It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Can anyone offer advice on Merle Norman? Any other suggestions?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
    klo289
    (female)

klo289 HB User
    Can anyone offer advice on Merle Norman? Any other suggestions?

I am having a horrible time finding foundation that doesn't leave a pink or orange line where the foundation ends. It is all either too cakey or not enough coverage. I was thinking of trying Merle Norman. If you use it, or have used it, please give me your advice. I tend to have breakouts, and my pores seem to stay clogged, I have been using Clinique. I have been unhappy with it for a while, and recently switched to their superfit, but it seems to make me look worse. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 04:53 PM   #2
    jill30
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jill30 HB User
    Re: Can anyone offer advice on Merle Norman? Any other suggestions?

I love, love. love Merle Norman makeup. I am 32 and have been using it since I was 15. It is not heavy or orange looking, it covers great for acne scars red and brown marks. I always get compliments on what great skin I have. If they only knew that my skin does not look good when my makeup is off. People think that I just wear eyeliner and mascara. Thats how natural this makeup looks. I highly recommended it.

Old 08-30-2005, 07:56 PM   #3
    Dog lover
    (female)

Dog lover HB User

jill30,
    which formula do you use?I like a full coverage foundation.

Old 08-31-2005, 05:40 AM   #4
    jill30
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jill30 HB User

I use Luviva Ultra Powder foundation and Merle Norman Cover Up in the squeeze tube.

Old 09-03-2005, 04:07 AM   #5
    hanelo4
    Inactive
    (female)

hanelo4 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by klo289
    I am having a horrible time finding foundation that doesn't leave a pink or orange line where the foundation ends. It is all either too cakey or not enough coverage. I was thinking of trying Merle Norman. If you use it, or have used it, please give me your advice. I tend to have breakouts, and my pores seem to stay clogged, I have been using Clinique. I have been unhappy with it for a while, and recently switched to their superfit, but it seems to make me look worse. Please help!

I don't use Merle Norman anymore, but I did use it for about 15 years before I switched. I changed because I sweat a lot and I needed something that was waterproof, but when I did use Merle Norman I loved it. I always got so many compliments on my makeup. I also agree with the posters here, go in and let them help you match your skin. It will be worth it.

Also, blending makeup onto your neck will stop that ugly line from appearing.

Chantel

Closed Thread