It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Ingrown hairs on upper lip

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-24-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
    mycatsmom
    (female)

mycatsmom HB User
    Ingrown hairs on upper lip

Hello all,
    Years of waxing & tweezing my upper lip have resulted in frequent ingrown hairs. Because my skin is pale & my hair very coarse & dark, they're very noticeable but there's no way to remove them because they're under the skin. Anyone know a solution for this problem?
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #2
    Barefoot1
    (female)

Barefoot1 HB User
    Re: Ingrown hairs on upper lip

Hmmm, I wonder if a product like Nair would help?

I do not wax or bleach my mustache. When I was in the drug store shopping for waxes/bleaches years ago, an older woman approached me... this woman was beautiful. Her clothes were gorgeous, her makeup flawless, her hair a shining white/silver crown. She gently took whatever product I had in my hand and put it back on the shelf while explaining that she was a model in her youth (aha I thought! that explains a lot lol). She asked me to look closely at her face, pretty face, nice skin, not too wrinkly (this woman was in her later 70's at least). All except the skin above her lip. Very wrinkly, puckered looking. She told me it was like that because of the pulling of the waxing and the harsh chemicals of the bleaching. If she had one thing to do over again she said, she would never have waxed her lip or her brows.

I use a finishing touch like product on my mustache and I tweeze my eyebrows. I figure every little bit helps....

Old 11-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
    mycatsmom
    (female)

mycatsmom HB User
    Re: Ingrown hairs on upper lip

Hi Barefoot1,
    Thanks for the reply. That beautiful lady was right. The skin above my mouth is also very wrinkly. I've considered leaving the mustache alone but I'm even more self-conscious about it than I am about the wrinkles I might give Nair a try. Thanks for the advice.

Closed Thread