It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Beauty & Cosmetics Message Board

• castor oil/baking soda for moles?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-30-2006, 07:16 PM   #1
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User
    castor oil/baking soda for moles?

Does anyone know how this works, if it works and what the reciepe calls for?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
    Re: castor oil/baking soda for moles?

There was a post about this a long time ago (not sure if it's still there.. you can always search) and a lot of people sweared by it and said it worked great. They also used garlic.

I personally have never tried it.. but was kind of curious to try it.. but chickened out!

Old 07-05-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
    looky_loo143
    Inactive
    (female)

looky_loo143 HB User

this sounded really interesting to me so i decided to look it up. apparently it is a really popular remedy for getting rid of moles and other stuff. here is the "recipe" i found for it:

"To remove warts, moles, age spots and skin tags, mix baking soda with caster oil to form a thickish paste (not so thick that it is crumbly as it has to spread on the area). Spread the mixture on the wart, etc., and cover with a bandage strip. Do this twice a day until it drops off, usually in about two to three weeks."

let me know if you decide to try it and if it works!

Old 07-06-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

who's going first? I may try it with garlic on one that is discret.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
    Bell99
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bell99 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anxiety27
    who's going first? I may try it with garlic on one that is discret.
    Don't waste your time with garlic. I tried it as did my husband and all it did was smell!

Old 07-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Hahah I read about someone who said the garlic worked.. but they also said it smelled strong! I would hate to smell like garlic . They said it was hard to get the smell off.. so definitely do it maybe over a vacation or sometime when you have time to stay home and not worry about it!

I remember somebody saying that their mole fell off and bled a little bit after using the castor oil.. is that bad?

Old 07-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
    gagirl30
    (female)

gagirl30 HB User

I have heard you can tie a small piece of thread around a mole and it will fall off. Has anyone heard of this or tried it even?

Old 07-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #8
    eleemosyna
    (female)

eleemosyna HB User

That would have to be one large mole for one to be able to tie a string around!

Does the castor oil plus baking soda work only for raised moles/skin, or does it work for certain freckles too?

Old 07-08-2006, 07:44 AM   #9
    Dee030
    (female)

Dee030 HB User

I don't know if I would trust the castor oil/ baking powder, garlic or any OTC stuff. Some moles need to be taken out by the roots, so they would just grow back.

Old 07-08-2006, 08:11 AM   #10
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm not sure if the castor oil/garlic would work for flat moles.. but I don't think it would work for freckles.. and I agree that some moles do need to be removed at the root if they are deep especially. I found on article online that says that doing the garlic can actually remove skin cancer if a mole is cancerous and people did that a long time ago in other countries.. I have NO IDEA if it is true or not.. but wouldn't that be neat if it were?

And yes.. it would have to be a big mole to use the string.. very raised! All of my moles are barely raised and all smaller than pencil eraser sized.. so I guess it can only work for some people if it's true.

Old 07-08-2006, 05:10 PM   #11
    vicky20012
    (female)

vicky20012 HB User

hi i have tryed it it does work on a few of my moles but some are still there u really have to do it everyday make sure the solution stays on the mole

you have to scrape the mole for the solution to get right in there i did,nt cover mine i just make it into a paste and rub it in and cover a white bit on the mole and do this everyday raised moles raise up even more and get real nasty in fact i got worried coz it really balloned out but i carried on and mine has gone and so glad i done it coz u can still see a mark but its not a raised mole anymore which i think is better

but the thing is it did start comeing back after about 8 months later so i just done the process again

Old 07-08-2006, 07:30 PM   #12
    anxiety27
    (female)

anxiety27 HB User

how are the results with garlic?

Old 07-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
    eleemosyna
    (female)

eleemosyna HB User

Also, I would tend to think that if a mole is big enough for you to tie a string around, it's probably time to visit the doctor to see what's going on with it!

I am sure garlic has antioxidant properties and would eat it everyday for every meal if it can ward off cancer! But I'm not sure how good that claim is, either.

For the flat moles that I have on my face, I'm considering removal by laser treatments by a professional. That may be the safest and surest way to go (even if not the cheapest).

Old 09-02-2006, 11:35 PM   #14
    akazie
    (female)

akazie HB User

I have seen people remove warts with clear nail polish, I think it has to do with cutting the oxygen off or something but I was wondering if anyone here knows if putting clear nail polish over your moles would remove them?

Closed Thread