It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Bio-Oil.. & Does ny1 know wat lightens freckles?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-10-2005, 04:47 AM   #1
    chezza-au
    (female)

chezza-au HB User
    Arrow Bio-Oil.

Deleted...

Last edited by chezza-au; 02-09-2006 at 05:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User
    Re: Bio-Oil.. & Does ny1 know wat lightens freckles?

I have freckles too and have tried tons of creams and lotions to no avail. I really believe freckles are very difficult to remove short of laser. But you can use things like AHAs or Vitamin C serum to lighten them - though I doubt they can do a whole lot. Wear sunscreen everyday.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:40 AM   #3
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

You can also have a TCA peel which lightens freckles oftentimes. It did mine, and that's only after 1. I will be having another in about a week and a half and will let you know if they go even lighter or away altogether.

Old 04-19-2005, 11:58 PM   #4
    just_me_2005
    (female)

just_me_2005 HB User

I'm new here after having my first TCA peel yesterday to get rid of my freckles. Right now, my face looks sunburnt and unbelievably, more freckles have appeared. i knew about the sunburn look but didn't know more freckles would appear and don't know if they will go away after the healing process. They'd better disappear because the cost of this peel was like AUD $2000.

My doctor never mentioned this as an after-effect of using the TCA.

Miper, did this happen to you too? I am curious as I've searched all day online for an answer to this and haven't come across any.

Old 04-20-2005, 04:52 AM   #5
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

It is so funny that you mention this because I just had my second TCA peel Monday and my face looks BAD. It looks completely different than the first time. My freckles are dark too and my face is realy, really red this time. I look like someone beat the crap out of me. My husband told me not to go outside...LOL! I was told because I used Renove this time beforehand, it went a little deeper.

Yes, the spots that are on your face get darker, then they just peel away. Don't get me wrong, they don't all just disappear, but you can definitely see a lightening and some of the lighter freckles do disappear completely. Let me know how you're doing.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:00 AM   #6
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

just_me

I used the exact same thing your Doctor used on you yesterday(more than likely or just as good) at a fraction of the cost. I use a 25% TCA that is not mixed with anything else.....pure TCA. Just do a search for pure TCA. There is no need to be paying that kind of money when it is safe to do these at home. They neutralize themselves so you can't leave them on too long. The only thing you can do is get too close to your eyes. All you have to do is put vaseline around your eyes before applying the TCA. Now I know I may have some people argue with me about this, but with backed with enough information and having some background in the medical community, I feel perfectly at ease telling you this.

Old 04-20-2005, 05:49 AM   #7
    just_me_2005
    (female)

just_me_2005 HB User

Thanks for replying miper. My face is looking so bad right now, I even have a bit near my mouth oozing...gross! The new freckles that have appeared really shocked me so I'm really hoping they go away just as quickly as they appeared.

My 2yr old is telling me that my face is yucky I know it will pass and hope she isn't having nightmares about it LOL

I would be too scared to do this at home...it really hurt me and I was surprised I wasn't sedated for it.....maybe I'm just a wus I don't think I'd even be able to buy this product in Australia.

Am off to see the Dr tomorrow so will be bombarding him with a heap of questions and will let you know how it goes.

Wish I'd done a search on message boards before I had this done. I would have known more about what I was letting myself into

Old 04-20-2005, 06:11 AM   #8
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

You will be sooo happy once it's over. Thi sis the hardest part. I feel like I'm stuck indoors and can't do anything, but in another week, I'll e glad I got it over with and happy withthe results. Hopefully, this will be it for me. Sometimes, it takes a few to get the results you want, so don't be surprised if you need another. Do you know what strength he used?

Old 04-21-2005, 10:18 AM   #9
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

How's it going? Started peeling yet?

Old 04-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #10
    just_me_2005
    (female)

just_me_2005 HB User

Didn't get a chance to get online last night...well woke up this morning and instead of looking almost 34, I look 60. My skin got so dry and wrinkly overnight. I've only got some mild peeling atm on my forehead but can see there is alot more about to come.

My dr is happy with the progress. When I asked about the new freckles that seemed to appear, he told me they were in fact very small scabs and that they would disappear. He wants to see me again next Wed for a further check up.

I also asked if I would require another peel and was told I wouldn't. Whatever they (two Dr yesterday) saw, they reckon it will take most of the freckles away and if there were any left it would only be a few which they would then just laser off. Now I don't know how they could possibly see that I would only be left with maybe a few but I guess that's why I'm paying them

They used a 30% strength TCA for me.

How's your face going?

Old 04-21-2005, 04:19 PM   #11
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

Looks like my face is just about ready to crack off.
    I can actually see some very pretty pink skin (where a few freckles used to be) under a section near my mouth. I can't wait to see the results. Please let me know how it turns out for you.
    I hope and pray I don't have to go through this again.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:05 PM   #12
    just_me_2005
    (female)

just_me_2005 HB User

Well this morning I've woken up to some lovely fresh looking pink skin all around my mouth and chin area. Yay...doesn't feel uncomfortable to talk, eat and drink now. Most of it came off when I tried to put some more petroleum jelly on.

I'm still too embarrassed to venture out though so will be confined to the house, I think until the bulk of the peeling has stopped.

How are you today?

Old 04-22-2005, 06:41 PM   #13
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

Same here...mouth area looks good, but waiting on my forehead to "crack". It is sooo uncomfortable when it pulls. I went out for the first time in a week tonight and I won't be doing it again. I felt so weird. I never knew how vain I was...LOL!

Old 04-23-2005, 08:44 PM   #14
    just_me_2005
    (female)

just_me_2005 HB User

I am so thrilled to report that I have the pinkest and freshest looking skin ever I still have some slight peeling near my nose and on my chin but other than that, it's all gone. Most of the skin came off every time I put petroleum jelly on.

I have been plagued all my life with heaps of freckles and now I can count only 3 that didn't completely go. I'm happy to keep these as the rest of my face looks fantastic. Definately the best thing I have ever done and highly recommend it to anyone wanting to get rid of freckles. I don't even care my face still looks pink, I feel great!

I might just get some salon strength glycolic to keep this new skin looking so great.

Now, what can I put around my eye area to clean up there as well? I've been told retina-A is too potent, any ideas? I do have some very feint freckling in that area and would be interested in what you suggest miper.

Not sure what my dr will suggest when I ask him on Wednesday but you seem to be in the know. I have found some salon strength products on ebay in Aust so think I should be able to get my hands onto something not otherwise available to me.

How's your face today? Has most of the peeling gone?

Old 04-24-2005, 05:08 AM   #15
    miper
    Inactive
    (female)

miper HB User

Yes, most of mine is gone...I still have a bit around my left cheek under my eye, and on my forehead, but other than that, it's mostly gone. I agree with you, my skin looks really good. I'm 34 and my skin looks like that of a 24 year old, honestly. I swear it looks like a baby's butt. I couldn't stop rubbing it last night because it's sooooooo soft.

I use Renova....I know it's supposed to be the same as Retin-A, but I have used Retin-A and it made my face dry and red, but I don't have the same reaction to Renova....not really sure why. I also have recently in the past year been using copper peptide and swear it's better than both. I love it. I use emu oil and copper peptide every morning and every evening when I wash my face and it has made a world of difference. I can't say where I got it, but I can say that Dr. Pickart makes it.

Closed Thread