It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• My hair is getting on my nerves.. HELP ME!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User
    My hair is getting on my nerves.. HELP ME!

Hey
    Im getting ready to go back to school.. this is going to be my 1st year in High school.. and you know us girls gotta look our best for school. Well.. my hair is layered.. and it's a little past my shoulders..i have my hair highlighted it's a blondish kind of highlights...and it's got like a soft kind of tone.. my natural haircolor is really dark brown.. and i've been straightening my hair for about 2 years.. and i straighten my hair like every week... because my hair is soooooo thick.. my hair is like wavy kinda striaght.. but it's really messed up! OMG... you guys will get scare if you see my hair when it's normal!... it's frizzy.. man i hate it... i use Pantene pro-V with Amino or something like that.. i have the conditioner too.. and after that i brush my hair out.. and just put some kind of product for the frizz.. and man... my hair.. is dry.. and very puffy... and super thick and frizzy... so i striaghten my hair.. because that's the only way i could wear it down... or any kind of way!...
    is there any way i could get better hair... less frizzy... less thickness... and without havin to striaghten my hair every week... i want silky soft hair... any suggestions on hair products.. or shampoos or anything you guys know... please!!
    please would you guyz help me!!
    i'll really appreciate it!

God Bless you guys!

*~*CiNdY*~*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2005, 01:14 PM   #2
    just_imagine

just_imagine HB User
    Re: My hair is getting on my nerves.. HELP ME!

I know it seems like your hair sucks, but trust me, more girls have hair like yours than you think! My hair is "wavy-straight" too, even curly in some areas, and puffy, dry, etc. But you'd never know it. The huge popularity of the flat iron in recent years has transformed hair, I think. So many of us can fake smooth, shiny hair now... and hey, I'm not complaining

Are you satisfied with your shampoo and conditioner? Are they geared towards your hair type? Can you detangle your hair easily after showering? Do you use a wide-toothed comb to detangle, or a brush... because using a brush on wet hair causes hair to break easier and could lead to extra frizziness. Also, how often do you wash your hair? Try to go longer between washes... I wash my hair every third day, even if it's greasy earlier. I just wear it in a updo when it feels dirty. Trust me, frequent washing is SO drying, and I guarantee you will notice a difference if you wash less often.

What kind of leave-in product are you using to smooth your hair? I'm sure a lot of us here could give you suggestions for products, if you let us know what you use now.

Also, if your hair is super thick and that's a major reason for the puffiness, you could go to a salon and ask about a hair "thinning" technique. I have a friend who has very thick hair also, and she gets her hair thinned every once in a while. It's a special way of layering that won't look choppy, but will make your thick hair a lot more manageable. It sounds kinda scary, but she swears by it, and says it's made a huge difference in her hair. I have very fine hair myself, of medium thickness, so I can't really help too much on that front.

Hope this helped a bit, tell us more about your hair routine and maybe we can suggest products?

Old 07-16-2005, 05:34 PM   #3
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User

Hey!
    Well thanks for helping me with this hairy problem of mine...
    WEll yea i am kinda satisfied with my shampoo and conditioner...
    yes it says: (Daily Moisture Renewal) it's for dry damaged hair.. and helps repair damage... so i think it's towards my type of hair..um.. since my hair is very very very thick.. it gets dangled easily.. and i usually detangle my hair when i put conditioner on... i leave it on for about 1-2 mins and then i get a brush.. it's a simply basics brush.. and i brush it out.. and then i rinse it out.. then when i finish ... i brush it again and i have to detangle it again.. and then i put on some (Fantasia IC hair polisher) it has Aloe &Vitamins
    it Eliminates Frizzies Repairs and shines Dry, Damage hair
    and i washed my hair like around wed. and i was soppose to wash my hair today but i was to lazy... the thing is that i usually was my hair like on the 3rd day... because i get dandruff... my scalp is like dry!

this is what i do... and still my hair is like soo thick and scary!

hopefully this information will help!!

Thankz

~CiNdY~

Old 07-17-2005, 10:16 AM   #4
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User

OKay!
    Is that permanent product called Ogilvie.. will it damage your hair?
    How does it work? because it does sound pretty good! and im plannin to go today to Wal-mart or a drug store..to get it. Yea the thing is that i straighten my hair with revlon straightener it's white and it's got gold plates inside and you could put it to the temperture you want..and i get pretty tired of straightenin my hair every week!

Thanks for helping me you guys!

Old 07-17-2005, 11:24 AM   #5
    beckers

beckers HB User

I'm not sure if it would help but you may want to try taking biotin supplements. biotin is one of the B vitamins and is supposed to be really good for your hair. I tried taking 1500 mcg a day of it and I noticed a difference after about a week. My hair got softer, shinier, and seemed a lot stronger, it wasnt breaking or shedding as much. It may help with your dryness and frizzies

Old 07-17-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User

Hey!
    Thanks.. im going to try it!
    is there is spicific amount that i am soppose to take.. because im kinda young.. or does it say in the bottle?..
    Thanks once again.. hopefully it will help!

~*~CiNdY~*~

Old 07-17-2005, 02:10 PM   #7
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

please dont use any type of chemical hair straightener from the store!!! it will completely ruin your hair. if your hair is already dry and frizzy, it will only dry it out more and cause a lot of breakage.

Old 07-17-2005, 04:01 PM   #8
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User

Well that's the thing... i think it's damaged too much already.. and there's no otherway to make my hair straight.. smooth. silky.. less thick..and especially less frizzy!

By straightenin my hair.. it makes it straight.. and smooth.. and ect...

what should i do?

Old 07-17-2005, 09:48 PM   #9
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

my hair is the same way. kind of straight, kind of wavy, kind of curly, very frizzy and puffy. i used to flatiron my hair every day just to tame it. i also used pantene every day. what a mistake!! last winter my hair was so fried and damaged.

now, i work with what nature gave me. especially since its summer, i play up my waves. first off, toss out the pantene!! you probably have so much build-up in your hair that it cant do anything but be puffy. get a good clarifying shampoo, i prefer the kiwi lime one from vo5. clarify once a week and use a deep conditioner. aussie's 3 minute miracle deep is what i like best. i dont know how often you wash your hair, but i washed my oily hair every day. but now i've stopped doing that. i wash every few days and my hair has never been healthier! try to cut down on the heat styling too. thats where the waves come in. get a good serum. i use sleek & shine by garnier. its very light so its difficult to use too much. after washing, use a wide tooth comb to get the tangles out, not a brush! after detangling, smooth some serum through your hair and scrunch. also to help the waves from getting frizzy, i use garnier surf hair mixed with the serum. just a TINY bit works wonders. and the less you touch your hair after scrunching, the better! if your hair goes limp at this point, you could blowdry it, but use a diffuser on your hair dryer and dry on low heat with your head flipped upside down. it takes a while, but when i do it this way, i get great waves. i also get many compliments!

i dont know if all of this will help you, as everybody's hair is different. but i hope it helps a little.

Old 07-17-2005, 09:50 PM   #10
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

i also forgot to add... if you're going to continue to straighten your hair with a flatiron, you should use a product to protect it from heat. vo5 just came out with their miracle mist. i've tried it and it seems pretty good. but the garnier serum works really well too. that will cut down on a lot of the damage from the heat of the flatiron.

Old 07-18-2005, 08:04 PM   #11
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User
    Arrow Re: My hair is getting on my nerves.. HELP ME!

Hey!
    Wow! Thanks for the advice.. im sooo gonna try that.. hopefully it will work!
    are those products exprensive... i have that Garnier Fructis sleek and shine anti-frizz serum... it smells so good! but then i stopped using it cause my sister finished the whole bottle..i kinda got mad.. but yea that was kinda working for me.. but since i really didn't use it that much!

yea i was kinda noticing that pantene shampoo don't work at all!
    today i washed my hair and i used Infusim 23.. something like that!
    I have the shampoo...and conditioner..and a leave in conditioner.. it's works good! i tried scrunching my hair today... im not really good at it... but this is what i did today!

*i washed my hair with that shampoo
    *when i put conditioner on.. i left it on like for about 2 mins.. then with a wide paddle brush.. detangled my hair
    *rinsed it out
    *when i finished i wrapped a towel around my hair
    *i brushed it out again with the same brush...
    then i put gel on.. it's called ("la bella" lots of curls styling gel srunch&set
    extra hold 8.. )it's pink!
    *i srunched my hair.. and that's it!
    i was gonna put hair spray on.. but like always my little sister used it all!
    and then later on.. my hair dried out.. and got puffy....and i put it in a ponytail!

what did i do wrong??
    ohh well!
    thanks for everything!
    ~*~CiNdy~*~

Old 07-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #12
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

you went wrong by using a brush. even a wide paddle brush when hair is wet will cause lots of puffiness and frizz. switch to a wide tooth comb. also, i find that using a serum produces much better results than a gel. i've tried so many different curling gels but they all made my hair go limp. serums give me nice bouncy waves.

Old 07-19-2005, 03:38 PM   #13
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User

Oh.. okay...
    im going to try it then!
    Thanks.. i always thought that it didn't damage your hair..
    but imma try it!
    will it work good if i try to make some curls with a big curl iron?
    thanks

Love always
    ~*~CiNdY*~*

Old 07-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #14
    slaghorn
    (female)

slaghorn HB User

cindy,

your hair sounds exactly like mine. honestly, i have enough hair on my head for four or five people!! BIG, and FRIZZY. i've hated my hair for as long as i can remember, tried nearly everything known to tame/smooth it, put chemical straighteners on my hair for the last 15 years.....nothing has worked.

about three months ago i got some paul mitchell super skinny shampoo and conditioner and started using it ONLY--no more drugstore brands with all the harsh chemicals and such. you would not believe the difference. my hair has been SO much softer and "smaller", lol. about a month ago i got some of the super skinny serum and started using it--EVEN BETTER!!!

i have been so excited over finding these products, just thought i would share with you.

Old 07-19-2005, 08:41 PM   #15
    Cindy4u
    (female)

Cindy4u HB User

Hey
    thanks for your advice..
    yup.. just like my hair..
    well.. i have so much hair.. that it seems like i have dead bodies in there or something.. man im serious!

i know there's lots of people that have been telling me that, Paul Mitchell is a good product! where do they sell it? do they sell it at wal-mart or something?
    What's does it say in the bottle?

do you recommend to get the entire product?
    like the shampoo&conditioner and the serum.. and ect...

how much is it? is it expensive?
    well..
    just keep me posted please
    thanks for everything!
    Bless you

LuV aLwAyZ: ~*cInDy~*

Closed Thread