It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Anti-wrinkle cream??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
    mistycatt
    (female)

mistycatt HB User
    Anti-wrinkle cream??

Hey Ladies...and Gents...

What is the best anti-wrinkle / prevention cream...

I heard of strivectin and that Oil of Olay 7 effects... I was wondering does any of that stuff work? Has anyone tried any

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2005, 12:56 PM   #2
    joche

joche HB User
    Re: Anti-wrinkle cream??

If you are just looking for wrinkle prevention, sunscreen everyday is the best anti-wrinkle cream. You don't need Strivecin or other anti-wrinkle creams if you don't have any wrinkles currently. They'll be an over-kill for you.

However, I'd use moisturizers that contain strong anti-oxidants which prevent free radical damage to the skin (wrinkles are partly caused by free radical damage). I use Silkia camellia oil which contains Vitamin C & E and polyphenols - a strong antioxidant found in Green Tea. Or look for products that contain this kind of antioxidants. Recently there's a new product on the market called "Prevage" - it's an anti-oxidant cream but very expensive. I'd wait before jumping on the bandwagon.

Old 07-04-2005, 09:20 PM   #3
    Stacia
    (female)

Stacia HB UserStacia HB User

Hello. Not that I am any kind of expert in the skin area. In fact, I sell real estate so I know nothing, however, I use strivectin and it's wonderful. I bought the eye cream first and in all honestly, I have noticed a HUGE difference. I haven't noticed as much of a difference in the face cream. I am a stong believer that one should not wait to get wrinkles and then treat them because by that time it's too late. The whole point of a wrinkle cream (in my little head) is to also help prevent them. Not that any of us can avoid getting wrinkles but I think that using a cream like that now can only help one in the long run.

Good luck.

Stacia

Old 07-04-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
    *DottieGirl*
    (female)

*DottieGirl* HB User

If you want your skin to stay looking young then you should wear something underneath your makeup. I use Clinque products...it can get expensive but Clinque is probably one of the best line of products out there for your money. Use Clinque's dramatically different moisturing lotion after you have rinsed your face in the shower with the clinque rinsing foam (meant to clean off dead skin). Just doing this alone can make a world of difference. Also, Clinque's under the eyes stops wrinkles from appearing, well, under the eyes. The night before (if you have time) you want to use the visibly firm night cream (I use Neutrogena's). During the day use Clinque's repair wear. It's kind of like a sunblock. You can enhance with resilience lift...Clinque's moisture surge is excellent, I highly recommend it. Though it is expensive, I need to go buy another bottle as I am out of it. Also, the Clinque soap will do good for you face. Yes, I do all of this believe it or not. I look mid 20s (at least that's what most people tell me) and I am 33. It's a lot of work, but it can be fun if it's like a healthy hobby. =)

Old 07-05-2005, 05:00 AM   #5
    kittyfairie
    (female)

kittyfairie HB User

Coconut oil is amazing! And without any doubt you need a good broad spectrum sunscreen.

Old 07-08-2005, 03:14 PM   #6
    asti
    (female)

asti HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Anti-wrinkle cream??

I've been using Strivectin SD for 4 months now, both the eye cream and face cream. It is terrific. My wrinkles are smoothing out, even the smile-lines to either side of my mouth. I didn't notice any changes after 6 weeks, but did persevere. (The products are not inexpensive.) I started noticing improvements 3 months into using the eye cream and face cream. The face cream smells like peppermint to me. The packaging said the eye cream was developed since some of the people using it on their face reported problems around the eye area due to the scent formulation. My skin/eye area is not sensitive, but if yours is, the eye cream would be a good investment. I haven't tried the other product you asked about.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:06 PM   #7
    christa32us
    Inactive
    (female)

christa32us HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Anti-wrinkle cream??

My mom uses something from Estee Lauder. Something like lift zone. But she swears by it. She's been using it for a yr. Now I'm 32 and don't have wrinkles at all but I do use Oil of Olay everyday. I use sunscreen alot too. And I do use a clay mask 3 times a wk. which really tightens and firms your skin.

Old 07-12-2005, 07:09 PM   #8
    shirley2
    (female)

shirley2 HB User

hi,

How do you use coconut oil and what does it do for the skin?

Closed Thread