It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Calling all Bare Minerals Users!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-16-2005, 08:03 AM   #1
    sptn_dean

sptn_dean HB User
    Calling all Bare Minerals Users!

I have a question... I'm an avid Bare Escentuals- Bare Minerals user, and I'm wanting to make a few new purchases.

-Bare Minerals Bisque
    -Bare Minerals Clear Radiance
    -Bare Minerals Glee

Have any of you tried any of these, and if so, what did you think of them? Are there any other Bare Minerals products that you adore (besides the foundation & mineral veil?) Thanks for any guidance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2005, 05:16 PM   #2
    fashionfaves
    (female)

fashionfaves HB User
    Re: Calling all Bare Minerals Users!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sptn_dean
    I have a question... I'm an avid Bare Escentuals- Bare Minerals user, and I'm wanting to make a few new purchases.

-Bare Minerals Bisque
    -Bare Minerals Glee

Have any of you tried any of these, and if so, what did you think of them? Are there any other Bare Minerals products that you adore (besides the foundation & mineral veil?) Thanks for any guidance!
    1. Bisque is my HG concealer. I will, occassionally, use L'Oreal's True Match concealer with my Bisque.
    2. Glee is great as a blush, eyeshadow and...dip your lip balm in it and use as a lipstick.

I also LOVE Warmth. I use it to fine tune my foundation and my Bisque. I can add color when I need it. I thought about buying Summer Bisque but adding some Warmth to my Bisque works great so why spend the money!

Get some small containers (auction sites seem to have lots of the sifter containers) and just start playing by blending your foundation or Bisque and Warmth or Truly or Glee. I've only used Warmth but I know I've read that others have used Truly and Glee. Lots of BE lovers blend for the best foundation color. Have fun!

ff

Old 06-17-2005, 06:35 AM   #3
    sptn_dean

sptn_dean HB User

So it sounds like Bisque is a pretty big staple in your makeup routine... I've heard great things about Clear Radiance and Glee as well. I'm just wondering if it would be a wise move to purchase all three of them.

Old 06-17-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sptn_dean

-Bare Minerals Bisque
    -Bare Minerals Glee

I use all three and then some!
    Clear Radiance is great!!! I use Bisque or just foundation with a small brush to cover any imperfection and then use clear Radiance all over my face. Has a hint of color and makes your skin look great.
    Glee is good too, I use it for blush OR you can mix it with lip gloss.

I also really like True !

I have a rather large collection. My newest indulgence Liquid Loofah!

Old 06-21-2005, 10:25 AM   #5
    maryjom
    Inactive

maryjom HB User

Another vote for the bisque. I got sunburned this weekend only on my nose because I used sunscreen but it didn't work so well on my nose - the bisque covered it right up and it doesn't look powdery or cakey.

Old 06-28-2005, 02:42 PM   #6
    mfuson
    (female)

mfuson HB User

I bought a lot of samples on E-bay and found that I absolutely love the Bare Escentuals line of makeup. I've purchased the full sized Bisque, Foundation, Warmth, Mineral Veil, as well asTruth and Clear Radiance. I just got the Onyx eye liner power today and the eyeliner brush. I use the Bisque to cover the bag under my eyes when I don't sleep well and to cover a little rosecea on my chin. I don't ever plan on being without these products!

Old 06-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #7
    sptn_dean

sptn_dean HB User

Oh, good! I'm glad I haven't read anything negative about them, as I just recieved my order of all three from Sephora today and plan on using them pretty soon here! I'll let you know how I feel about 'em.

Old 06-29-2005, 07:35 AM   #8
    sptn_dean

sptn_dean HB User

Oh, wow, what absolutely fantastic products, seriously! The bisque is quite amazing. A tiny little amount covers amazingly. I was worried that the glee was going to be too mauve-colored for my skin, but I really like that color. Clear radiance just touches things off quite nicely!

Old 06-29-2005, 07:40 AM   #9
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Oh good I'm glad your happy with them!! Love the clear radiance. I have a huge collection be warned it's addictive...
    If you really want a great lip gloss their's is fantastic best I have ever used.
    I also Love the Liquid Loofah it smells like Heaven.

Old 06-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #10
    Lovable~shell
    (female)

Lovable~shell HB User

where can you find this make-up?? i looked for it at sehpora but instead of bare minerals it said bare Escentuals are they the same thing?

Old 06-29-2005, 09:58 AM   #11
    Summer Girl

Summer Girl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lovable~shell
    where can you find this make-up?? i looked for it at sehpora but instead of bare minerals it said bare Escentuals are they the same thing?
    It's the same thing. Only thing is, you have to be careful. Bare minerals contains an ingredient that can cause irriation. I use it and it irritates my skin but it is much better than my liquid foundation.

The most common complaint I read about it is making pores look huge and breakouts. I don't break out with it but it shows my pores huge. Even though I use the mineral veil like the dvd says to do. Anyone have any thoughts of what else I can do to solve this problem. I even use the mineral veil before and after the foundation. It doesn't wear long either. Any thoughts?

Old 06-29-2005, 10:14 AM   #12
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

I haven't noticed the pore thing, maybe I need to look better? I play around with it all the time mixing and matching. Sometimes I do Minieral Veil first and after and sometimes I mix it with the foundation.
    The biggest mistake I made at first was putting too much on. It takes a while to get use to after all those years of caking liquids, creams and powders on. I emailed Leslie's site once and she they said it takes about 15 minutes to "set" into the skin so I try to wait the 15 minutes before putting anymore on. Some times I just take the brush though out the day without applying more makeup and buff it back in that was another tip they gave me?

Old 06-29-2005, 11:34 AM   #13
    Summer Girl

Summer Girl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bell99
    I haven't noticed the pore thing, maybe I need to look better? I play around with it all the time mixing and matching. Sometimes I do Minieral Veil first and after and sometimes I mix it with the foundation.
    The biggest mistake I made at first was putting too much on. It takes a while to get use to after all those years of caking liquids, creams and powders on. I emailed Leslie's site once and she they said it takes about 15 minutes to "set" into the skin so I try to wait the 15 minutes before putting anymore on. Some times I just take the brush though out the day without applying more makeup and buff it back in that was another tip they gave me?
    It shows pores that I didn't know I had. Seriously, it caught me by surprise. Maybe I am using too much? And it does irritate my skin a little.
    I know it is a common problem that other people have also based on reviews I read. I didn't have that problem with my liquid foundation. But I don't want to give this foundation up since the condition of my skin has really improved since I stopped the liquid. I am really impressed as far as that! I was given a list of other mineral makeup companies so I will check into other ones. I am still going to continue using this makeup for now.

Last edited by Summer Girl; 06-29-2005 at 11:35 AM.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:49 PM   #14
    sptn_dean

sptn_dean HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Summer Girl
    It shows pores that I didn't know I had. Seriously, it caught me by surprise. Maybe I am using too much? And it does irritate my skin a little.
    I know it is a common problem that other people have also based on reviews I read. I didn't have that problem with my liquid foundation. But I don't want to give this foundation up since the condition of my skin has really improved since I stopped the liquid. I am really impressed as far as that! I was given a list of other mineral makeup companies so I will check into other ones. I am still going to continue using this makeup for now.
    Yes, I think you may be using too much. My friend wears it and I think that she wears too much and her pores look enlarged. I use much less and I don't think my skin looks "porous," perhaps "dewey" but definitely not porous.

I made the mistake of using too much Warmth when I first started using Bare Minerals (Bare Escentuals is the name of the company, Bare Minerals is the name of the makeup, sorry about the confusion!) I saw myself in a picture and thought I looked orange! I just use it for contouring now.

I used to have very acne-prone skin, and there was not a day that I didn't have at least 5 small blemishes and possibly some bigger ones. I'm convinced that using Bare Minerals (along with some other changes) has improved my skin 100 percent. I will never, ever ever ever use anything different. I swear I sound like an infomercial, but I love this stuff like, more than life.

Old 06-30-2005, 07:58 AM   #15
    blitzkrieg79
    (female)

blitzkrieg79 HB User

Glee is way too pink for me and the Bisque isn't a good match for all skin tones (it's too dark for me). I haven't tried the Clear Radiance yet. You should try Warmth. It's very natural looking.

Closed Thread