It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• nose piercing

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-06-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
    greengodess
    (female)

greengodess HB User
    Question nose piercing

Hey all, I just got my nose pierced and am having a slight problem. When the guy pierced by nostril he put in a nose screw that had been shaped into an L. So the wire goes through my nose and then the rest points back into my nostril cavity. My problem is that its waayy back in there and is really irritating. It just seems much too long. The actual piercing is great its just this piece sticking back into my nose. The guy who did it said I just need to get used to it but I dont think so. I was just wondering if I could shorten it? Or maybe I could switch jewelry. If Im really careful will it still cause a bump or infection? I just dont know what to do and Im not looking forward to waiting for it to heal, but I love the piercing! Help!!

Last edited by greengodess; 08-06-2005 at 08:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
    armadillo pie
    Veteran

armadillo pie HB User
    Re: nose piercing

I had my nose pierced a long time ago and I remember the discomfort at first. I had a thin gold wire that was L shape hold the nose ring in. There was no screw at the end. It stayed by itself. It was not that long and a little uncomfortable at first but I got use to it.
    I would see if you could either shorten it or get another nose ring with this type of backing. Go to an shop from India where they have nose rings. That is what I had and also had mine pierced in India.
    I would not take your ring out until it heals. It could cause scarring or infection and it will be painful to put another one in. So wait till it is totally healed.

Old 08-08-2005, 06:18 AM   #3
    sptn_dean

sptn_dean HB User

Don't change your jewelry prematurely. I used to have a nose piercing and I waited about 4 or 5 months to change it and a layer closed up right in the 10 seconds that I tried to put the other jewelry in. It may be uncomfortable, but you will get used to it. As long as it is not too tight it will be fine.

Old 08-08-2005, 10:14 AM   #4
    Ms_ENV27
    Veteran
    (female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

My nose is peirced right now, it has been 3 years and it still closes up right away! ...I don't know the guy would of put an L shaped nose stud into your nose, that is just stupid. I would suggest buying a stud that has a little ball at the end. I wouldn't change it quite yet though, seems quite soon.

You can look at different nose studs/rings at smoke shops, and places where you got your nose peirced...

Last edited by Ms_ENV27; 08-08-2005 at 10:15 AM.

Closed Thread