It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Has anyone tried putting castor oil in the hair to help frizz and dryness?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User
    Has anyone tried putting castor oil in the hair to help frizz and dryness?

has anyone heard of putting castor oil in your hair as a treatment for dry or frizzy hair? I was reading on the hair board where this one member did and she said she does it 2 times a week with great results, but she didn't say how. Has anyone tried this? If so how exactly do you do this? I want to try it, I suppose it would be like putting any oil in your hair such as olive oil, etc. But it seems like it would be hard to get out of the hair. I definately don't want to coat my hair with an oil and then it look greasy and hard to wash out. Any ideas/ thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2005, 03:39 PM   #2
    armadillo pie
    Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
    Re: Has anyone tried putting castor oil in the hair to help frizz and dryness?

Castor oil seems awfully thick and sticky, but who knows it could work great for dry hair.
    I use jojoba oil and recently carrot oil ( both are very reasonable in price). The carrot oil is made specifically for hair. The jojoba oil can be used for hair or body. I have had great results with both - better then olive oil, which I use to use on my hair.
    I usually do it on a day when I have nothing going on. I coat my hair with the oil . I do this on dry hair. Then I tie is back and forget about it for awhile. If I can I leave it on overnight- since my hair is frizzy and dry from coloring.
    When I wash it out I do not shampoo twice or do a major cleansing job since that would take away from the treatment. I shampoo lightly once and leave a little residue on my hair. My hair always looks shiny and feels great afterwards. I try to do this as often as possible. I like leaving it on when I am gardening and let the heat of the sun penetate my hair.
    I buy the carrot oil at the drug store and it sometmes is found in the section for African American hair products. It cost a few dollars. The jojoba oil I buy at Trader's Joe's since it is cheaper there.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
    melanie in mary
    Veteran
    (female)

melanie in mary HB User

Thanks For The Info. I Definately Agree With You. I Will Try The Carrot Oil, And Thanks For Your Reply.

Old 04-23-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
    missyou009
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

missyou009 HB User

I used it for awhile in my hair and it was great!But I am African American and I don't know if you are or not,but if you are not it would probably be too much for your hair.I agree that carrot oil is a good alternative.

Closed Thread