It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• 21 yrs old and seeing the signs of aging...already! HELP!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User
    Thumbs down 21 yrs old and seeing the signs of aging...already! HELP!

Lately I have been noticing that I am *starting* to look a little older, as in, my face is starting to show the signs of aging! I have two profound lines in my forehead that are NOT from dry skin, b/c no matter how much I moisturize, they are always there. Also, I am noticing more and more lines under my eyes. (no crow's feet yet, but I have noticed my friends are starting to get them! eek!)

This is really bothering me! I lead a fairly healthy lifestyle (no drinking, no smoking) and I come from a good line of genes (my mom and grandmother look absolutely gorgeous for their age!) and I take supplements like alpha lipoic acid and COQ-10 to internally fight the signs of aging. I was using the Epidermx microdermabrasion which was helping a lot, but now I am on Accutane (for very mild acne/oiliness) so I can't use it anymore.

Has anyone used the Ascention (sp?) mask from Epiderm? I have also heard good things about Origins Plantidote. Anyone used these two products and seen results? I would also like to hear from people who have used other products/supplements that helped fight the signs of aging. Thanks so much in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2005, 12:51 PM   #2
    supercel
    (male)

supercel HB User
    Re: 21 yrs old and seeing the signs of aging...already! HELP!

its not uncommon to have lines at your age at all.. im only 16 and also have forehead lines/ lines under my eyes.. and i notice that a lot of other people my age do also.. your forehead lines are from expressions.. thats all there is to it.. if you dont stop raising your eye brows and making expressions than they will always be really deep.. i dont make forehead expressions near as much anymore and 2 of the lines basically dissapeared and the other which was really deep got a lot smaller.. and theres so many causes for lines under eyes.. if you have a couple lines in the inner corner of your eyes.. those are probably squint lines.. i have those and others from constantly rubbing my eyes from allergies.. things like too much sun can also cause other little lines under your eyes.

Old 10-21-2005, 03:13 PM   #3
    Rayvin400
    (female)

Rayvin400 HB User

stay out of the sun.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:52 PM   #4
    kellie2
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

kellie2 HB User

Trienelle....probably the best thing on the market right now. You can only buy it online so do a search. I've been using this for about three years now and what it has done for my face is amazing. I have always been blessed with looking younger than I am, but this cream has minimized fine lines around my eyes and given my skin a beautiful look. I am 53 and when I am with my 30 year old daughter, I am still at times mistaken for her sister. And my skin is actually prettier than hers, even she comments on it. I can't say enough about it.....worth every penny.

Old 11-12-2005, 08:59 AM   #5
    worldtraveler
    (female)

worldtraveler HB User

Two things that will make an enormous difference in the aging process: smoking and sunning. Since you don't smoke (you're very, very wise!), you're already ahead. Just make sure to wash your face in the morning, and even if you have a day planned with nothing, put on oil-free (unless you don't have oily skin) sunscreen. Worn religiously, it will make a difference. In fact, it's the only "beauty product" that will make a difference not only aesthetically, but for your health as well.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 PM   #6
    FusionAmber
    (female)

FusionAmber HB User

I agree 100% with the above poster: wear your sunscreen and don't smoke!

That being said, the lines really are from your expressions.. Stop raising your brows so much or whatever it is that is making those lines and they will either go away or be lessened.

Botox also works for this problem.

Old 11-16-2005, 09:45 PM   #7
    SlyGirl28
    (female)

SlyGirl28 HB User

Drink lots and lots of water. Staying hydrated will help your skin stay young looking.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:48 PM   #8
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FusionAmber
    I agree 100% with the above poster: wear your sunscreen and don't smoke!

That being said, the lines really are from your expressions.. Stop raising your brows so much or whatever it is that is making those lines and they will either go away or be lessened.

Botox also works for this problem.

Haha, yes at least I know I have Botox to fall back on one of these days. I have noticed that when I am applying mascara, I tend to raise my eyebrows, this may be the reason for my lines, I don't know. I am just so obsessed with aging, all my friends think I am crazy for using anti-aging creams, serums, and supplements at my age but I always heard that once you start seeing the signs of aging, it's too late to go back - that's why you have to work towards PREVENTION rather than working backward and trying to erase what has already been done.

Like I said, I don't smoke, but I DO tan... I have a lot of Greek in me, so I don't typically burn but I KNOWWWW that that doesn't make things much better.

I still would like to know if anyone has tried Origins Plantiodte serum and supplement....

Closed Thread