It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• I think I look like a hooker...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2005, 12:14 PM   #1
    Dani Girl 78
    Veteran
    (female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User
    I think I look like a hooker...

when I have on too much makeup, I think that eyeliner and lipstick is too much. But my sis is really into makeup and is thinking about going to school for it tells me that I look great (she loves to do my makeup) but I feel like a hooker. I feel like I'm painted. My husband doesn't like me to look too made up, he says that I look fine made down. The problem is that I want a new look, I'm tired of the same old me. I need a make over...but of course I can't afford a real one. So ladies if you would please give me some tips on how to make me feel pretty but not too made up I would appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 12:35 PM   #2
    ShawnaS

ShawnaS HB User
    Re: I think I look like a hooker...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dani Girl 78
    when I have on too much makeup, I think that eyeliner and lipstick is too much. But my sis is really into makeup and is thinking about going to school for it tells me that I look great (she loves to do my makeup) but I feel like a hooker. I feel like I'm painted. My husband doesn't like me to look too made up, he says that I look fine made down. The problem is that I want a new look, I'm tired of the same old me. I need a make over...but of course I can't afford a real one. So ladies if you would please give me some tips on how to make me feel pretty but not too made up I would appreciate it.
    If you don't wear much makeup now, then it is only natural to feel made up or like a hooker when you have it piled on. Ultimately you have to find what makes you feel pretty. How about having your sister practice different techniques. Try lighter colors, maybe brown eye liner and mascara instead of black? Try playing up one area to focus on at a time. If you want dramatic eyes then wear a muted lipstick or gloss, if you want the focus on your lips, play down the eyes a bit. Remember to enhance your natural beauty your makeup should not wear you- you wear it! Finish your look with a polished classy outfit. If you are well dressed you may feel less tempted to focus on the makeup, don't make judgements until you see the final product. (Hair done, dressed and accessorized) Have fun!

Old 09-02-2005, 02:06 PM   #3
    Dani Girl 78
    Veteran
    (female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

Thanks for the reply. I bought some new makeup, I just wish that I really knew how to use it. I think that I will start experimenting with different looks. My sis can't help, she lives in Hawaii *sigh*. I'm think that I need a hair cut and maybe a color and then some new techniques with the makeup.

Old 09-02-2005, 07:40 PM   #4
    Daphnee

Daphnee HB User

This post had me cracking up, you're too funny . Anyhow, alittle blush, eyelliner, and mascara is not going to make you look like a hooker. I bet it would look real nice on you and emphasize your best features. Just don't do what a friend of mine did.....she put blue eyeshadow on real thick and all the neighbor guys at her open house party were telling me she looked like a clown .

So, go out and buy some makeup and expieriment alittle and you can look at yourself and feel more confident and refreshed .

Old 09-04-2005, 11:40 AM   #5
    FusionAmber
    (female)

FusionAmber HB User

Buy the book Making Faces! It has detailed make-up instructions and different ways to apply make-up, different looks, etc. It REALLY helped me learn how to put on make-up correctly!

Closed Thread