It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• nose piercings...nightmares and postive stories?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2005, 07:47 PM   #1
    Piranna65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Piranna65 HB User
    nose piercings...nightmares and postive stories?

Hello all!

I just got my nose pierced today. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, ive been holding off and then today I just said forget it, and went with a friend to have it done!

Anyway I was told there could/would be some bleeding some people do some done. The girl I went with already had hers done a year or so ago and her's bled, mine did too for a little bit. Nothing bad.

I'm wondering if any of you have any horror stories or positive stories of healing or anything with your nose ring that I have to 'look' forward too

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 04:49 AM   #2
    tigger_girl76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tigger_girl76 HB User
    Re: nose piercings...nightmares and postive stories?

I have a couple of friends at work who have their noses pierced. Neither of them have horror stories although they have been told once the rings come out for whatever reason they'll be left with a noticable scar on their nose.

My cousin had her nose and belly button pierced and caught an infection in both places. She's since given up on piercings.

Personally I think you take a risk with whatever you decide to do whether it be piercings or tattoos. I was told numerous "horror stories" about getting a tattoo done but I still ended up getting 4 done. I love them and as long as you go to a reputable place that looks clean and sterile I think you'll be alright. People love to tell horror stories about this or that.

Enjoy your new piercing. You're braver than I am! I love tattoos but can't bring myself to get my belly button pierced. Weird I know..*lol*

Take care hun!

Nicole

Old 08-27-2005, 05:29 AM   #3
    Piranna65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Piranna65 HB User

I have been tattoo'd 3 times myself and this was my 3rd body piercing i have a total of 10 piercings if you count my ears.

I dont think the "scar" on the nose will be that noticable really. I didnt think to ask but he didnt mention it, and the girl i went with had both nostrils done at one point and has since let one close and she doesnt seem to have one. The nose is cartilage just like your ears but thicker? I guess I dont have to worry about that part yet haha.

and if you can handle a tattoo you can handle any piercing almost I should say hehe.

Old 08-27-2005, 07:00 AM   #4
    tigger_girl76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

That's exactly what friends keep telling me..if I can handle tattoos I can handle a piercing. I definately want to give it a try at some point.

I've only ever seen a couple people with the nose piercing "scar". It didn't look like much to me. Maybe the place where my two friends went to had a policy where they had to warn them on the possibility of a scar once the piercing comes out.

Nicole

Old 08-27-2005, 10:41 AM   #5
    Piranna65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Piranna65 HB User

well i can see why it could i suppose...but i guess thats part of the deal. I mean tattoo's are kinda the same but a little bit more 'perminant' haha

Old 08-27-2005, 11:29 AM   #6
    tigger_girl76
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Yeah tattoos are definately more permanant than a tiny little scar left over from a piercing. Oh well..you only live once!

Old 08-28-2005, 10:48 PM   #7
    PinkCherryCream
    (female)

PinkCherryCream HB User

I have 3 in my nose - 1 in each nostril and 1 in my septum and they are all great. The first one I got pierced in my left nostril when I was 15 and that was the only one that would get infected off and on just because I was very lazy back then and didn't clean it properly like I should have. It even got a little keloid like bump on it, but I used Tea Tree oil, Betadine, Bactarin and regular salt soaks and the bump completely disappeared, the infection totally cleared up and the piercing finally healed. The other 2 I had absolutely zero problems with and they healed up super fast. All 3 of them are perfect now, no problems. I think the nose piercing is a really easy piercing to take care of. If you clean it like you should, it will heal rather quickly.

I'll also add that when I take my nose jewelry out, you can't even tell that I've had anything done - the holes are that small. Especially when I dab a little powder on them, they seem to disappear and you truly can't tell I have any nose piercings.

Take care!!

Antoinette

Old 08-29-2005, 09:49 AM   #8
    Ms_ENV27
    Veteran
    (female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

I have had my nose peirced for a little over 3 years. I just have the stud, no ring. Once in a while it will get sore for no reason then it will go away. It's easy to clean. Whenever I take my nose stud out it closes up right away still...that's all I can think of! Good luck...

Old 08-29-2005, 11:13 AM   #9
    Piranna65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Piranna65 HB User

Well Mine has been healing exceptionally well. I cant even feel it. It's not sore or anything. The redness is going away and I have been cleaning it twice daily. It doesnt help that I have a cold right no =( but it's doing well.

Nocole, what do you mean when you take the stud out it closes right away? I also have a stud not a hoop? When i had it pierced the piercer said they pierce it bigger so it can heal and breath properly? I think it pierced it with a 14 or 16guage needle? I know I have a 16g nose stud in? Is this what all of you have?

Old 08-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #10
    Divation
    Veteran
    (female)

Divation HB User

I got mine pierced a little over a year ago but took it out only 6 months later.

Nothing on me ever heals right. Both of my ear piercings would always get infected so I gave up on those when I was very young. And even though I went through the piercing knowing this probably wouldn't last long, I did it anyway. But I did have lots of problems with mine so that's why I took it out. There's like no scar either. You wouldn't even know that I had my nose pierced. Then I got my belly button done and even though this one will never heal correctly either, I still keep it in because I never really take it out. lol.

Old 08-29-2005, 05:10 PM   #11
    Piranna65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Piranna65 HB User

wow, im glad i dont have your problem diva. I have a total of seven ear piercings my navel, nipple and now the nose.

How do some of you develope that bump? Nobody that I know around here has had a bump? When some of you are getting it done are they using a hallowed out needle? I know when I had my cartilage pierced when i was 15 i had a bump there and after talking to a piercer at a shop they told me it's because of the tissue that gets left in the piercing or something along the lines of that? I have had no issues with mine really...no bump forming at all?

Old 08-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #12
    Ms_ENV27
    Veteran
    (female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Piranna65
    Well Mine has been healing exceptionally well. I cant even feel it. It's not sore or anything. The redness is going away and I have been cleaning it twice daily. It doesnt help that I have a cold right no =( but it's doing well.

Nocole, what do you mean when you take the stud out it closes right away? I also have a stud not a hoop? When i had it pierced the piercer said they pierce it bigger so it can heal and breath properly? I think it pierced it with a 14 or 16guage needle? I know I have a 16g nose stud in? Is this what all of you have?
    Well, one night my nose stud fell out and I had to wait until the morning to replace it. By the morning the hole was already basically closed and I had to push the stud back through...ahh that hurts

Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 AM   #13
    NodiGoiterGirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NodiGoiterGirl HB User

I got a bump on my left ear after trying to pierce it myself in highschool. Used a sewing needle. It ended up really bad because when I poked it through the exit hole was too close to the edge of my ear.
    I had an earring in it for a while then took it out and it left a bump.
    I don't even know why I did it, my other "professional" piercings always get infected anyway.
    Oh well, not that worried about it now.
    Nodi

Old 08-30-2005, 10:34 PM   #14
    Piranna65
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Piranna65 HB User

okay? I havent had any issues with bumps other then my cartilage and that was done at like some little store that does normal ear piercing. So when I spoke to a "real" piercer in a shop they said it wouldnt have had a bump like that if i would have done it through them with a hollow needle. I no longer have that bump fyi.

Thanks again.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:59 AM   #15
    Dani Girl 78
    Veteran
    (female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

I've had my nose pierced for about 6mths and my tongue pierced for about 2yrs and my tatoo for 2.5yrs. The nose was a bit painful when I got it done, the guy was right handed and I wanted the right side pierced. Then I tried to switch out the screw too fast and I really ****** it off and it got really infected, but then I almost ripped it out on a rollercoaster and it was fine, the infection was gone the next day...that is a bit wierd. It still gets a bit sore and still gets some crunchies aound it, but other than that no real big problems.

I have a question for you all. I put a bone stud in and I know that the hole has closed up around it, so now how do I change it out? (the little jewel fell out of it's spot so I have an ugly stud now) I don't want to rip it out. I'm sure that would hurt like a sonofab*tch. I've thougth about cutting the top part of and then finding another straight stud (one that is the same width all over) to replace it. So just give me some ideas please.

Thanks
    Dani

Closed Thread