It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Please recommend a great body lotion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-14-2004, 06:29 AM   #1
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User
    Please recommend a great body lotion

hi everyone. You all have such good beauty advice so I thought I would ask your recommendations on a great body lotion. I live in a reatively cold climate, I use to live in the South so you can imagine that my skin took a beating thr first year up here. We just don't have this type of cold back where I use to live. I shave my legs every day, and my skin feels tight and itchy, all dried out and I hate that itch. Does anyone know of a super moisturizing body lotion? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2004, 08:12 AM   #2
    jazzyE

jazzyE HB User
    Re: Please recommend a great body lotion

I have super dry skin that gets itchy if I don't take care of it. The only one that works for me that is relatively inexpensive(compared to the specialty brands I get) is Cetaphil cream. You can find it in any drugstore, but only the cream in the tub, not the regular lotion in the bottles. The lotion is fine on regular sensitive skin, but I've found it doesn't work on extremely dry skin.

Old 11-14-2004, 07:25 PM   #3
    AnitaPita
    (female)

AnitaPita HB User

The one that I have found that works great on my dry legs is the same lotion that they use on your hands when you get a manicure. I get mine at Sally's. Its called Warm O lotion and its light pink in a tall bottle. It is very thick as it is made to hydrate cuticles and nails. It says on the bottle that it is great for body lotion or massage. After using it for a few weeks it was like I had new, smooth and even toned skin. Tonight I tried Oil of Olay Moisture rinse. Its the stuff you put on in the shower while youre wet and then rinse off. So far so good....my skin feels very soft. Ill have to use it a few more days before I decide if I like it better.

Old 11-14-2004, 08:05 PM   #4
    Blue-eyedBelle
    Senior Veteran

Blue-eyedBelle HB User

I would recommend a body butter. I love AYU International's coconut body butter. You can only buy it online. It smells awesome, & is extremely moisturizing without being greasy.

Old 11-14-2004, 10:54 PM   #5
    Vickie24
    (female)

Vickie24 HB User
    Talking Re: Please recommend a great body lotion

I really like Curel Age Defying & Firming Lotion. Also another of my ulimate favs is Ginger Souffle Whipped body cream. Really leaves your skin so soft and smells oh so yummy. They have a wonderful body scrub too called Incredible Spreadable Scrub Ginger body smoother.

Old 11-15-2004, 11:49 AM   #6
    jojo64
    Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Aveeno!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2004, 08:22 AM   #7
    Frynd1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Frynd1 HB User

cocoa butter lotion

Old 11-16-2004, 01:00 PM   #8
    cocoeyes
    Veteran
    (female)

cocoeyes HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by LynnDewald1
    cocoa butter lotion

I've recently started using baby oil with Johnson & Jonnson's baby lotion. I just mix the two together and shake the lotion bottle. It feels wonderful and makes your body extra soft. Try it!

Old 11-17-2004, 10:28 AM   #9
    joche

joche HB User

shea butter is also good.

Old 11-17-2004, 12:35 PM   #10
    ladivapr
    Inactive

ladivapr HB User

I like aveeno too. The oatmeal thing on it makes it the best.

Old 11-17-2004, 05:34 PM   #11
    Njank
    (female)

Njank HB User

I have dry skin in the winter and I find that I have to apply twice a day or I drive myself crazy scratching all day. I find that Body Cream is best as opposed to Lotion. I like Bath and Body Creams in the tube...not the bottle.
    Sometimes the smells can be strong so pick one you like a lot.
    but they really work great.
    nancy

Old 11-25-2004, 12:33 AM   #12
    kimzi81
    Inactive

kimzi81 HB User

AVEENO BABY LOTION.. the lavender and vanilla one. i bought this and it put an end to the itchies and the moisturizing action really does last for 24 hours.. smells awesome (not overpowering at all) and makes ur skin baby smooth.. my boyfriend asked if i had lotion one day and i let him have some.. he stole the whole bottle from me. lol .. hope it helps =)

Old 11-25-2004, 10:47 PM   #13
    GettingWellAgain
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

My mom and I absolutely LOVE Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion. It's like a body butter, and it's the only lotion from the drug store that actually REALLY TRULY WORKS on extra dry skin. It smells like chocolate, hence the name "cocoa butter", and some find the scent to be overpowering, but you really don't need that much, which really saves you money. Cocoa butter is supposed to lighten stretch marks and create more even toned skin, and I have to say, it gives my skin a sexy glow and DOES create a more even tone. I had very tiny stretch marks on my upper thighs, and since using the Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion, you can hardly see them. It's super moisturizing, and unlike other lotions where it feels like mostly a very watery base, it's thick and moisturizes with oils, but doesn't make you greasy. I highly recommend it.
    ~Katalina

Old 11-29-2004, 07:49 PM   #14
    Sugar64
    (female)

Sugar64 HB User

Any of the body butters by The Body Shop....they are awesome, smell great, and melt right into your skin without feeling greasy.

Old 12-02-2004, 11:36 AM   #15
    rush_rulz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rush_rulz HB User

I second the Shea Butter votes, as well as Aveeno. St Ives has a relatively good few moisturizing lotions, and sometimes, if your getting those red itchy bumps when you shave, you can just use the baby oil when your are shaving, or shortly after (bring it in the shower with you, so it goes in when your skin is still wet and shave with it too) then lather some on with lotion afterwards!

Closed Thread