It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• Help me with bleaching.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-21-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
    grungedoll
    (female)

grungedoll HB User
    Question Help me with bleaching.

Ok so.
    My dream hair color is a whitish/platinum blonde. I did have it at a reddish brown color but I bleached it last friday and got the roots to a really light yellow color and the ends a darker yellow. Im planning on bleaching it again this friday to get the dark yellow out of the ends. My question is, if I deep condition it very well, is there any problem with bleaching it again and again to get it to my desired color? how long should I wait in-between each bleaching? and how often should I wait to do the roots? My hair grows so FAST! I hate it.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
    Toni_no12002
    (female)

Toni_no12002 HB User
    Re: Help me with bleaching.

Be very careful when bleaching your hair because it becomes very brittle.I would suggest going to a salon as theres less of a chance of messing your hair up totally.They will suggest the best things to do.

Old 06-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'd agree that a salon is a good idea.. b/c bleaching is over and over can really damage your hair even if you deep condition it. I went from medium brown to blonde by getting lots of highlights and my hair started to get damaged (breakage mostly and dryness) even with LOTS of conditioning. I NEVER had any damage or split ends before!! So please be very careful.. and do it little by little.. not all at once. I know if you really want to do it yourself you will, so maybe you can call and ask a salon how long in between bleaching is good to wait.

Old 06-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #4
    grungedoll
    (female)

grungedoll HB User

Well my other question is, should I wait and use a toner a few days after I bleach it again? or should I use it the same day I bleach it?
    Does it do anymore damage? Im not planning on bleaching it ALOT so soon. Im just bleaching it a second time tomorrow since bleaching it last friday.

And you just mix the toner with the developer right? and then apply?

Has anyone else ever done this at home???
    How often do you wait inbetween bleachings? or does anyone even know for sure??

Im not really all that worried because Ive bleached my hair so many times (sometimes more then once in a day) already and nothing really bad has happened yet. I went to a salon one time, and they only got it as far as I had ever got it at home, so I dont agree that they can get it any better.

I realize that it takes time and patience, and Im willing to do just that. Id just like a few answers.

Last edited by grungedoll; 06-22-2006 at 05:04 PM.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #5
    Toni_no12002
    (female)

Toni_no12002 HB User

To be honest as a hairdresser we was taught never to apply bleach over bleach as it can really damage the hair.If you go to a salon they have stronger bleaches which will get the right result in one visit so there would be no need to re-apply a second bleach on top.

With a bleach its strips the colours from your hair.So if you was a brown it would go red then orange,yellow and eventually white.It is recommended though not to go white as this leaves very little pigment in the hair causing it to be very brittle.No amount of conditioning treatments can really help as the pigment has been stripped.

With a normal hair dye it doesnt take anything away just adds colour.

Last edited by Toni_no12002; 06-23-2006 at 10:21 AM.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #6
    MoonLight0
    Inactive
    (female)

MoonLight0 HB User

I find it easier to just dye your hair lighter and lighter till you achieve the blond that you want.
    I know that takes FOREVER... but it's less damaging if you ask me.
    I used to do that back in the day till I decided that brown is so much easier to deal with.

Sorry I can't answer the questions since I don't really know anything about bleach.
    Good luck!

Old 06-27-2006, 03:05 AM   #7
    pippay
    (female)

pippay HB User

If you have dark hair it will only lift to a certain extent. using bleach alone. And consistently bleaching it WILL damage your hair although with all the conditioners you are putting on it (probably) it may not seem like it. Salons have bleach free lighteners that actually lift the hair colour even more so perhaps you should try that. You should only use bleach every 6 - 8 weeks max and then preferably only on the roots to prevent breakage at the overlap.

You can use a toner immediately as this just covers the hair and only stays in for a few shampoos. But the very fact you're asking means that the bleach has yellowed.

I'm not sure what you're using though as bleach requires a peroxide not a developer ?????

Personally, I woud find a salon, sit down with the colourist and tell her exactly what you want and get her to doa strand test to a) see the lighest colour she can achieve and B) more importantly to see the strength of your hair. My guess is it will strretch and break.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by grungedoll
    Well my other question is, should I wait and use a toner a few days after I bleach it again? or should I use it the same day I bleach it?
    Does it do anymore damage? Im not planning on bleaching it ALOT so soon. Im just bleaching it a second time tomorrow since bleaching it last friday.

And you just mix the toner with the developer right? and then apply?

Has anyone else ever done this at home???
    How often do you wait inbetween bleachings? or does anyone even know for sure??

Im not really all that worried because Ive bleached my hair so many times (sometimes more then once in a day) already and nothing really bad has happened yet. I went to a salon one time, and they only got it as far as I had ever got it at home, so I dont agree that they can get it any better.

I realize that it takes time and patience, and Im willing to do just that. Id just like a few answers.

Closed Thread