It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• When does hair color fade and to what color?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-11-2005, 01:25 AM   #1
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User
    When does hair color fade and to what color?

I got highlights and lowlights and the lowlights are really too dark. When will they fade and what will they fade to? Because under them, there was a brassy brown....will it fade to that or just lighter than what it is?

And what can I use to fade them lighter without making the highlights darker?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 08:47 AM   #2
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
    Re: When does hair color fade and to what color?

Well I have blonde hair, and I got redish - brown lowlights in my hair, and they faded after about a month, pretty much just blended back in with my blonde hair. But then again, I have been told that for some reason my hair just doesn't hold color like most people's, so that is just my experience. Going by that, I would have to say your lowlights may just slowly start to turn into the color you had underneath - but then again, everyone's different! Use salon-quality shampoos/conditioners and styling products for color treated hair and use a UVA protectant spray on your hair to further protect the color from fading.

Old 06-12-2005, 06:38 AM   #3
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

I like Nice and Easy. I try to make the tube of conditoner last. I mix it with another good conditioner and try to use it every other day. It seems to last the longest of any other brand I have tried.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:49 AM   #4
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassie4u22
    Well I have blonde hair, and I got redish - brown lowlights in my hair, and they faded after about a month, pretty much just blended back in with my blonde hair. But then again, I have been told that for some reason my hair just doesn't hold color like most people's, so that is just my experience.
    i have had this same problem. my hair is naturally a very light golden blonde, but for a long time i've wanted darker hair. last xmas, my sister-in-law (a hairstylist) put medium golden brown lowlights all throughout my hair. it was quite the contrast, and i was thrilled! unfortunatley, two weeks later, the lowlights were gone. the year before that, she colored my hair a real dark blonde and added some medium brown lowlights, but that too disappeared within a month.

this fall she wants to experiment with some real dark brown lowlights in my hair, to see if they'll stay a bit longer this time.

Old 06-12-2005, 12:58 PM   #5
    In a tree

In a tree HB User

Rinse your hair in vinegar after you shampoo and then rinse that out with very cold water. This will make your color shiny and last forever. I do this and people compliment my color all the time.

Old 06-13-2005, 10:59 PM   #6
    Abbey32
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Abbey32 HB User

Vinegar fades hair color.

Old 06-14-2005, 07:54 AM   #7
    In a tree

In a tree HB User

Are you asking or stating that vinegar fades hair color? It has worked wonders for me? Of course my stylist does a great job to begin with. An added bonus is that vinegar gets all the residue left from styling products out of your hair. I rinse my hair with it about twice a week and my hair color looks great.

Closed Thread