It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Freckles!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-24-2004, 01:48 AM   #1
    Fashion Gal
    (female)

Fashion Gal HB User
    Freckles!!!

Hello, I'm new so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I'm 23 and trying to get rid of my freckles without using peels, lasers or bleaches. I have them all over my face...it's really annoying.

What do you suggest?

I've tried all kinds of kooky things from the internet that haven't worked...i'm trying lemon juice right now, though it's really drying my skin out...should I use a moisturiser? If so when? Just put it on top of the lemon juice?

Anything else out there has has been proven effective? Has anyone tried Shiseido? Doesn't that just whiten your skin and not the freckles?

Any help would be GREAT!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2004, 07:07 AM   #2
    JackieC
    (female)

JackieC HB User
    Re: Freckles!!!

Hi Fashion Gal,

Not sure I will be of any help but just wanted to say that I work in the beauty industry and I think you are crazy to try to get rid of your freckles! They are a sign of beauty and most people looking for a sunkissed glow would kill for a freckley face.

I don't know how deep face peel etc. actually go to remove freckles to be honest. There are treatments out there, moisturisers that claim to remove freckles and scarring etc. I can't remember what they are called, I think it's 'Fade away' or something like that.

In makeup terms you could use a heavy coverage foundation, like Mac full coverage which will make them appear less obvious. My only concern with this is that tryin to cover up freckles with makeup can often make the face look kinda grey. When I work with freckled skin I usually use sheer foundations to let the freckles shine through. Looks amazing!

Good look

JACKIEX

Old 01-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
    nolovenoglory
    (female)

nolovenoglory HB User

i think the most effective way to egt rid of freckles is to go in for one of those treatmesnts with the lasers it seems like the only way to me.
    makeup is a temporary solution and trust me lemon juice is pointless, it takes forever to show results if any at all

Old 01-01-2005, 08:16 PM   #4
    something_witty

something_witty HB User

Oh man, love your freckles! I have very freckley cheeks and shoulders, and even though they make me look about 16 (I'm 21), I love them! I think they add personality.

My cousin hates hers, though, and tries to cover them up with really heavy foundation. Personally I think it's better to let your natural beauty shine through as much as possible, if you can.

Old 01-01-2005, 10:08 PM   #5
    stuckmissy
    Veteran
    (female)

stuckmissy HB User

I'm 30m and loaded with freckles. I deal with them a little better now but they used to drive me crazy especially in the summer when they seem to pop out of my skin. My mom has always said lemon juice. So maybe your on the right track. She has only faded freckles, but she also stays out of the sun and uses a good sunscreen. I can't seem to avoid the sun, never tried the lemon juice. Let us know if it works. Is it the lemon juice in the bottle or are you using real lemons? I tried some cosmetic creams but they didn't do anything for me.

Old 01-02-2005, 09:20 PM   #6
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

Use Vitamin C serum. My sister has freckles and they have been visibly lightened a lot after she used a Vitamin C serum for a few months.

Old 01-05-2005, 04:16 PM   #7
    sheryl555

sheryl555 HB User

Fashion Gal,

Have you ever tried....liking them? I don't have freckles, but I think there is something so cute about people with freckles. It's adorable, wouldn't mind if I had them.
    Sheryl

Old 01-05-2005, 04:59 PM   #8
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User

I went to my dermatologist last month to get a few of my freckles removed that had changed color and become raised. She froze them off in a jiffy with no scar. Now since yours are not raised to my knowledge no freezing for you. However she gave me a cream called EpiQuin for my dark mass that the birth control pills were to kind to give me. It turn I used it all over my face and the freckles are almost gone as well. There are a few that were really dark and have lightened greatly but it will take more time to see if they go all the way as well. Not cheap to buy. I have no insurance so a 3oz tube cost me $110 bucks. That tube is almost gone and it's been a month. I I have the 4% but there are stronger % that you can ask for. I have very senstitve skin being Irish so I went with the smallest % of bleach. It have helped with my wrinkles as well. It actually took skin off my eyelids. I know ya not suppose to put anything like that near your eyes but I had them on my beye lids as well. Not anymore

Jenteal

Old 01-06-2005, 08:29 PM   #9
    GrampaSimpson
    (male)

GrampaSimpson HB User

I also think freckles are cute, you should keep them. But if you think that it's really ruining your life then go for it.

Old 01-07-2005, 05:47 PM   #10
    smurfette1945
    (female)

smurfette1945 HB User

Hi, I don't know any way to get rid of them, but I just wanted to say, you should love your freckles. I have them too. They're all over my face and elsewhere. I love my freckles. They make me different. They're beauty marks. I think they add character...lol. I'm not actually just saying this because I have them. I watched "Little Black Book" last night and the woman that plays Joyce has freckles, I thought she was the most beautiful actress in that entire movie! Actually, she's much prettier than a lot of actresses, and i think that because of her freckles.

Closed Thread