It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Permanent Eyeliner..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Permanent Eyeliner..

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone has gotten permanent tattooed eyeliner done. My grandma did hers and I'll probably ask her about that soon, but meanwhile.. has anyone here tried it?

Did it hurt a lot and how long did it take to heal before you can wear other makeup with it? Also, I read somewhere that Merle Norman did it, and is that still so? And about how much does it cost?

The following user gives a hug of support to tUrRrRa:
    sdrucker (12-20-2010)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
    flintrock
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
    Re: Permanent Eyeliner..

I have a friend who did it...she said it was not painful at all. She said it kinda tickled...she wore vaseline on her eyes for a few weeks...it looks good...very natural....can't hardly see it........

Old 02-02-2006, 07:05 AM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Oh that's good it only tickled! I want mine to be natural but noticeable. I usually like to wear black eyeliner and do my eyes a little dramatic, but I was thinking I could do makeup over it if I want more. I just don't want anything too dark on my eyes permanently!!

Old 02-02-2006, 07:45 AM   #4
    cark
    (female)

cark HB User

My sister in l;aw had it done and yes, it looks VERY nice when its done right. ALso when she'd go out or whatever she would kick it up a bit with extra liner for a more dramatic look. Now a days its MUCH cheaper and the technique is refined.
    Om even thinking of having it done after seeing how nice hers looked. One thing Id NOT do is the permenant lipliner.. to me it just looks funny. SHe got that too and its just unnatural looking.

So eyeliner great.. lipliner not so great IMHO!

Old 02-04-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
    MsPeace
    (female)

MsPeace HB User
    Thumbs up Re: Permanent Eyeliner..

I have perm. eyeliner and I love it. It looks very natural and it's perfectly even. In my case, my eyeslids are naturally heavy so I look sick and tired without eyeliner so perm eyeliner was an excellent option for me. However, it isn't for everyone so be sure you really want it. It hurts a bit (slightly pinches, depending on which method is used) However, the technician will use a topical numbing oiment to alleviate most of the pain. Your eyes will be slightly sore/pink the following day and you won't be able to wear eye makeup for about 1 week to avoid infection. You'll have to apply an oiment for that week so your eyes will appear slightly shiny but it isn't noticeable and healing is a breeze.

A tip: shop around for a technician. There aren't as many restrictions on perm makeup as there should be so make sure you know his/her credentials. I made sure I went to a techician who also trains others in perm makeup technique.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:03 AM   #6
    marissamm
    (female)

marissamm HB User

i had my lips and eyes done a year ago and i love it it is especially nice in the summer, they use a topical ointment on your eyes and lips and it doesn't hurt at all, if i want to be dramatic i just add more makeup,

Old 02-05-2006, 09:46 PM   #7
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Wow that all sounds great! Yeah I won't do the permanent lip liner b/c I never wear lipliner anyway.. I just wear chapstick with lipgloss over it. I wear eyeliner every day though and it would be nice to just have it already done just to go work out or just out to work, and then put a darker liner over it for going out and for a more dramatic look. When you have to wait a week for it to heal, besides the shine, does it still look OK? Like does it look like you are wearing the liner?

Old 02-06-2006, 01:31 AM   #8
    MsPeace
    (female)

MsPeace HB User

Yes, it will look ok. In fact, I thought it looked good with the exception of the shine from the oinment. In fact, no one even noticed that I had it done! It will appear darker and more dramatic in the beginning because it hasn't healed so if it seems too dark, don't worry, it will soften in a week or two. I love it. Since I had it done, my boyfriend (who doesn't know I had it done) tells me he can't believe how beautiful I look in the morning. He never said that in the Pre-perma-eyeliner days since I'd always wake up with yesterday's makeup smudged all over my face. Yuk! I don't miss that.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:43 AM   #9
    marissamm
    (female)

marissamm HB User

thats what i like about it when you wake up in the morning or when your sick you still look good,mine still looks real good.you can swim,sweat or whatever its nice that its permanent and won't smudge or come off.

Old 03-22-2007, 01:40 PM   #10
    eve40
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

eve40 HB User

I'm bumping this up to see if anyone has had this done since and how they like it?

Old 03-22-2007, 01:52 PM   #11
    DayTrippin'
    (female)

DayTrippin' HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by marissamm View Post
    i had my lips and eyes done a year ago and i love it it is especially nice in the summer, they use a topical ointment on your eyes and lips and it doesn't hurt at all, if i want to be dramatic i just add more makeup,
    I am curiuos about the lip procedure - mine are very pale and kind of small. How mcuh did it cost? How did you choose who you went to? Also, does it help with making your lips appear fuller (nothing too dramatic)?

Thanks

Closed Thread