It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Way Too Young For Lines and Wrinkles :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2005, 12:43 PM   #1
    RiotGirl00
    (female)

RiotGirl00 HB User
    Unhappy Way Too Young For Lines and Wrinkles :(

Sorry, this is probably gonna be kinda long..but I need some suggestions.

Recently I've realized that I've been developing fine lines on my face... and I'm only 19!
    I have two on my forehead and two around the corners of my mouth. I guess I wrinkle my forehead more than I should...and the other two are from smiling or something.
    I'm like trying to make less facial expressions now because I don't want these ugly lines to be worse. Sometimes they're not visible and other times as soon as I make a facial expression they come back!
    The worst part is that I can't even smile anymore because it makes it sooooo much worse. Ugh!

I've noticed one line on my forehead when I was in high school a couple of years ago (probably because I used to smoke a lot). Then after a while that line completely went away. Sometimes it'd come back, but I'd just put some lotion on it and it was gone. It was probably from dry skin or something.
    But now this awful line has come back and has a friend...

Here are a few things that are probably contributing to my issue:
    1.) I don't drink a lot of water. Maybe 2-3 glasses per day. Definitely not enough, I know. So I guess I need to drink more.
    2.) I drink caffeine...not a lot. Occasionally I have a Pepsi or something. So that shouldn't be a huge issue.
    3.) I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables as I should. Recently, however, I've been eating a lot more, yet this wrinkle problem is getting WORSE!!
    4.) I smoke occasionally. Not every single day, and not more than like a cigarette when I do. But I know A LOT of people who smoke like a pack per day and still don't have any skin problems.
    5.) I drink/party at least once every week.
    6.) Recently I've been suffering from insomnia. I can't fall asleep before 4-5am, and then I end up sleeping late in the afternoon (1-2pm). On top of the fine lines, I've developed bags under my eyes too.
    7.) I wear make-up almost daily. I have bad skin because the color is uneven in some areas, and my pores look ugly no matter how clean my skin is...I guess it's genetic because my mom has huge pores too . So I have to wear make-up to cover these imperfections.

Though I know all those things listed about probably contribute A LOT to my problem, these lines still shouldn't be as bad as they are.
    Recently they've been getting way worse to the point where I just can't make any facial expressions (lol).

I've been using this anti-aging lotion and some other stuff that's supposed to "tighten pores." I apply either one or both before putting on make-up, and before I go to bed. It makes the lines to away, so in the morning I wake up without the lines. But as soon as I wash my face they come back. It's so awful, ugh!
    I don't know what else to do.
    I guess I can try drinking more water, eating healthier, quitting bad habits, and sleeping better. I feel that my recent sleeping issues are probably the biggest cause because I've never had sleeping problems before..and therefore never really had these fine lines. But now that I can't sleep I've noticed the lines getting worse and worse.

Sorry this is long, but I really don't wanna have wrinkles at 19. That's insane. My mom is like 53-ish and she has like 4 wrinkles on her face.
    Is there anything else I can do to help get rid of these? I'm hoping that a few health changes will do the trick.
    Also, I've recently read about this Silkia Camellia oil on this board. That's supposed to get rid of lines, right?
    First of all, what is it? Is it a oil or a creme or what?
    Where can I get it?
    How much does it cost per jar or tube..or whatever it comes in?
    [If anyone can please suggest a store or some other place I can get it at (if it's worth getting). Please don't suggest e-Bay or something similar because I can't buy stuff online. I've had some REALLY bad experiences with that...ordering stuff, paying for it, and never getting the product. I don't wanna waste my money like that. ]

Thanks!

P.S. I don't go to tanning salons or expose my skin to the sun very much at all. So I know that's not an issue.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2005, 02:16 PM   #2
    joche

joche HB User
    Re: Way Too Young For Lines and Wrinkles :(

Making changes to your living habits is definitely the first step towards better looking skin. Quit smoking if you can. I've noticed many people who smoke have large pores ... not sure if it's just coincidental. Bad sleeping habit is the worst enemy to the skin. For me, even one night of bad sleep makes my skin look aweful.

I also got pretty deep forehead wrinkles at around 19 ... I think caused mostly by expressions and sun damage. They totally vanished after using the Silkia camellia oil for 4 months. I had tried many other creams before and none came close to giving me this kind of result.

It's an oil, but not oily or greasy as what we may think. It's very light and soaks in fast. Just blot with a tissue if you apply too much. I think it's only available online. I've purchased a couple of times and have never had any problems.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
    supercel
    (male)

supercel HB User

your not too young lol.. im only 16 and i have fine lines.. ive been using silkia camellia oil for 2 months and its pretty much gotten rid of 2 of the lines.. i still have 2 more left though.. one of them is kinda deep but not near as deep as it was a few months ago and the other lines is only about an inch long.. along with the forehead lines i just started developing lines under my eyes too this summer.. that absolutely ****** me off.. im hoping the silkia will help with that too.. but you should definently stop smoking, and drink more water.. and get to sleep on time( this was a problem for me too until lately)

Old 08-31-2005, 02:29 PM   #4
    RiotGirl00
    (female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

Thanks!
    I definitely have to make a lot of changes.
    I don't have a proble with smoking. I quit long ago and now I just do it occasionally in like social settings or something..with friends. But I have to cut that out completely.
    I'm also trying to sleep better since I start school next week...So hopefully by then I'll establish some type of a routine and be able to fall asleep earlier.

And I guess I'll have to look around for this oil. If I can't find it anywhere then I'll resort to getting some offline.
    Thanks again.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:36 PM   #5
    RiotGirl00
    (female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by supercelebs
    your not too young lol.. im only 16 and i have fine lines.. ive been using silkia camellia oil for 2 months and its pretty much gotten rid of 2 of the lines.. i still have 2 more left though.. one of them is kinda deep but not near as deep as it was a few months ago and the other lines is only about an inch long.. along with the forehead lines i just started developing lines under my eyes too this summer.. that absolutely ****** me off.. im hoping the silkia will help with that too.. but you should definently stop smoking, and drink more water.. and get to sleep on time( this was a problem for me too until lately)
    Yea, I've seen people younger then me (your age) with lines...mainly because they tan too much.
    Smoking is terrible for skin for sure, but I'll kick that habit asap. Don't want my skin to get any worse. And I really do gotta drink more water. I guess that's everyone's problem.
    I hate it how one day my skin looks fine (like today) and then the next it looks horrible. Probably because I drank more water yesterday.

Those lines under your eyes are most definitely caused by the sun, and I see a lot of people with that problem. Just make sure you put lotion or sun screen or something around that area. It's way sensitive.

I'll have to look into getting that oil.

Old 08-31-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
    supercel
    (male)

supercel HB User

well i dont go into the sun more than the average person and i never tan.. i guess i could be getting a lot of sun exposure from playing sports and things like that.. the oil im using is supposed to get rid of or diminish sun damage lines by a lot.. i would use a sun screen every day.. but i was reading that most sun screens are actually bad for you in long term because most contain octinoxate which has shown to have estrogen effects or something.. and the only sun screens that are realy safe are ones that only contain either zinc or titanium dioxide as the active ingredient

Old 08-31-2005, 06:44 PM   #7
    RiotGirl00
    (female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

Hm, I didn't know that.
    I don't really use sunscreen anymore since I hardly ever go out in the sun. I've burned severely one too many times..don't wanna risk anything.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #8
    supercel
    (male)

supercel HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotGirl00
    Hm, I didn't know that.
    I don't really use sunscreen anymore since I hardly ever go out in the sun. I've burned severely one too many times..don't wanna risk anything.
    if you have burned a lot.. that could be one of the reason for your lines maybe.. if you burn a lot it sounds like you have fair skin.. fair skin is at risk to photoaging more than any other skin type.

Old 09-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #9
    RiotGirl00
    (female)

RiotGirl00 HB User

I haven't been in the sun in at least 3 years.
    Last time I burned it was mainly my body, not so much my face... I protected that part.
    And the lines have only appeared in the recent couple of weeks.
    It seems that lotion and drinking water helps. I guess I just have dry skin.

Closed Thread