It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Beauty Secrets???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #31
    ali_moran
    (female)

ali_moran HB User
    Re: Beauty Secrets???

I've been using Bare Minerals for about a week now. At first my face was itching. I started using a gentle scrub on my face in the morning before I applied my makeup. No more itching!! It works great!!

I tried that eyelash blow drying thing!! Works great!!!
    Thanks for the tip!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2006, 09:52 AM   #32
    psabrina28

psabrina28 HB User
    Cool Re: Beauty Secrets???

I have naturally thick, dark, curled and long eyelashes. I put Castor oil on them every night, I don't need to blow dry them or anything goofy like that. I can use ANY kind of mascara and my eyelashes will look long, thick and have an awesome curve! I have thick, soft, very healthy and fast growing hair, I use coconut oil every other night, I had a haircut 4 months ago, I had it chopped off an inch or so above my bra strap, now it's past my waist line. At 30 people still tell me I have gorgeous hair and eyelashes.

Last edited by psabrina28; 03-22-2006 at 09:59 AM. Reason: add more info

Old 03-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #33
    jam338
    Veteran
    (female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User

wow....12" of hairgrowth in only 4 months...that is 3" a month....hairgrowth is generally about 1/2" per month for most people........

Old 03-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #34
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psabrina28
    I have naturally thick, dark, curled and long eyelashes. I put Castor oil on them every night, I don't need to blow dry them or anything goofy like that. I can use ANY kind of mascara and my eyelashes will look long, thick and have an awesome curve! I have thick, soft, very healthy and fast growing hair, I use coconut oil every other night, I had a haircut 4 months ago, I had it chopped off an inch or so above my bra strap, now it's past my waist line. At 30 people still tell me I have gorgeous hair and eyelashes.
    Wow! You need to write the guiness world book of records because the fastest hair growth on record is only approximately 1.5 inches per month.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:52 AM   #35
    SophiaM
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by psabrina28
    People STILL tell you that, even at an advanced age of 30? Unbelievable!

But seriously, your gorgeous hair and eyelashes are largely due to genetics rather than the oils you apply. I have naturally fine, blonde hair, and my eyelashes are long but also fine--it's also genetically determined. I don't think putting cocunut oil on my hair would make it any thicker--just more oily, probably. You are lucky to have such thick hair!

Old 03-24-2006, 11:06 AM   #36
    psabrina28

psabrina28 HB User

I'm telling you, the East Indian secret of using warm coconut oil with make your hair grow. My mother used to oil my hair when I was a kid, so I have had coconut oil in my hair every other day for about 28 years. Don't put too much oil and make sure you really massage it into the scalp. The good thing about this is it will help you sleep better. Maybe my hair naturally is dry so it doesn't get oily when i use coconut oil. There is another thing, Ojon makes an awesome hair restorative treatment. I hope this tip helps someone. I know there are plenty of people with dry hair out there!!

I grew up in East Africa, I am East Indian, I know a lot of the Indians there including myself used to drink the coconut water, it's not milk...you go to the beach and the dude climbs on the palm tree, plucks a coconut and cuts it open. The water inside is sweet and very refreshing. That was really good for the hair too. Oh, how I miss my paradise *sigh*

Last edited by psabrina28; 03-24-2006 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo

Old 03-25-2006, 04:54 PM   #37
    Katy5
    (female)

Katy5 HB User

I have naturally long lashes but tried blow drying my eyelashes this morning and the difference was AMAZING! When I walked downstairs the first thing my mom asked me was if I had fake eyelashes on because they looked so good.

My secrets are:

1. Shave legs and bikini area with conditioner, it makes them incredibly smooth and ZERO razor bumps in the bikini area. I usually use really cheap stuff like Suave (I got a huge bottle of it for $1.05 at Wal Mart)
    2. Use Tamanu Oil in my hair. I also use it on my skin as a great moisturizer and it works really, really well with helping with acne and acne scars. But when I use it in my hair it makes it shine, shine, shine.
    3. Lastly, I have naturally curly hair but when I put mousse in it and go about my day in the morning the curls lose their bounce and turn very flat by nighttime. So, I take a shower the previous night and just saturate my hair in mousse then without brushing or anything pull my hair back into a high bun on my head. I leave it that way until I'm ready to go out the next day, and when you take your hair down it's like curl city and it lasts allll night long.

Old 03-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #38
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

i dont know if this will work for everybody, but its definitely one of my newer beauty secrets.

there's a new product on the market called John Freida's Luminous Glaze. its meant to play up your hair color and add shine. the first time i used it, i noticed that it left my hair feeling very coated after i rinsed it out. i didnt like the feeling, BUT... after towel drying and combing my hair, i barely scrunched it and all of my natural waves came out beautifully! and when it air dried, i had NO FRIZZ. it brought out the most perfectly defined waves and curls i have ever seen in my hair. so i slept on it, and the next morning all i did was stick my head in the sink to get my hair wet, towel dried, combed, scrunched a little, and voila! perfect waves and curls again. so easy, and i didnt have to use any other products. now, every time i want to go for that beachy, wavy look i'll just reach for my bottle of glaze in the shower.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:35 AM   #39
    ClashingTaco

ClashingTaco HB User

I usually use salt or sugar mixed with body wash as an all over body exfoliatior in the shower. It works great for me and it's cheap.

Before bed I usually put vasaline on my lips so when I wake up they're super smooth. If there's any other spots that are kinda dry I put some there too.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:50 AM   #40
    Lauralouise
    (female)

Lauralouise HB User

I tried blowdrying my eyelashes the other day and it didn't seem to do anything. Am i doing something wrong? Is there a specific way to do it? cos it doesn't seem to work for me

Old 03-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #41
    Katy5
    (female)

Katy5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lauralouise
    I tried blowdrying my eyelashes the other day and it didn't seem to do anything. Am i doing something wrong? Is there a specific way to do it? cos it doesn't seem to work for me
    I don't know how anyone else does it, but I apply Loreal Double Extend Mascara (which makes them very long in the first place) and do it one eye at a time. I just set my blowdryer on the cool-low setting and hold it so the end of my blow dryer is about to the bottom of my nose and just aim the air straight up to the lashes for about 15-20 seconds. It really seperates them and makes them look FULL.

How have you been doing it?

Old 03-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #42
    lindanm
    Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lauralouise
    It wasn't working for me either.
    Then it occurred to me that my dryer has a cool shot button, so I tried the high setting with the cool button rather than the recommended low and that worked.

Old 03-28-2006, 07:15 PM   #43
    Egyptian EyEs
    (female)

Egyptian EyEs HB User

Everyone giving beauty secrets here, I might as well share. First take some good vitamins and eat well.

Well for my most feature I am known for would be my cat eyes. A lot of people are always asking me about my eyes. My secret is I use more than 1 type of eyeliner creating a different look than most people have. I first apply Black Liquid eyeline from the inner corner of my eyes to the outer corner, I apply is slightly pass the outer corner.

My next step is the eyeliner that I use on the bottom part of the eye only from HALFWAY in the inner lower lid all the way connecting the pencil to the liquid on top. its not really a pencile, it's made by cover girl...its like a pencile but its in a skinny platic tube that you can twist the bottom when you need more of the crayon,

But I use the liquid on top, then I connect the bottom eyeliner w/ the pencile outword connecting it to the liquid. and I then draw the pencil from the outer corner of my eye and I draw in the inner of my bottom lid but only half way. So only go half way. But by now you should have a very disinquished cat eyes. But for my final touch I apply black eyeshadow to ONLY shadow slightly over the line on the upper lid I make by the liquid. I DO NOT mean I apply it to my lid. No, I apply it right to the same line as the liquid, your just trying to soften up the dark streak of the liquid.

Also after you do your linner and eye shadows its looks really nice when you put some shiny white shadow just a quick dap in the inner corner of your eye.

I hope someone can understand the crazy steps above I left. It's hard to discribe shapes without useing pictures. But hey.......

Old 03-28-2006, 07:41 PM   #44
    jam338
    Veteran
    (female)

jam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB Userjam338 HB User

I tried the eyelash hair dryer tip and it didn't work for me...not a clue why not as it seems to be working for others....I use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and I am wondering if that somehow alters the results???....just wondering here if the people posting that it works use an eyelash curler before they apply mascara???

Old 03-28-2006, 08:45 PM   #45
    Katy5
    (female)

Katy5 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jam338
    I tried the eyelash hair dryer tip and it didn't work for me...not a clue why not as it seems to be working for others....I use an eyelash curler before applying mascara and I am wondering if that somehow alters the results???....just wondering here if the people posting that it works use an eyelash curler before they apply mascara???
    I don't use an eyelash curler beforehand...but I can't imagine it would alter the results. Maybe try it without the eyelash curler and see if there is a difference?

Closed Thread