It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• The Best Bras

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-06-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    The Best Bras

Ladies, which bras do you think are the best out there?? Ones good for enhancing, comfy ones.. any kind!

I must say that I love Victoria's Secret's infinity edge bras, and also the secret embrace.. the secret embrace just doesn't fit me perfectly .

I also like M*****form's Dream Bra and a few others!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2006, 05:49 AM   #2
    keepsgoin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

keepsgoin HB User
    Re: The Best Bras

I have been buying expensive bras at discounts close out stores and even though they were name brands, they were sooooooo uncomfortable...I told my BF I felt like I had a vice around my chest So I went bra hunting at department stores at the mall, I wear a very hard to find size...I'm very tall which mean I'm large across the chest but I'm small busted so I wear a 38A...finally I found that M-form bra style number 7109 and I absolutely love it...it's padded. I don't understand why it's so hard to find bras that are 38 inches because I am far from being over weight!!!! I never considered myself to be particularly large boned either but I'm 5'9" which I suppose it taller than almost every woman Where in the world do all the larger woman(and there are very many!!!!) go to buy bras...I'm not even over weight and I can hardly find a 38 unless it's a large cup size...not all woman have large breasts

Last edited by keepsgoin; 06-07-2006 at 05:51 AM.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:13 AM   #3
    NitroChic
    Veteran
    (female)

NitroChic HB User

Conversly, if you are endowed, try finding something that is slightly better looking than white/flesh tone with a BIZILLION hooks and rubber treads on the straps around the chest.....It's a crying shame.
    JCPENNEY offers the professional fitting, so my daughter and I went and did that. It is an eye opener to have one fitted by someone that knows what they are doing.I found that Fruit of The Loom is a down to earth comfy bra is alot of different styles...

Old 06-07-2006, 06:39 AM   #4
    keepsgoin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

keepsgoin HB User

I found a bra sizer calculator on the web at one of the websites that sells nothing but bras. You measure your bust and enter it in a space and then you measure under your arm and you enter that figure into the space and click calculate for an accurate bra size. I had alway just been buying 36As because it was all I could find. If I was really thin like in the middle of summer when I was very active it would fit ok but as soon as I'd gain that 5 or 10 extra winter lbs it would be so uncomfortable.

Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 AM   #5
    NitroChic
    Veteran
    (female)

NitroChic HB User

Keepsgoin....Isnt that the most frustrating thing??? I mean I dont wear skin tight clothes, but for a week every month I have to switch up to a couple outfits that are just more flexible... Either that or be REALLY cranky.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:05 AM   #6
    keepsgoin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

keepsgoin HB User

yeah and I hate wearing bras so much that a lot of the time I'll wear a big fitting blouse that you can't see through so that I just don't have to wear a bra...I find myself buy blouses with the sole purpose of going braless!!!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 07:18 AM   #7
    NitroChic
    Veteran
    (female)

NitroChic HB User

I do envy you that option..I truly do. You can so totally get away with that..With myself and my daughters, NO WAY. Hells bells, we can get so frustrated, HYDRAULICS sound like a viable option.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #8
    soe890
    (female)

soe890 HB User

To the gal trying to find a 38a and having no luck, I totally feel for you! I am on the opposite side, a 34dd and let me tell you, if you find one it's a happy day! No one makes them! DD's start at about 36 if you're lucky, and mostly 38's. A 34 is a rare find indeed! I don't get it, do the bra manufacturers not think we come in different sizes? What really irritates me is when I find a bra I love (hello, Victoria's Secret??) that doesn't even make my size! And yes, they're all white with a million hooks and straps as big as your arm! Good bye tank tops! I would give my right arm for a cute bra (can we say ANY color but white or nude!!) that fit properly!

What a great thread for venting!!

Old 06-07-2006, 07:57 AM   #9
    PollyAnn
    (female)

PollyAnn HB User
    Thumbs up Re: The Best Bras

I had a Breast Reduction 10 years ago that has left me an odd size so I have been wearing several different size bra's and none have been all that comfortable EXCEPT recently I found a bra in Sears for $16 that is wonderful. Its buy Vanity Fair, style # 75-243. Light padding for NO see-threw and stretchy straps for movement.

After all these years I finally found a bra that doesn't get tossed off as soon as I get home!

Last edited by PollyAnn; 06-07-2006 at 08:40 AM.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #10
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Luckily I am a pretty common size, about a 34C and sometimes a 36B depending on the style (I got measured at Victoria's Secret). However I still have a tough time finding bras so I just mainly stick to the same kinds and occasionally try them on for fun and I'll find others I like. It seems like a lot of bras I've seen are kind of pointy shaped, which I don't want! I just want one smooth that is lined and not TOO padded, but that does enhance what I've got.

At JCPenney's I also discovered Delicate's The Perfect Bra and it fits really nice and is SO comfortable. They make a push up also but I thought the way the padding was done made the bra feel really stiff and I didn't like that. I prefer the Infinity Edge or the regular Very Sexy from VSecret. The good thing about Infinity Edge is that you can adjust the straps ALL the way up, instead of how some stop at a certain point. I usually need the straps pretty tightened and some bras are just too big in the straps for me to actually buy!

Has anyone tried the bras from Gap Body? They looked nice to me but I don't know if it's a good buy or not..

Oh yeah and some of those cheaper push up bras from Target and Walmart (Vasarrette I think??) that have a clasp in the middle to make more cleavage, I do NOT recommend these!! I had two and both BROKE right in the middle.. the metal clasp just snapped! It was so weird.. it definitely wasn't too tight or anything and they fit perfectly.. they just aren't made too well. On the bright side these are only like $10 so I guess I did get my money's worth!

Last edited by tUrRrRa; 06-07-2006 at 08:18 AM.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:46 AM   #11
    soe890
    (female)

soe890 HB User

Keepsgoin, thanks much, I'll have to look into this. I've never bought a bra online as I like to try them on, but if they have (gasps!) black, I might just have to go for it! I've been to all the mall stores and they don't carry the 34DD that I've seen. Someone suggested Lane Bryant as they carry a large selection of DD but didn't have the 34's either. I have very seriously considered breast reduction surgery but always think that while mine are difficult to shop for, they are mine and I think I'd be lost without them.

Old 06-07-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
    KimC2005
    (female)

KimC2005 HB User

I have tried Gap Body and I like them. I am a 34C also, so I don't have too hard a time trying to find a bra. Victoria Secret is my favorite. Their bras are the best and fit me the most comfortable, however, I dislike one of the body by Victoria Secret bras.

Old 06-07-2006, 02:06 PM   #13
    lindanm
    Inactive

lindanm HB User

I hate wearing bras. They are so uncomfortable. I can't stand having that band around my chest and thick padding on my chest. And why does everything have to have an underwire? And why do they put satin banding over the edges guaranteeing that it'll show under your knits?

I don't see why they can't knit and fuse together layers so that the bra is thicker over the nipples while thin everywhere else with really tough spandex at the sides and underneath for support.

I mostly wear a bra to hide my nipples so most days I wear those nipple cover things. The reusable gel kind can still be seen under some knits though, but only if you are really looking. I think.

I do think that VS Infinity edge sounds worth checking out. I've been meaning to.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:02 PM   #14
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

You should definitely look into VS's ipex bra. Have you tried it before? Sounds like what you are looking for.. they even have an ipex without wire. The padding is done so it gives coverage over the nipples and it's thin without padding. Definitely worth trying it out! I've actually never tried it.

I think I might try out Gap Body's bras sometime then! They had some nice, pretty basic looking bras that were soft and looked like they would be comfortable. I couldn't NOT wear a bra b/c that is uncomfortable for me, unless it's like a nice dress with built in support or a tank top with a GOOD shelf bra that is more than just a second layer of shirt.

Has anyone heard anything about the Evolution by Margarita bra? It's supposed to enhance a LOT.. practically the way to make you look like you got your boobs done without getting surgery. I'd love to try it but I have only seen it online and would want to try it on first. Kind of looks like VS's Very Sexy bra.

Old 06-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #15
    lindanm
    Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by keepsgoin
    I found a bra sizer calculator on the web at one of the websites that sells nothing but bras. You measure your bust and enter it in a space and then you measure under your arm and you enter that figure into the space and click calculate for an accurate bra size. I had alway just been buying 36As because it was all I could find. If I was really thin like in the middle of summer when I was very active it would fit ok but as soon as I'd gain that 5 or 10 extra winter lbs it would be so uncomfortable.
    I've never been fitted, but I have measured myself using both this method and the one where you measure chest, add 5" for the bra size and then measure the largest part of you bust to get the cup size. Then I go out shopping for that bra size and they still don't fit.

Closed Thread