It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Waxing "Down There"

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-09-2005, 05:47 PM   #1
    Whelmed
    (female)

Whelmed HB User
    Waxing "Down There"

I'm planning on waxing "down there" myself, as I already do my own eyebrows and legs. Any tips or suggestions would be wonderful! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2005, 12:59 AM   #2
    Kathie34
    (female)

Kathie34 HB User
    Re: Waxing "Down There"

Hi there,

I am assuming here you are meaning a Brazillian Wax? If so I have had one now for about two years and could never go back. To start with I had it done professionally for about the first 6 months, then started doing it myself. If it is a Brazillian you are thinking of doing, I would recommend getting it done professionally the first couple of times, because it does become less painful as time goes on, and the first wax is the most painful of the lot. If someone else is doing the work it does take away the anxiety of 'if I pull this now it is going to hurt!'. Beauty Therapists have the knack of knowing which way the hair grows, where to hold the skin taut, etc and how to make it less painful for the client. In the first couple of sessions you will be able to learn the technique and then continue on doing it yourself. Good luck!

Old 08-21-2005, 12:43 AM   #3
    d90210
    (female)

d90210 HB User

i agree, you should DEFINATELY!! get someone else to do it the first couple of times. It is not like your legs or eyebrows! I thought I wax everything else bymyself, this isnt anydifferent, boy was i wrong! I couldnt even yank off the 1st strip, i got half way and then had to figure out another way of getting this thing off! (had to soak in warm water...) its way better to have someone else do it the 1st few times till it is a bit desensitized. its worth the extra money

Old 08-21-2005, 01:42 PM   #4
    W3IGHTL0SS
    Inactive
    (female)

W3IGHTL0SS HB User

I've had it done, but only once, because it hurt pretty ****ing bad. I had someone else do it for me... as I had them do my legs, and eyebrows as well... oh and the part where you grow a mustatche... or whatever.

Closed Thread