It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• 3rd degree burn and want to tan read plz

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #1
    harrisson
    Inactive

harrisson HB User
    3rd degree burn and want to tan read plz

Hello last year i was in florida and got 3rd degree burn on my chest, back and face.So now a year later i want to go to a tanning booth to get a good tan. i like the bronze look.I was wondering since i had that burn would it affect me now? I know it will in the long run but do you think its worth it? Also i heard alot about the self tanner mumbo jumbo... how does that work? just put it on and wait? and whats the best brand for that. k thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #2
    Jenteal
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenteal HB User
    Re: 3rd degree burn and want to tan read plz

I got a 3 degree burn in Flordia back in 1990. My friend and I had put on a self tanner for the 4 hour ride over there. When we got there we put on suntan oil, fell asleep on the beach, and 2 hours later we woke to an awful burn. We decided to go back home soon after that. We found out that I had 3 degree burns. Being Irsih I got the worst of it. They put me on steriods to reduce the swelling. I was unable to walk due to my feet and legs had swollen so bad. I could not bend my legs. In order to get to the bathroom I sat on a skateboard and was pulled to the bathroom since I was unable to bend my legs or use my arms.
    Today I have all these freckels that I got from that burn that became darker through the use of tanning beds. I had some of them frozen off cause they became risen and black. They just pop up when they feel like it but man are they ugly.
    So would I recommend tanning. On behalf of my experience I would say that being tan is not worth it. You can call me Casper all you want but I
    will continue to use hats and SPF70.
    I have not used a self tanner since that day so I havae no idea what is the best brand these days. There is always the spray on tan.

Jenteal

Old 02-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #3
    BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE
    Veteran

BoOtYLiCiOuSbAbE HB User
    Re: 3rd degree burn and want to tan read plz

i have just started tanning this year.. and never have before (at a salon). ive never gotten a bad sunburn out in the sun.. but i was never out in the sun for TOOO long! the one good thing about tanning @ a salon is that its controlled and you do it gradually so you DONT burn... as long as you go up on your time little by little and don't overdo it.. now its still not GOOD for you. there are some positive effects actually, but there's always the risk of skin cancer and aging of the skin. i still go but i wear lots of tanning lotion to keep my skin moisturized and soft. if self tanner works for you i would do that instead. i just dont like it as much.. it doesnt look the same, smells, and fades quicker.. and every time i shaved my legs (which i have to do almost every day) it would exfoliate and remove the self tanner!! grr! so i would give it a try.. a lot of people on here like st tropez but i have never used it. ive tried toma's tan perfect and neutrogena kind (the foam one), and also a coppertone one... all are smelly that i've used and be careful not to get it on your clothes!!! wear old clothes at first to make sure it doesnt stain!

Closed Thread