It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• What do you think of MAC makeup?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #1
    DoeZ0763
    Veteran
    (female)

DoeZ0763 HB User
    What do you think of MAC makeup?

I've been looking for a new lipstick/gloss that stays on forever...I always used Clinique but they keep discontuing my color...so I just bought some from MAC. Anyone use their products? What do you think of it? Thanks for your thoughts

Last edited by DoeZ0763; 05-30-2005 at 03:15 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2005, 07:45 AM   #2
    tryin2getfit
    (female)

tryin2getfit HB User
    Re: What do you think of MAC makeup?

I love it love it love it! I'm such an addict for MAC products, especiall the lipglasses. They're great and stay on forever.

Old 06-02-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
    vibyd
    (female)

vibyd HB User

MAC makeup is the best. My favorite products are the shadesticks and the entire lipstick line. MAC’s color selection is amazing!

Enjoy.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
    DoeZ0763
    Veteran
    (female)

DoeZ0763 HB User

Well I must say since I used their lipliner/lipgloss it was ok. I don't think it stayed on that long...but it looked nice. I do alot of talking in my line of work so it wears off fast. I also purchased some eyeliner...I didn't care for this at all. Granted I only used it once but at the end of the night it was all over my eyes and I looked like a freak. My face was a little sweaty and maybe that has something to do with it but even when I wore Clinique eyeliner and my face sweat...it at least stayed in place. Any other thoughts

Old 06-03-2005, 01:26 PM   #5
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

I like their lipsticks, eye shadows and bronzers only. I don't like the lipgloss, foundation and loose powder.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #6
    Carina
    (female)

Carina HB User

I am so addicted to MAC makeup. I also love Chanel. I would definitely try it if I were you!

Old 06-04-2005, 06:41 PM   #7
    fashionfaves
    (female)

fashionfaves HB User

Is there a certain target age group for MAC cosmetics? I went to our local MAC counter and asked about a blush that was recommended to me. Each of the young gals working that counter had a customer so I waited for my turn. Two younger customers came up to the counter and got waited on before me so I knew I'd have to say something to be waited on. I did speak up and I was, half-heartedly, waited on. The sales gal could not find the blush I wanted to see on the sample display rack and told me that, "It's around somewhere but I just can't locate it right now." Other younger customers were being enthusiatically helped. This was disappointing service but not esteem melting for me. I just thought, "How stupid! I have something I actually want to buy and I could be a good customer." I'm 54 which is not ancient and, due to great genes, I've been told I look between 38 -42. I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen and how old all of you MAC lovers are. (If you'll tell, that is!! )

Thanks!
    ff

Old 06-05-2005, 08:13 AM   #8
    DoeZ0763
    Veteran
    (female)

DoeZ0763 HB User

It is very funny that you mentioned that...the first time I was ever even standing at the counter for MAC and wanted some info etc...I was ignored and when someone did come over they weren't interested in showing me anything like...but then a few days later I had my 15 yr. old daughter with me and she was looking and we got waited on right away and shown this and that...amazing. The only thing I didn't like is the way they have you apply things and you can't see it right...at least I had a hard time with this. I wore the eyeliner last night at work and it stayed put. Maybe because I was playing ball the first time it was sweated around. I enjoy the lipstick/gloss alot. BTW...I'll be 42 next month.

Closed Thread