It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Facial hair and the Finishing Touch...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
    mrskimpher
    (female)

mrskimpher HB User
    Unhappy Facial hair and the Finishing Touch...

Hey all! Depressing news...Not happy 'bout this...So I've known this for awhile, but I've been really embarrassed. Please give me advice! I've read through lots of the threads, but I need more advice. I have dark skin, so I have dark, thick eyebrows and dark overlip facial hair. I'm going to get a Finishing Touch, but I was wondering...Does it make the hair grow back thicker, faster, or stubbly? I have dark hair, and I've read that it leaves a shadow...can anyone give me advice? I have a limited budget...SO... please help me! =(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User
    Re: Facial hair and the Finishing Touch...

I've heard that it does work, but you have to do it everyday because it is stubbly when it grows out, just like shaving. Well, because it basically is shaving.

Old 05-26-2005, 05:59 PM   #3
    Jelohi
    (female)

Jelohi HB User

I agree wtih the previous poster. For facial hair like that you would probably be better off waxing or using a facial depilatory. Both of those methods will give you finer regrowth, not stubbly.

I do have one of those "finishing touch" type razors & love it for the bikini area and toe hair!

Last edited by Jelohi; 05-26-2005 at 06:00 PM. Reason: thought of more

Old 05-26-2005, 07:30 PM   #4
    Christine88
    (female)

Christine88 HB User

I have one and it works great, just sometimes my skin gets kinda flaky after. I only have to use it once every few weeks, but then agaiun I dont have that bad of hair, and it is light. I think you should try it.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
    fashionfaves
    (female)

fashionfaves HB User

I have a "Forever Free" mini shaver and I love it. I have thick, dark brows and a little bit of upper lip hair and this takes care of it. I even take off the peach fuzz on my cheeks. It sure makes make up look SO much better. I find that I only use this about every two weeks. It's also good for shaving the back of your neck. Shaving doesn't make your hair come back in any thicker, darker or grow any faster. (Thank goodness!) I used to wax but that is very irritating to my skin. I like my "Forever Free" much better.

ff

Old 05-27-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
    mrskimpher
    (female)

mrskimpher HB User
    Lightbulb Re: Facial hair and the Finishing Touch...

Thanks...I'm researching the "Forever Free" thing...sounds good! Thanks for all the advice!!! Hope it works ~mrs kimpher

Closed Thread