It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• I LOVE Pantene Conditioner! Do you?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
    K007
    (female)

K007 HB User
    I LOVE Pantene Conditioner! Do you?

I was just wondering if anyone loves Pantene Coditioner for Dry damaged hair, the silky one, the green and white bottle.

Honeslty, no other conditioner doesn't it for me, like I blow dry my hair everyday, and it looks great with Pantene's Conditioner. My hair feels silky and smooth and NO knots or anything! God I LOVE IT! lol

K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 09:05 PM   #2
    Divation
    Veteran
    (female)

Divation HB User
    Re: I LOVE Pantene Conditioner! Do you?

I went to get my hair colored one time and I told them I use Pantene ProV for everything, and they nearly threw me out of the place. They said that is one of the worst products you could use in your hair because it makes your hair break off. I dunno.

Old 12-04-2004, 03:32 PM   #3
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DivaDevilition
    I went to get my hair colored one time and I told them I use Pantene ProV for everything, and they nearly threw me out of the place. They said that is one of the worst products you could use in your hair because it makes your hair break off. I dunno.
    Same here!!! I have heard this from more than one hairdresser too. My neighbor is a hairdresser and told me it is the worst you can use and it can also make your hair fall out!!! I don't need any help in that department

Old 12-04-2004, 06:43 PM   #4
    just_imagine

just_imagine HB User

I love Pantene shampoo and conditioner and I don't care what the professionals say anymore... I used to take their word for everything, and frankly I'm doing my own trial and errors now. They say never use soap on your face, and Dove soap has been the best thing I've ever used. They say Maybelline Great Lash is the best drugstore mascara, which utterly boggles my mind since it was by far the crappiest mascara I have ever bought. And I've heard a million times "never use Pantene, it's horrible for your hair", and yet it works better for me than any salon product I've ever used, which includes Biolage, Redken, Matrix, K-Pak, TIGI, Paul Mitchell, even Kerastase...which I liked for a couple washes, until the texture of my hair felt really nasty.

I don't wash my hair everyday, and I use a clarifying shampoo every couple weeks (which for me is about every 4th wash) so I don't worry about further damage anyways. My hair is damaged as is from my highlights and ceramic iron. Pantene is the only shampoo I can use that leaves my hair soft before I even use conditioner.

Everything works differently for everyone!

Old 12-04-2004, 09:53 PM   #5
    SacredParadise
    (female)

SacredParadise HB User

I have thick medium/long hair, that I wash everyday, and it tangles really bad. When I first started using the Pantene I loved it because it made my hair smooth and I could brush it fine. After some time though my hair starting coming out really bad and I stopped using it and it helped a lot.

-Sam

Old 12-26-2004, 10:38 AM   #6
    CupCaked
    (female)

CupCaked HB User

Interesting, how all the hair "pros" seem to be bombing Pantene. I use it and I love it.

Old 12-26-2004, 12:17 PM   #7
    catie1
    (female)

catie1 HB User

I love the Pantene Smooth and Silky brand. My hair tangles after washing and is usually a little frizzy when it dries. This conditioner works so well at detangling my hair and it's the smoothes my hair has been without having to blow dry it, and it's a lot softer. I'll let you know if it starts ruining my hair, but I think most hair stylists hate all products you can buy at the grocery store, they buy into the hype of a lot of those expensive products.

Old 12-27-2004, 07:05 AM   #8
    rachel18

rachel18 HB User

My friend is a hairdresser and she says she always asks people what shampoo they use and if they say pantene then they don't usually colour the persons hair, as the hair dye and the chemicals in the pantene shampoo have a bad reaction which can cause your hair to burn if you are having any foils, which is kinda scary. I used to use pantene and it was so nice because it makes your hair nice and shiny, but then someone told me that it doesnt really clean your hair it just puts a kind of like film over your hair which makes it look shiny in appearance and sqeaky clean. After a while my hair actually became pretty damaged, i don't use it anymore!

Old 12-27-2004, 05:25 PM   #9
    Rms11
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Rms11 HB User

Pantene is the worst. I really hate this product.

Old 12-28-2004, 07:46 PM   #10
    hollandlop
    Veteran
    (female)

hollandlop HB User

Does anyone know where to purchase the Pantene overnight leave in treatment that comes in a packet? I looked everywhere from walmart to target to rite aid, and none of those places have it.

Old 12-30-2004, 09:03 AM   #11
    kid84
    (female)

kid84 HB User

i have tried pantene shampoo for damage hair
    it seems to be effective at first
    however after a short period of time my scalp became very itchy and hair started falling off
    it's really a bad product

Old 12-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #12
    lisa24
    Inactive
    (female)

lisa24 HB User

Nope, I used the same kind, the green and white, and hated it.
    I was also told by a hairdresser that it is the worst! And that was after I had stopped using it, and told her I switched to something cheaper. She even said the cheaper brand was still better than using Pantene.

Old 12-30-2004, 03:52 PM   #13
    mel1977
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mel1977 HB User

this is real: just remember your hair is really dead cells so you can't actually make it healthier with shampoo. The only way to actually help your hair be healthy is to not damage it in the first place. Pantene coats the hair to give it the extra soft and other things we all want for our hair, and Pantene is not the ONLY one, most drugstore or cheaper shampoos and conditioners do this. The more expensive stuff lacks certain ingredients that coat the hair. So, if you have over colored your hair, the real only way to make it "healthy" again, is to chop it off and wait for the "new" hair to grow in. That is drastic of course: I say use whatever product makes YOU happy. Each and every person has a different kind of hair and we all want different things out of our hair. So, do what you like. I like and dislike Pantene. I may use it here and there, but I am prefering the more expensive products that lack those "hair coating" products.
    I learned this in my Physiology classes by the way-same goes for your nails. The actual nail is made of dead cells. Happy shampooing!

Old 12-30-2004, 04:36 PM   #14
    SammyT
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SammyT HB User

I agree! Pantene really does work! kk, i have thick hair and it is usually dried out. it has somewhat a natural wave to it but it frizzes like mad!! what do i do to get nice shiny BooTyful hair?! haha

Old 12-30-2004, 08:18 PM   #15
    madera74
    (female)

madera74 HB User

Check the ingredient labels on your haircare products and remember: laurETH is good, laurYL is bad. That's why drugstore haircare products often get a bad rap (most --but not all -- of them contain sodium lauryl sulfate, which is very hard on your hair. I have heard these compared like this.. -laureth is to -lauryl as Soft Scrub is to Ajax.

About Pantene (and I don't have any of their shampoo so can't check the ingredient label), I'll say this: 1) I have known a number of people with gorgeous, healthy looking hair who used Pantene. 2) I have used the mousse and gel before and liked it, and currently use the Deep Fortifying Treatment on my ends and like it. 3) My hair has been breaking off somewhat, but there are other suspects for that (styling tools, sleeping in a ponytail) and from the ingredients research I've read, I haven't seen anything on the ingredient list that seems harmful and 4) I put a lot of credence in what Paula Begoun (consumer advocate for the beauty industry) has to say about various products and in her haircare reviews she gives most Pantene products average to excellent ratings, which would indicate that some are at worst mediocre, but not harmful to your hair.

Closed Thread