It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Sunless tanning lotion vs. spray

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2005, 08:04 AM   #1
    boarderchic
    (female)

boarderchic HB User
    Sunless tanning lotion vs. spray

Hey everyone,
    I was just wondering what is a really good sunless tanning lotion to get brown. I don't want something like jergens were you have to wait a week, and it is very subdud, I want a tan, not just alittle color. Also would you recommend a spray or lotion, which is better. I used lotions before, and I always feel like spots are going to be darker, or I miss spots, it just seems like spray would be easier, but I am worried about the color. Any help on sunless tanning would be great.
    Thanks,
    boarderchic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2005, 01:18 PM   #2
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Re: Sunless tanning lotion vs. spray

I think lotions would be less messy.. but probably will take longer to dry/apply! I don't recommend a foam.. it smells the worse and the one I have would LOOK dark (it was Neutrogena Instant Bronze) but then it would all wash off and be too light!! I used to use Coppertone Endless Summer in the light/medium and remember it showing up a lot.. I'd like to try the dark colored one now since I am looking for the same thing as you! I've been going to a tanning salon meanwhile but hope to stop soon so I can keep my skin safer!! Let me know if you try anything.. I want to try the Loreal ones.. they have that misting spray one.. I wonder if that's any good!

Old 08-09-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
    boarderchic
    (female)

boarderchic HB User

Hi tUrRrRa,
    thanks for the reply, I just bought the loreal sublime and the jergens in the medium, I was to scared to get the spray, I don't know why, but I just don't trust them, I think the color would be bad. I didn't like the jergens, I wanted instant bronze, I'm very impatient. The loreal sublime was great. I even put it on my back myself and it still looks good, love the color too a nice dark tan, and it stays for awhile to. Thanks again.
    -boarderchic

Old 08-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
    twokatss
    Inactive
    (female)

twokatss HB User

I do not like sprays. Hard to control and will stain carpet or towels. I love tanning towels. Get a good even tan and not messy. Dry instantly. If you live in Canada you can get them at Shoppers Drug mart. Sometimes Walmart has them. Or the Shopping channel too. Shoppers is the cheapest.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #5
    mary777
    (female)

mary777 HB User

Well, to tell you the truth Jergens lotion did give me a dark tan. I'm fair skin toned so I went straight and bought the darkest tan lotion and within a few days I got the nicest darkest tan I have ever had. You should be patient and give it a second try. Be careful not to try stronger and different products where they can cause cancer, make sure when you apply this tanning lotion not to get under the sun. If it worked for me it can work for you. Remember to buy the darkest Jergens. I believe it's the 3rd darkest lotion they have.

Old 08-09-2005, 07:55 PM   #6
    mary777
    (female)

mary777 HB User
    Wink Re: Sunless tanning lotion vs. spray

Well, to tell you the truth Jergens lotion did give me a dark tan. I'm fair skin toned so I went straight and bought the darkest tanning lotion, and within a few days I got the nicest darkest tan I've ever had. You should be patient and give it a second try. Be careful not to try stronger and different products where they can cause cancer, make sure when you apply this tanning lotion not to get under the sun. If it worked for me it will work for you. Remember to buy the darkest Jergens. I believe it's the 3rd darkest lotion they have. Don't give up.

Last edited by mary777; 08-09-2005 at 07:58 PM.

Old 08-09-2005, 10:58 PM   #7
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

boarderchic, what kind of sublime bronze did you get? Did you try the gel? I have a friend that I think tried that and liked it! Also did it get on clothes? I would worry that if I am outside in hot weather it would rub off on a white bra or something.

Old 08-10-2005, 01:45 AM   #8
    Audrey-B
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

A few months ago i tried Loreal Sublime Bronze self-tanning spray. It was amazingly easy to spray, only i'd recommend wearing gloves (i bought those tight fitting surgical type gloves, which made things easier). I applied it one evening and it dried instantly and by the next morning i saw colour. So the next evening i decided to go darker still. As this was my first ever go at self tanning i decided to give it the 'bit by bit' approach, till i'd reached the colour i liked. Next time i'll know how much to use. I found it stayed on for a good while too, longer than a salon tan i had had professionally done, which all but washed off the following morning (was i mad!!!!!).
    Nobody even noticed my salon tan, but the Loreal one which i'd applied on my own everyone noticed and complimented me on it.

Next i'm going to try the Ambre Solaire no streks Bronzer and see how that one goes. Has anybody else tried this one?

Old 08-10-2005, 06:57 AM   #9
    boarderchic
    (female)

boarderchic HB User

Thanks everyone, maybe I will try the spray, sounds easier. I didn't get the gel in the loreal sublime, I got the instant color one, it was easier to put on, you saw a tan right away.

Closed Thread