It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• PLEASE help I hate my dark circles!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-02-2005, 05:28 AM   #1
    jloabs
    (female)

jloabs HB User
    Exclamation PLEASE help I hate my dark circles!

ok im not bad looking but I have dark circles under my eyes after i suffered from contact aczema (sp?) well i still do sometimes. I hate it so much because people always as me if im tired .. or say "whats wrong with your eyes?" and its not just that but i dont look "healthy" i dont know why!? I would love any feedback im so depressed because of this... im not confident at all around people and i hate taking pictures now...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2005, 04:52 PM   #2
    twokatss
    Inactive
    (female)

twokatss HB User
    Re: PLEASE help I hate my dark circles!

You need to buy yourself a concealer stick. They are like a lipstick. It works real good for me. Try to pick a shade lighter than your skin color. Smudge it over the dark area and use loose powder and a brush to poweder your faface. If you use liquid makeup or whatever I find it wears to thin. The powder sets it. Good luck

Old 07-04-2005, 11:38 AM   #3
    SparkZ

SparkZ HB User

I like almay concealer stick. I put it on then dab it to blend and it workes great.

Old 07-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #4
    kittyfairie
    (female)

kittyfairie HB User

I have dark circles under my eyes too, to a certain extent it can be hereditary. I find keeping my diet as healthy as possible, ie. limit processed foods, sugar salt and caffiene. Exercise and getting enough sleep, but you already knew that. Allergies are definetly a huge culprit for dark circles.

Like the others said, a good concealer will do alot to hide them, but make sure you're not allergic to any of the ingredients.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:42 AM   #5
    1plumppup
    (female)

1plumppup HB User

Hello, have you tried Retin A? It helps me and lessens crows feet.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:17 AM   #6
    fashionfaves
    (female)

fashionfaves HB User

So many of us seem to have this problem! Maybe the answer is to make dark under-eye circles that latest style! Mine are hereditary and I find that I can only do so much with concealer and creams. Nothing completely gets rid of my dark circles but a few things do help. Get enough sleep, exercise and hydration. About a month ago I started to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day and it has made a big difference with my complexion and my overall health. As far as topical treatments, I have had the most success with the ProVectin Plus Advanced Eye Cream which is available in drugstores. As an added bonus to getting rid of some of the darkness under my eyes, this eye cream has also taken care of my wrinkles (Crow's feet) and reduced the crepiness on my lids.

I've not tried this but I just saw a demonstration of the Bare Escentuals Minerals and they have a product called "Well-Rested" that looks like it would help. It has a slightly yellow cast to it and I do know that products with the yellow tones in them do help hide dark circles.

There's been a lot of good advice posted so, hopefully, you now have some answers for your dark circles. Good luck!

ff

Old 07-09-2005, 12:38 AM   #7
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

There's an eye cream called Teamine which is supposed to be quite effective at reducing dark circles. You may want to look into it.

Old 07-09-2005, 01:11 AM   #8
    wherecanibe
    (female)

wherecanibe HB User

Hey I have the same problem and its really bad and I am always looking for solutions. I have to agree with whoever mentioned drinking lots of water...it helps a little plus I have noticed if I exercise on a regular basis that also helps.

I was wondering **Waterlily mentioned teamine - who makes the cream and where is it available.

I usually just use Loreal Visible Eye Cream I think it is called but it doesn't help that much.

--where can i be

Old 07-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #9
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

Teamine is made by Revision Skin Care. I think you can only find it online.

Old 07-18-2005, 11:04 AM   #10
    BrendaStar
    (female)

BrendaStar HB User

I also have dark circles (all my life) I found concelers did not work for me. The best I have tried so far is using Estee Lauder's Full Coverage Make-up. You do not need a concealer - it conceals all. Have talked to some make-up users and they use this as a concealer along with other make up.

Closed Thread