It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• I hate Pantene!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-21-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
    siren24
    Inactive

siren24 HB User
    Thumbs down I hate Pantene!!!!

Is it just me, or do they make alot of empty promises? I have tried using their new formulas so many times, and they all turn my hair to STRAW!!! Even the daily moisture renewal. I've switched back to Reddken, which I have great results with. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2003, 04:54 PM   #2
    Girlie19
    Veteran

Girlie19 HB User
    Pantene braks my back out. I don't have this problem with other shampoos so I hate it too, only for a different reason lol.

Old 02-21-2003, 07:25 PM   #3
    Rachel87
    Veteran

Rachel87 HB User
    I'd have to disagree with you. Pantene makes my hair shiny and manageable. It's my favorite!

Old 02-21-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
    BetaChiAngel

BetaChiAngel HB User
    Rachel,

Pantene makes your hair shiny by leaving a waxy residue on your hair (whether you notice it or not). It's one of the worst products you can use on your hair. I'm a hairstylist and have gotten extensive product training. Definitely stick with professional products- they cost more because the companies actually do the research to make good quality products.

Siren,

Keep using that Redken, it's great stuff!

Old 02-22-2003, 02:42 PM   #5
    psabrina
    Inactive

psabrina HB User
    Umm, I was planning on using Pantene as soon as I am done with my usual Thermasilk but I am having second thoughts now...does Thermasilk also have wax in it?

Old 02-22-2003, 04:08 PM   #6
    MiffyBunny

MiffyBunny HB User
    I used to love Pantene but some years ago they changed the formula here in Argentina and I hate the new fragance. However, I kept using it till some weeks ago when I purchased Neutrogena's Clean something shampoo and conditioner. I love the smell and my hair is softer and manageable. =)

Old 02-22-2003, 05:06 PM   #7
    SabresLover81
    (female)

SabresLover81 HB User
    Where Can i find this Redken Stuff?! I've heard about it and would like to keep my hair beautiful i dye it alot and it usually turns to straw then i have to cut it but would like to grow it out. Where Can i find Redken??!!?

Old 02-22-2003, 06:54 PM   #8
    siren24
    Inactive

siren24 HB User

You can usually find Redken at any salon, but you can't buy it in stores. I pay between $8-$12 depending on the product, but it's wonderful. I used to dye my hair alot too, not only that, but it's naturally curly and naturally dry. I would recommend there All Soft line. It's what got my hair back in shape. I used the reg. shampoo and conditioner daily and the heavy cream super moisture twice a month and left it of for 10-20 minutes. It worked miracles. Now I use their Fresh Curls line, which is also good for moisture, and really helps cut down the frizz in curly hair. Good luck!

Old 02-22-2003, 06:55 PM   #9
    kat721
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kat721 HB User
    I'm a Cosmetologist too! But I LOVE Pantene.
    My hair looks great.
    I have long curley hair that used to break off and it's growing the longest it has in forever.
    I even had 3 surgeries this year and we all KNOW what anesthesia does to our hair!
    So Pantene's great for me and my hair.
    With product it is very body chem. specific.
    Not everything works for everyone.
    I guess that's why product is such a huge and booming industry.
    kat

P.S. In the Salon brands I like Biolage and most stuff from Matrix.

[This message has been edited by kat721 (edited 02-23-2003).]

Old 02-23-2003, 07:59 AM   #10
    Piperdreams
    Inactive

Piperdreams HB User
    I have used Redken, I have used Pantene and some others. I havenot seen a difference at all between the expensive salon products or cheaper supermarket brands. For me it is a waste of money to spend so much money on salon brands.

Piper

Old 02-24-2003, 02:18 AM   #11
    nicola_76_uk

nicola_76_uk HB User
    Thumbs down

Siren,

Couldn't agree with you more! I also have naturally curly hair and Pantene just wrecks it...turns my hair into straw!!

Take care!

Nic

Old 02-25-2003, 11:12 AM   #12
    Cypris55
    (female)

Cypris55 HB User
    Pantene thins out my hair. It's great for untangling and moisturizing hair, but it makes my hair fall out. I use it only when I absolutely need that extra moisturizing, but i only use it on the ends of my hair and never let it touch my scalp.

Old 02-25-2003, 01:57 PM   #13
    DenverGal
    Veteran

DenverGal HB User
    Kat721 - What does anesthesia do to your hair? The anesthesia goes into your body, not your hair. When you breathe in anesthesia, it goes into your lungs and then your bloodstream and to all your organs, which causes you to "go to sleep". I don't understand how this would have anything to do with your hair. I've worked in the OR and Recovery Room for years and I have NEVER heard or seen any effects of anesthesia on hair. Anesthetic agents are metabolized by the liver and kidney, and sometimes the lungs. You would have to be under anesthesia for a significantly long time for any of the anesthesia to be stored in your hair, and even then I do not think it would harm it. I'm just curious about what you were referring to.

Old 02-26-2003, 02:28 AM   #14
    vanessalondon

vanessalondon HB User
    i hate pantene too. for some reason i think it makes my hair thin over a period of time. i LOVE biolage. it is a little more expensive but if you buy a huge bottle it will last for a long time. it doesn't build up, and it makes your hair look and feel great.

[This message has been edited by vanessalondon (edited 02-26-2003).]

Old 02-26-2003, 03:36 PM   #15
    danro
    (female)

danro HB User
    I dislike Pantene along w/ many of the drugstore/supermarket brands. Most of them are akin to liquid dishwashing detergent, Pert being the worst of the lot. My hair is treated to Rene Furterer or Kérastase. I also recently tried Freshs' new line of shampoos and find those to be extra gentle as well.

Closed Thread