into a new bottle and stored the remainder alcohol and witch hazel so that I could make more at a later time. Thanks FargoUT! any more questions please ask!

This is the quote from FargoUT:
    Tend Skin is great, although I don't pay for it. To me, it's far too expensive for the amount supplied. There is an Internet recipe for the same stuff. Look under Google for Tend Skin recipe, and you'll find it pretty quickly. There are only about five ingredients in Tend Skin, so it is very easy to replicate. Basically, you just need 70% Isopropyl Alcohol, Witch Hazel (I like to add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil too), and a bottle of non-coated, regular aspirin tablets (which is acetylsalicylic acid). Mix the witch hazel and alcohol together and drop about twenty tablets of aspirin into each bottle (try buying the same size bottles of Alcohol and Witch Hazel--you get twice the product). Let the aspirin dissolve (it will leave white junk on the bottom, but that's not a problem). I've heard that Propylene Glycol has something to do with it, and I believe this is a main ingredient in antifreeze for your car. Just look it up on the internet and see what they recommend.
    On an additional note, you can buy Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Lotion (white stuff in a bottle) and Isopropyl alcohol. Neutrogena's product has all the ingredients of Tend Skin (and then some). Just use a cotton swap to apply the alcohol, and follow up with the Neutrogena lotion. Same results (in fact, it's better since the lotion contains aloe vera to help calm irritated skin).

[This message has been edited by FargoUT (edited 05-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by yoopergirl (edited 08-01-2003).]

Old 08-01-2003, 01:56 PM   #3
    shellylay
    Inactive

shellylay HB User
    Hi,
    I saw the recipe you posted and I was wondering what 'Tend Skin' is used for.

Thanks

------------------

*~* ShEllyLAy *~*

Old 08-01-2003, 04:46 PM   #4
    yoopergirl

yoopergirl HB User
    preventing razor bumps and ingrown hairs. tend skin can be purchased at sephora, but is very expensive. fargout found a recipe for it and posted it.

Old 08-01-2003, 08:11 PM   #5
    shellylay
    Inactive

shellylay HB User
    Talking

Thanks! This is something that I deperately need!

------------------

*~* ShEllyLAy *~*

Old 09-05-2003, 07:35 PM   #6
    hohoho

hohoho HB User
    i bought this cream called Gigi bikini soothing cream. it costs about 7-8 bucks at sally's beauty. it works great for ingrown hairs and bumps...
    so for those who are tight on budget and are lazy to crush those aspirins and mix with alcohol etc, u should try this!

Closed Thread